• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass man buy in NH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhitek

NES Member
I have a MA LTC-A. Going to visit a friend of mine in NH to shoot.
Can I buy ammo in NH by myself?

(for you law nuts: I only plan on buying up there and using up there. nothing will come back across the border with me.)

Yes. You can also buy ammo up there to bring back home, if you like. You could even buy it from the stores near the MA border that check for a MA LTC from MA residents, despite there being no legal requirement for them to do so.

ayecarumbaoj3.jpg

that's great! thanks.

And to be honest. i was going to drive it back across the border..

There are many on here that flame a few of the gun shops in NH for requiring to see a MA LTC when a customer shows a driver license. NH only requires proof of age with a driver license by law. But a shop owner up there was hassled by the MA AG and a couple of shops are now checking for your MA LTC......I personally have no issue with it as I am a MA resident and go up there often to purchase ammo and just get my MA LTC out just in case......if I'm down here they ask so so I don't understand why some guys get upset.

You can buy long guns too, just make sure they get massified as necessary.

You could even buy it from the stores near the MA border that check for a MA LTC from MA residents, despite there being no legal requirement for them to do so.

But a shop owner up there was hassled by the MA AG and a couple of shops are now checking for your MA LTC.
Marcia's power to control us is vast and clearly extends well beyond our state lines in many cases. I've read all the arguments about the poor little ma and pa shops living in fear and just trying to limit their liability exposure, etc., but I still think it is obscene. In fact, it is obscene beyond words. Sorry apologists and excuse makers, but that's how I feel. I'll only shop NH at the places that aren't under Wicked Witch Marcia's despicable evil spell.

Everyone has their own tolerance level and thus draws their personal line in the sand.

Me . . . I'm fine with a visual check of my LTC before handing over ammo.

My "line in the sand" is if they try to enter that info online/on paper. If so, I'll walk out with empty hands and won't be back.

YMMV

Anyone recommend a couple of shops near Amherst NH and Manchester NH that I can call about .380?
Going to both of those towns tomorrow..

No, You cannot buy ammo in NH because you have failed to even do a basic search for this topic on this forum (nevermind googling it) before you created a new thread. Plus, I already forwarded your information to the MSP and they'll be looking for your car as you return across the border.

You want to buy a massive man in NH? I don't think that's allowed anymore.

I have a MA LTC-A. Going to visit a friend of mine in NH to shoot.
Can I buy ammo in NH by myself?

(for you law nuts: I only plan on buying up there and using up there. nothing will come back across the border with me.)

??? Is there a law preventing ammo transport from NH to MA? I only see road sign about illegal fireworks transport, but not ammo.

So bring back as much as you need.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

??? Is there a law preventing ammo transport from NH to MA? I only see road sign about illegal fireworks transport, but not ammo.

So bring back as much as you need.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

It's hidden in the code regarding buying a car in NH. If It was then filled with ammo, brought across the border, and torched when the state wanted their sales tax,, then he'd get hit with the fireworks charges when e rounds cooked off.

And to save anyone else asking about e legality of anything in MA, I leave you with this..

http://youtu.be/xBdpINm9UBU

Though, there's always this dissenting opinion:

http://youtu.be/a9SwAjkP33k

All grammatical, spelling, and informational errors are solely the fault of Tapatalk and Autocorrect. Pay no attention to the fat fingers mashing on the keyboard behind the curtain.

BYOA bring your own ammo from MA, I am sick of the mass holes buying up all the ammo here.... finally found 150 rounds of FMJ .40 last week, still can't find any WWB 9 or 40 JHP

You want to buy a massive man in NH? I don't think that's allowed anymore.

No, I think he/she meant a lot of men...like a Chippendales group buy....how 'bout it Ntom? Can you help the OP out?

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Last edited:
Everyone has their own tolerance level and thus draws their personal line in the sand.

My "line in the sand" is if they try to enter that info online/on paper. If so, I'll walk out with empty hands and won't be back.

YMMV

I agree 110% with this !!!

YMMV
So you're all good if a MA resident without FID/LTC tries to buy ammo in NH and gets denied?

So you're all good if a MA resident without FID/LTC tries to buy ammo in NH and gets denied?

No, I don't think it should be a requirement by the dealer. HOWEVER, I DO UNDERSTAND that the media (LSM) and AG has tried to vilify dealers who will sell anything to MA residents and thus feel the need to CYA by going above and beyond any legal requirements. As a business person myself I have pissed off some potential customers because I have refused to do certain types of work (arrests on small claims cases) or refused when the "client" gave me bad vibes about dealing with them or what they wanted me to do . . . it's my right as a business owner to do so.

MA has some very strange laws and just like Bloomturd, our AG has gone aggressively against non-MA dealers who do business with MA residents (most AGs keep their nose out of other states' business so MA is "unique" this way). She (and her predecessors) have used the media to vilify them, tried to sue them, etc. All this costs those businesses in goodwill, legal fees, etc. Self-defense is a natural reaction (except in MA) and their rules are that reaction.

According to the MA AG and DOR, we aren't supposed to be able to buy ANYTHING outside of MA!!! If you drive to RI and get sick, go to CVS and buy cough syrup, bring it back to MA, you are supposed to log that receipt and pay MA Sales Tax (difference between RI and MA Sales Tax) with your tax return. One day I accidentally found a MGL that ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITS bringing ANY liquor into MA that was purchased outside of MA. It was so incredulous that I contacted JD (one of our absent Mods) who I knew owned a package store or two . . . he confirmed this for me! So when we used to vacation in the Caribbean and bring back booze, US Customs was SUPPOSED TO confiscate it (never happened) as it was not legal for us to return home with it. Just an example of how far-reaching MA is into our lives.

I did have a lengthy discussion with Jim McLoud two months ago when I stopped at Shooters Outpost for the first time and we discussed this issue. I understand AND respect his position on this matter. And if you think that the media-released fact that the Boston Bombers practiced at MFL "helped" his business, think again!

No, I don't think it should be a requirement by the dealer. HOWEVER, I DO UNDERSTAND that the media (LSM) and AG has tried to vilify dealers who will sell anything to MA residents and thus feel the need to CYA by going above and beyond any legal requirements.

I also understand why some dealers do it. But this quote comes to mind:

"What you tolerate, you validate. What you put up with, you DESERVE!"
~ Scrivener

ETA: I am arguing this more from a moral standpoint. I"m a RI resident, so the BS doesn't apply to me. I still don't think it's right to put the screws to MA residents.

Went to Shooters Outpost. Awesome store.

She asked me for a drivers license. (I'm 40, so I'm guessing she wasn't checking to see if I was over 18. Probably more to see if I was a resident. She then asked me for my MA LTC.)
I had no problem with it. Same as buying at home.

Last edited:
Went to Shooters Outpost. Awesome store.

She asked me for a drivers license. (I'm 40, so I'm guessing she wasn't checking to see if I was over 18. Probably more to see if I was a resident. She then asked me for my MA LTC.)
I had no problem with it. Same as buying at home.

Right. They want to check residency. That's all. If you're an NH resident and of proper age, you can buy it without any further "documentation". If you're an MA resident, it really depends on the shop. SO/MFL will require a LTC or FID if your a MA resident.

Seems to me you "Mass" people should get your own house in order before bellyaching about how others choose to do business with people from the state.

Owners can do business as they please, the consumer can vote with their $$$

Again, don't like, stay home

I don't want to start another 30 pg thread on it but you are a FUDD and an enabler of MA laws if you have no problem following them, even out of state.

Choosing to kow tow to the MA AG as a NH FFL is about the same as changing your entire life due to a couple terrorists. They are violating no state or federal laws by confirming that your age is 18+. Thats all they are bound by. A certain well known FFL talks about being in an MA court well, Id like to know the circumstances and all the negative things that have come from it given his 2 brand new facilities. He is no worse off for it.

All you "I dont have a problem with it" types are conditioned well by MA which is what the pols want. What are you going to do if MA ever bans certain rounds? Puts a limit on the ammo? Once you as an NH FFL start to single out MA purchasers and require extra crap, you pretty much have to go and enforce what ever other crazy restrictions MA puts on us in the future. See how long you can buy ammo from NH dealers that ask for LTC when and if things in MA get worse. They will be the ones to kick us to the curb, dont forget it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom