• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTC approval delay

Pro-tip for those playing the NES home game:

Keep your current LTC in your wallet
because the new one won't be usable
until the moment that the old one expires.

(You personally may already know that, but
more than one guy has tossed the old LTC
as soon as the new one arrived,
and then they couldn't do purchases for weeks/months [shocked] ).

ETA:

You just won the Intarwebs for the day with that one.
Also, when your renewal is "approved", you can't buy or sell a firearm with your old license. ....(ask me how I know..LOL). I traded a rifle to my FFL and it would not let the transaction go through with my old license and pin. I was told since my renewal was approved then my old license and PIN number expired.

We've had our LTCs long enough to have renewed once.
Both the initial acquisition and the renewal took close to the same length of time. I want to say three or four months. My memory is worse with each passing year.
i know our renewal was pre-covid.
Haverhill has consistently been 4 weeks from apt with licensing officer to license in hand......initial and renewals for me.....my wife.....and my son.

That's because in NH if they miss the 10 day deadline the CoP is personally liable. Not the city, town, or state, the CoP. Funny how when it come out of their pocket they meet the deadlines.

To be honest, in NH they usually beat the deadline, my C&R took 6 days 23 hours and when they called they were going to run it right over, but I wasn't home so I picked it up a 7pm. How many MA PDs would even let you pick it up after "business hours". I know in my former MA town this kind of thing was strictly a 10-4 thing.
My NH town you pick it up at the Records Dept window and they close at 4PM weekdays. Other than that, my P/R License took 1 week from handing my app to the chief and my Wife's took 1 day!
I applied for renewal on 10/23 which was a Friday. Got my license on 1/12. 81 days. When I talked with a couple of officers in Ware back in Dec. they told me they were 8 weeks out over there. I'm thinking that the PD doesn't send just one application in at a time. They probably have a set day during the week that they send them in.
Yes, they probably set aside the time of 0900-0901 once per month to hit the "send/enter" button on their MIRCS computer. They do NOT Mail your application in, they type it on the MIRCS computer and hit the "send/enter" button and it magically appears at FRB due to that new technology developed by Al Gore called the Internet.

What you have here is a bunch of lazy bastards that lie and make excuses.
Also, when your renewal is "approved", you can't buy or sell a firearm with your old license. ....(ask me how I know..LOL). I traded a rifle to my FFL and it would not let the transaction go through with my old license and pin. I was told since my renewal was approved then my old license and PIN number expired.
This is true. Old LTC isn't "expired" relative to the ability to possess/carry (if unrestricted) but is relative to buy/sell.

My NH town you pick it up at the Records Dept window and they close at 4PM weekdays. Other than that, my P/R License took 1 week from handing my app to the chief and my Wife's took 1 day!

Yes, they probably set aside the time of 0900-0901 once per month to hit the "send/enter" button on their MIRCS computer. They do NOT Mail your application in, they type it on the MIRCS computer and hit the "send/enter" button and it magically appears at FRB due to that new technology developed by Al Gore called the Internet.

What you have here is a bunch of lazy bastards that lie and make excuses.

This is true. Old LTC isn't "expired" relative to the ability to possess/carry (if unrestricted) but is relative to buy/sell.
1. What is P/R? (Purchase/R.......?)
2. I'd call them the next day and ask "Is it in yet?", and then continue to do so until it is in. The RMV can turn it around the same day, right?

1. What is P/R? (Purchase/R.......?)
NH (resident) Pistol/Revolver [License].

ETA: Resident P&RL's are printed on relatively insubstantial stock.
LinearTalkativeIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Non-resident P&RL's are laminated so sturdily that
they even meet the approval of moonlighting Lake of the Ozarks bartenders.

Taunton: Class A renewal
Submitted application in March( it expires on 6/20),
Received the NEW one this Monday 5/10.

Prior Chief got sued and lost for delay shenanigans, so the city don't play anymore. I did have mine run over about a week on the state side last year due to Vid, but the officer mailed it the next day after receiving.

Back
Top Bottom