• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTC Holders with FLRB Reliefs Will Be revoked !

Pure gold from a recent decision:
And from McDonough v. McCarthy as police chief of Glocester:

Concludes that while the right to possess a firearm is not a "civil right" under state law, it is under federal law, and thus the FLRB restoration restores his rights at the federal level as well as state.​

This is starting to get real interesting
Love it.

Last edited:
Love it. Especially my police chief getting his pee pee slapped.
To be accurate, most of these police chiefs are FULLY on our side here. They've gone into court and have testified that they have to problem licensing our plaintiffs and they resent the state meddling in their authority.

Not Jason but yes they’re doing awesome work for fellow gun owners. Make sure to donate.
The three attorneys who have been working together in this effort are Jason Guida, Jeff Scrimo, and Keith Langer. Jason has taken the lead here and is responsible for going after the FLRB itself.

To be accurate, most of these police chiefs are FULLY on our side here. They've gone into court and have testified that they have to problem licensing our plaintiffs and they resent the state meddling in their authority.
Ahh okay good to know. I wasn’t sure as I heard (locally in town) mixed things about McCarthy but sounds like I was misinformed. I’ll edit my post. Thanks.

Ahh okay good to know. I wasn’t sure as I heard (locally in town) mixed things about McCarthy but sounds like I was misinformed. I’ll edit my post. Thanks.
Well, this is mixed blessing. We're happy that in this case the chiefs are asserting and protecting their authority even if we don't think they should have that authority in the first place.:confused:

Well, this is mixed blessing. We're happy that in this case the chiefs are asserting and protecting their authority even if we don't think they should have that authority in the first place.:confused:
One thing that seems to be universal is that chiefs HATE for anyone (other than their direct bosses) to TELL them what to do or not do!! I saw this in 1998 when that law changed and I've seen it since then as well (I think you can safely put the AG BS memo in that same bucket)

So these guys or girls who have just been found in favor again , do they get their ltc back right away or does Baker or someone higher up have to green light it ?

Not Jason but yes they’re doing awesome work for fellow gun owners. Make sure to donate.
I just paid a whole pile of legal bills. The attorneys Comm2a has been using are sufficiently committed to the cause to give us very favorable rates on fees, but it's still a s-load of $$. None of this would be possible without the donations from the shooting community, so all those who chipped in share credit for the victory.

The slave state of Massachusetts pistol license system must b scrapped.

We should look to the National leaders such as New Hampshire or Florida. Common sense licensing.

Florida police do not get involved with license issuing. They focus on crime. Not grilling citizens about who gets a golden ticket..... and they respect the veterans as well.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is now expediting all Florida concealed weapon or firearm license applications submitted by active military members and veterans.

Active military personnel who want to apply for a concealed weapon license should include a copy of their Common Access Card or other form of official military identification with their applications. FDACS will also accept a copy of service members' current orders as proof of active duty status.

Honorably discharged veterans should submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.”

And doesn’t N.H. issue through the town clerks?

I’m not seeing carnage in in those states.

The slave state of Massachusetts pistol license system must b scrapped.

We should look to the National leaders such as New Hampshire or Florida. Common sense licensing.

Florida police do not get involved with license issuing. They focus on crime. Not grilling citizens about who gets a golden ticket..... and they respect the veterans as well.

The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is now expediting all Florida concealed weapon or firearm license applications submitted by active military members and veterans.

Active military personnel who want to apply for a concealed weapon license should include a copy of their Common Access Card or other form of official military identification with their applications. FDACS will also accept a copy of service members' current orders as proof of active duty status.

Honorably discharged veterans should submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.”

And doesn’t N.H. issue through the town clerks?

I’m not seeing carnage in in those states.
MA is more likely to revise the LTC system to be more like Russia than NH or FL!

NH issues LTC thru local PDs, not Town Hall, however you don't need one for most purposes.

"most" , not all, and I wonder if, "some" of those chiefs "REALLY CARE", or do they "only care" because some police officers are also falling in the "disqualified" boat with the peons.

Or as said, the chiefs hate that the State has undermine their "authority"

Last edited:
"most" , not all, and I wonder if, "some" of those chiefs "REALLY CARE", or do they "only care" because some police officers are also falling in the "disqualified" boat with the peons.

Or as said, the cheifs hate that the State has undermine their "authority"
I'm pretty sure that if there was a LEO exemption to this situation then they'd be silent.

Or as said, the chiefs hate that the State has undermine their "authority"
Authoritah_2121b2_261276.jpg

Full text here: Massachusetts Governor Ignores Court Order To Reinstate Gun Permits

In this country, and at every state level, we have three branches of government: The executive, the legislative, and the judicial.

These three branches are supposed to keep one another in check. There are mechanisms put in place to try to make sure that happens. We call these “checks and balances,” and it’s a big chunk of why our republic has survived as long as it has.

Now, you probably already know all this. You learned it in high school government class, if not before then.

Want to know who didn’t learn it? Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker.

Governor Charlie Baker on Monday defended his administration’s role in a legal battle over firearm licenses, arguing the state was required to tell local police chiefs that hundreds of people should have their permits revoked at the urging of federal officials.

But the stance continues to meet resistance at the district court level, where at least seven judges — including two last week — have ordered that gun licenses be reinstated, with one dismissing the reliance on the state’s legal position as “capricious.”

Edited by M1911: For full text, follow the link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did J G made out with the flrb this week ? Didn’t he have 2 hearings ? Hope he killed it !
No word yet. It will probably be at least a week or two. These were cases where he was asked to come back in with additional information.

The board is required by law to meet at least quarterly (I think). And their scope of authority is very limited. I suspect they're trying to 'square the circle' in terms of meeting their legal requirements and doing something they see as pointless.

Back
Top Bottom