• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MASS Junior Conservation Camp

Tommy Gun

NES Life Member
NES Member
I dropped off my Nephew this past Sunday at the Mass Junior Conservation Camp and met up with Jon Green of Goal. We also met my daughters tent mate from the 2006 session and found out from Jon that this young lady is going into the Marines this October. I thanked her in advance for her service and told her my nephew wants to join but he has to wait a little bit longer.

Here is a link to the 2006 season.

http://www.juniorconservationcamp.org/pics2006.htm

My daughter is in the picture that was taken in front of the Goal Mini Van. She should be easy to spot kneeling front and center with a big smile on her face. [smile]

I would like to thank Goal and all that support this camp. This is my 4th relative that has attended and can't say enough about the Camp. The 3 that attended previously still rave about the time they had at Camp and I know my daughter is still in contact with a bunch of fellow campers.
I would also like to thank Danvers Fish & Game Club, they have repeatedly sponsored campers for this adventure and it is greatly appreciated.

There was only one complaint, something about a screaming chicken.[laugh2]

The chicken isn't screaming... it is singing.

I had the pleasure of helping on Staff there last summer and working with some awesome folks. I can't say enough great stuff about the people or the program.

Keep an eye on the website for next years sign up. I know there was a problem in the past that had to be resolved and they almost had to cancel or move.

Tommy

Ok, will do....actually just found out from my wife , Who works for DCR, that she knew about it, but had forgotten...pretty bad seeing as how they are actually one of the sponsors!!! DUH....LOL We already have it on our calendars to remind us to sign him up....

One funny part of dropping your child off is watching some parents having a problem letting go. Some kids are nervous when they are about to be left someplace for 12 days with no idea of what is in store. My wife was like that with our daughter but I said she is in good hands and she will come out a better person for doing it. Then my wife watched the weather reports every day to see what was heading their way.
One thing is to write some letters as my daughter said we only sent one and she was looking forward to more, maybe boys are different.

Tommy

Back
Top Bottom