• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass MSR's Private Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been seeing a lot of for sale and trade MSR's online. Are people successfully FA-10ing these private party? Seems risky at this point until further clarification or am I missing something?

As (ahem) we understand it, if the modern sporting rifle which would otherwise be banned by the Attorney General's "guidance" was owned prior to 7/20/2016, it is legal to sell to another licensed individual in-state.

Are you asking if people have actually done it, and whether or not they got jammed up?

Why would they?

As (ahem) we understand it, if the modern sporting rifle which would otherwise be banned by the Attorney General's "guidance" was owned prior to 7/20/2016, it is legal to sell to another licensed individual in-state.

Are you asking if people have actually done it, and whether or not they got jammed up?

Why would they?

EXACTLY! The FAQs said it was ok!

And then they said it wasn't....

And then they said it was...

And then they didn't say anymore....

This is exactly my point. It is unclear so why risk it? its not a gray area, its an unknown area. Local shops initially were doing "consignment" sales which is the same thing as private party. They are not doing it any more because of the uncertainty.

- - - Updated - - -

11 posts and you're wondering about registering firearms, acquired thru private sales??

Hi Maura!!![wave]

Hahaha, I know you're joking. the real reason for 11 posts is I have a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom