Mass. judge indicted protecting illegal and others "take a stand" against ICE/Feds

with all due respect, I've been hearing this for a while, there is never ending excuse when Trump starts clean the house. There is always the next milestone, next year, post mid-terms, next term. ... I am not holding my breath.

The important point here is that this dude is not Trump. He is a US Attorney who appears to do his job. The change will not come from the top, it will come from the bottom, people like him doing their duty. We don't need to wait for Trump.

If it wasn't for Trump putting in USA's that are willing to go after this level of criminality, they wouldn't be doing it.

This was approved at D.C. before it went forward, I'd bet a month's pay. At least tacit approval if not formal. I think I used the right word there. Sometimes, trying to sound smart backfires.

So yea, shes backing the judge.
No shocker there.

it's not Maura, you have to read the article...it's the legal counsel for the Mass Bar Assoc.

But Maura is actually backing her.

Joseph, 51, who has been on unpaid suspension since her indictment in April, has been defended by retired judges and Attorney General Maura Healey, who accused Lelling of prosecutorial overreach, while others criticized Joseph, saying her job is to enforce the law, not help others violate it.

She needs to be made an example of so other judges fall in line...

No. Government “making an example” of someone by using violence to force compliance is a rather tyrannical philosophy.

She should be held accountable in a fair and reasonable manner the same as anyone else. Or another way to look at it would be that everyone else who also acts this way would also be held accountable in the same manner as her.

But neither is happening.

Why just her? Why aren’t judges and prosecutors and city officials nationwide also being arrested?

with all due respect, I've been hearing this for a while, there is never ending excuse when Trump starts clean the house. There is always the next milestone, next year, post mid-terms, next term. ... I am not holding my breath.

The important point here is that this dude is not Trump. He is a US Attorney who appears to do his job. The change will not come from the top, it will come from the bottom, people like him doing their duty. We don't need to wait for Trump.

If it wasn't for Trump putting in USA's that are willing to go after this level of criminality, they wouldn't be doing it.

This was approved at D.C. before it went forward, I'd bet a month's pay. At least tacit approval if not formal. I think I used the right word there. Sometimes, trying to sound smart backfires.
No. Government “making an example” of someone by using violence to force compliance is a rather tyrannical philosophy.

She should be held accountable in a fair and reasonable manner the same as anyone else. Or another way to look at it would be that everyone else who also acts this way would also be held accountable in the same manner as her.

But neither is happening.

Why just her? Why aren’t judges and prosecutors and city officials nationwide also being arrested?

This one got caught. Others are absolutely doing similar things, but are less overt about it.

I've had someone released as soon at they saw me leave the parking lot. I was heading back to station to game plan how to set up to get him as he walked out. They think everyone is on their side, but there's little birdies on both sides of this one.

This would make an example of her.

May 30, 2019 at 8:59 pm | UPDATED: May 31, 2019 at 9:25 am

Suspended Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph wants her $184,000-plus pay back.

judgece007-e1556274218580.jpg

Her lawyers argue in a new filing that the former Newton District Court judge is already being punished “prior to any finding of wrongdoing” for allegedly allowing an illegal immigrant to escape from ICE agents out a basement door of the court last spring.

Source: Judge Shelley Joseph wants her $184,000-plus pay reinstated – Boston Herald

"Unproven and unfounded charges by the federal government do not compel this unprecedented and serious sanction, or the lack of fair process that attended its imposition,” her attorneys added.

I guess a recording of her in the act is "unproven and unfounded" in their eyes...

This one got caught. Others are absolutely doing similar things, but are less overt about it.

I've had someone released as soon at they saw me leave the parking lot. I was heading back to station to game plan how to set up to get him as he walked out. They think everyone is on their side, but there's little birdies on both sides of this one.

I've often opined that this broad would have gotten away with it if she hadn't been so brazen and stupid about it. Not only is she a moonbat, but she's a stupid moonbat too, for someone who is supposed to be a judge. Think of like 48 ways as a judge you could have softly abused the system (without having to turn off microphones and give a court officer illegal directions) to tie up the ICE guy in the courtroom etc or make him leave etc. You've probably had like 20 of them already happen to you trying to bag these shitheads. This broad wasn't even bright enough to cover her own backside... [laugh]

-Mike

There was an interview on NPR with Maura Healey claiming this was prosecutor overreach, and that the state should handle this rather than the feds. What a hypocrite.

I've often opined that this broad would have gotten away with it if she hadn't been so brazen and stupid about it. Not only is she a moonbat, but she's a stupid moonbat too, for someone who is supposed to be a judge. Think of like 48 ways as a judge you could have softly abused the system (without having to turn off microphones and give a court officer illegal directions) to tie up the ICE guy in the courtroom etc or make him leave etc. You've probably had like 20 of them already happen to you trying to bag these shitheads. This broad wasn't even bright enough to cover her own backside... [laugh]

-Mike
She's most likely a judge because she contributed to the right political campaign , not because she's a MENSA member.

There was an interview on NPR with Maura Healey claiming this was prosecutor overreach, and that the state should handle this rather than the feds. What a hypocrite.
The state has a long history of ignoring crimes committed by favored ones (House speakers, MSP troopers, etc.). Maybe the feds wouldn't jump in if the state would do its job.

May 30, 2019 at 8:59 pm | UPDATED: May 31, 2019 at 9:25 am

Suspended Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph wants her $184,000-plus pay back.

judgece007-e1556274218580.jpg

Her lawyers argue in a new filing that the former Newton District Court judge is already being punished “prior to any finding of wrongdoing” for allegedly allowing an illegal immigrant to escape from ICE agents out a basement door of the court last spring.

Source: Judge Shelley Joseph wants her $184,000-plus pay reinstated – Boston Herald

She has a few good miles left...Perhaps Prostitution might work...work a deal with the ones she is letting escape...

Please let their court appearance take place before a judge that isn't going to play games, and go easy
on them because one is another judge and the other is a court officer.
Wishful thinking, but we all know this is going to just quietly go away.

Suspended Newton judge declined plea deal that would have meant no criminal charges

Suspended Newton Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph turned down a deal that would have allowed her to avoid prosecution — and possibly preserve her career — if she admitted that she illegally helped an undocumented immigrant elude arrest by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, according to several people briefed on the federal prosecutor’s offer.

US Attorney Andrew Lelling had offered Joseph a “deferred prosecution agreement” under which she would not have been indicted and, in a year, as long as she didn’t repeat the conduct, prosecutors would abandon the obstruction of justice charges, according to the people familiar with the deal.

But Joseph refused to admit she violated federal law and now faces the possibility of up to 20 years in prison if convicted of obstruction of justice.

snip

“Though at first it might appear to be an attractive offer, upon reflection it could present some very serious and harsh consequences down the line,” said Healy, whose group has expressed concern about the indictment.

The Commission on Judicial Conduct could recommend removing her from the bench, he said, an action that would likely trigger a review of her alleged conduct by the state Board of Bar Overseers.

“There is a great likelihood that she could lose her ability to practice law” had she accepted the deal, Healy said.

Suspended Newton judge declined plea deal that would have meant no criminal charges
IOW, she’s secure in the knowledge the fix is in and she will NEVER be convicted, even in the remote chance it sees trial. You think one honest attorney can even chip the paint on the deep seated corruption our court systems are wholly constructed of?

Back
Top Bottom