mass.large capacity weapons roster

The "mass. large capacity weapons roster", can anybody tell me what the purpose of this document is?
Thanks

In the old days it basically was "this is a list of stuff you can't legally buy if you only have an FID or in the case of handguns an LTC-B. The LTC-B is basically gone
now. And most people don't have FIDs anymore unless they're under 21 or some other weird category.

The "mass. large capacity weapons roster", can anybody tell me what the purpose of this document is?
Thanks

It's a backup document to the main roster to show you Glocks are ok to buy in MA. But don't you dare attempt to buy one from a gun store because that's not allowed. But you can own one.

Got it? Simple stuff.

Ok, I can own those, buy from private party, but can't buy 10+ rounds from gun shop.
Thanks

Ok, I can own those, buy from private party, but can't buy 10+ rounds from gun shop.
Thanks
What do you mean “can’t buy 10+ rounds from a gun shop”? If you’re talking about guns and not magazines, you certainly can buy a gun capable of accepting a 10+ round magazine from a gun shop (e.g. a Beretta 92FS). You just can’t buy (or own) a magazine that holds 10+ rounds for it unless that mag was made before 1994, period (doesn’t matter who you buy it from).

As far as ownership, there are just two “bans” in MA. The Assault Weapons Ban (AWB), which bans certain guns that are defined as “Assault Weapons” (like the AR15). And the large capacity feeding device ban, which bans (among other things) mags with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds. Both bans allow ownership (and transfer of ownership) for items manufactured/owned prior to the initial bans going into effect (9/13/1994).

Back
Top Bottom