• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass. LTC question

Thanks for the answers i was looking for from the non comedic members

Holy crap. Did you add that avatar or was it one of the "select from these pictures" things on NES?? Talk about a throwback picture!

Yes, in Mass the background check they do takes no time, yet the state holds onto your license paperwork for 3-12 weeks. Because they're busy doing stuff like

- watching paint dry
- playing beer pong
- fondling confiscated weapons
- deciding if a Glock can really be purchased in Mass
- forgetting to go to work today
- forgetting to go to work this week
- taking a week to explain to their bosses why they didn't come in last week
- taking a week's vacation with the 2 weeks of pay they just got by explaining

I'm really pulling for a miracle from the USSC.

You got jokes !!
mrw-when-a-guy-with-a-reputation-for-chasing-other-peoples-girlfriends-hits-on-my-fiance-144855.gif

Holy crap. Did you add that avatar or was it one of the "select from these pictures" things on NES?? Talk about a throwback picture!

Yes, in Mass the background check they do takes no time, yet the state holds onto your license paperwork for 3-12 weeks. Because they're busy doing stuff like

- watching paint dry
- playing beer pong
- fondling confiscated weapons
- deciding if a Glock can really be purchased in Mass
- forgetting to go to work today
- forgetting to go to work this week
- taking a week to explain to their bosses why they didn't come in last week
- taking a week's vacation with the 2 weeks of pay they just got by explaining

I'm really pulling for a miracle from the USSC.

You forgot:
-committing felony theft by stealing from the taxpayers when engaging in overtime fraud

They run a “Triple-I”, which is functionally the same as a NICS check.

Except that some people manage to get an LTC and then go out and they immediately get a delay or a deny for some reason... I'd say a NICS check is worse because they must use some kind of weird imperfect heuristic engine to flag people. It is too bad the "how it works" stuff doesn't seem to be available to the
public and is a black box. The whole thing being a black box is obnoxious, but I could rant for a page about that...

-Mike

Except that some people manage to get an LTC and then go out and they immediately get a delay or a deny for some reason... I'd say a NICS check is worse because they must use some kind of weird imperfect heuristic engine to flag people. It is too bad the "how it works" stuff doesn't seem to be available to the
public and is a black box. The whole thing being a black box is obnoxious, but I could rant for a page about that...

-Mike

How often has this occured?

How often has this occured?

If you dig there are at least a handful of people who have posted on this very board that it happened to them. particularly delays, delays because of NICS f***ery
are pretty common. Denials for otherwise clean people are rare, but that happens too. (likely because of stolen identity, or even a partially stolen identity, or a bad guy who happens to have the same or close name and birthday as you do).

I haven't looked at the operating report recently but the NICS false deny rate is somewhere in the "5 digit thousands of people every year" realm. The particularly chilling, telling number is the number of these denials that are overturned into proceeds. I would bet the false delay rate is higher than that but I don't remember if they put that in the report.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom