• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass LTC approval delay

crookedteeth

NES Member
I applied and gave finger prints over 2 months ago (9 weeks). Local PD said they'd send in to the State by the next day. Called the State today and they said it would be another month or month and a half. So like 3-4 months total. I have nothing of concern in my background. Anyone know why this might be taking so long? Anyone experiencing the same delays? Then I guess I'll have to spend another month trying to find a gun and another month trying to find ammo. Geez. It's now practically a 6 month process.

because they suck and can get away with being lazy POS's due to Covid.

Any failure of Government to do what they are supposed to do can now be excused away by "Because Covid that is why"

Funny there are no prints required in NH and they are still turning them in under 2 weeks

Everything is delayed with every bureaucracy everywhere. Because Covid.
I do taxes for a living.
Getting ahold of the IRS or MA DOR is like talking to a wall.
Any little thing takes months, and that's the little things.

I dropped off my paperwork and was printed nov 18 at my P.D. in ma. I called the state last week they stated that the pd had approved .now it’s waiting on the state and it’ll be another 4-6 weeks !

Any failure of Government to do what they are supposed to do can now be excused away by "Because Covid that is why"

Funny there are no prints required in NH and they are still turning them in under 2 weeks

Covid is a perpetual "snow day" for lazy state workers. Sorry to hear of the delay in your LTC.

Do police chiefs have to attest (say for federal grants) that they haven't committed any crimes? Can they honestly do this if they've failed to approve or deny an LTC within 40 days?

I went to the Taunton PD last week to renew my LTC which is not due until June - due to all the stories about the backlog I wanted to get it in the works ASAP. Took about 5 minutes for them to check my paperwork, ask me if using the photo from last time was OK and then told me to expect the LTC in the mail within a week to 10 days. Key is it was a renewal - the clerk told me they were not doing many interviews, photos, fingerprint sessions so new LTC's were taking a long time.

We've had our LTCs long enough to have renewed once.
Both the initial acquisition and the renewal took close to the same length of time. I want to say three or four months. My memory is worse with each passing year.
i know our renewal was pre-covid.

I applied and gave finger prints over 2 months ago (9 weeks).

My 2020 renewal took 5 months, because you know, covid and all that.
My 2015 renewal took 5 months, because you know (insert excuse here). Russians probably.
My 2010 renewal took........... a while. Probably aliens, or russian aliens.

I think my l.t.c. issue in '95 only took 2 weeks. So theres that.

Anything with "The Massachusetts Dept Of" in front of it is a complete clown show run by Idiots wearing Moron suits. You could take any two tards out of any mass dept of, staple em together, and you'd still only have one half of a whole dipshit.

I went to the Taunton PD last week to renew my LTC ... told me to expect the LTC in the mail within a week to 10 days.
Pro-tip for those playing the NES home game:

Keep your current LTC in your wallet
because the new one won't be usable
until the moment that the old one expires.

(You personally may already know that, but
more than one guy has tossed the old LTC
as soon as the new one arrived,
and then they couldn't do purchases for weeks/months [shocked] ).

ETA:
Anything with "The Massachusetts Dept Of" in front of it is a complete clown show run by Idiots wearing Moron suits. You could take any two tards out of any mass dept of, staple em together, and you'd still only have one half of a whole dipshit.
You just won the Intarwebs for the day with that one.

I applied and gave finger prints over 2 months ago (9 weeks). Local PD said they'd send in to the State by the next day. Called the State today and they said it would be another month or month and a half. So like 3-4 months total. I have nothing of concern in my background. Anyone know why this might be taking so long? Anyone experiencing the same delays? Then I guess I'll have to spend another month trying to find a gun and another month trying to find ammo. Geez. It's now practically a 6 month process.
Hope you didn't vote democrat...

Gloucester, besides having the rudest woman to ever exist in charge of records is not doing fingerprinting due to the batstew flu, thus denying the rights of its citizens. Apparently though they will be more than happy to fingerprint you should you go afoul of the law.

That's because in NH if they miss the 10 day deadline the CoP is personally liable. Not the city, town, or state, the CoP. Funny how when it come out of their pocket they meet the deadlines.

To be honest, in NH they usually beat the deadline, my C&R took 6 days 23 hours and when they called they were going to run it right over, but I wasn't home so I picked it up a 7pm. How many MA PDs would even let you pick it up after "business hours". I know in my former MA town this kind of thing was strictly a 10-4 thing.

I applied for renewal on 10/23 which was a Friday. Got my license on 1/12. 81 days. When I talked with a couple of officers in Ware back in Dec. they told me they were 8 weeks out over there. I'm thinking that the PD doesn't send just one application in at a time. They probably have a set day during the week that they send them in.

Back
Top Bottom