Mass Katrina Bill Needs Your Help

GOAL

NES Member
Mass Katrina Bill Needs Your Help

Senate Committee on Ways & Means

617-722-1481

With the general budget debates over, on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 the Massachusetts Senate will begin regular formal sessions once again. Now that the Senate will be taking up regular business again, it is time to continue work towards the passage of GOAL's bill S.1401 "An Act Prohibiting the Confiscation of Lawfully Owned Firearms During the State of Emergency". As our members recall this bill was filed as a result of the unlawful confiscation of firearms during the Katrina disaster.

At the end of March this bill was released favorably by the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security. The bill now resides in the Senate Committee on Ways & Means. GOAL is urging our members to contact the Senate Committee on Ways & Means and urge them to release S.1401 with a FAVORABLE report. The Committee can be contacted at: 617-722-1481. As always we ask our members to be polite, brief and to the point when contacting the State House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call also made here - friendly woman thanked me for my time.

Please people this is huge - get on the phone and do your part.

Bump - sorry mods but this is the day it happens so I want to keep it top shelf.

Back
Top Bottom