Mass. judge indicted protecting illegal and others "take a stand" against ICE/Feds

I'm not an expert on federal prisons but I know a guy who served federal time for a white collar offense. According to him, other inmates were just like him and there was no violence whatsoever. There are probably prisons for different kinds of offenders and I strongly doubt that crooked stockbrockers she's likely to end up with will off her.
There are various security levels, and one gets a lower level once the remaining sentence is under 10 years.

In some of the federal prisons, the appropriate response to a welcome care package from fellow inmates is "thank you". In the prisons with violent gangs, racial strife, gangs, the response is "don't want it" unless you want to be in the position of owing someone.

RTC-9368-2.jpg

My daughter keeps wanting me to walk into her RMV with an ICE or Border Patrol hat on to see what happens. It could probably help clear it out on busy days.

I was thinking, imagine if this was a guy who was arrested in a conservative state for drug possession, and the ATF had a warrant on him for illegal gun-running and sent an agent to the courthouse to pick him up. Imagine the gun-friendly judge let him out the back door just like this judge to avoid ATF, and got his ass indicted for it.

Is there anyone on this forum that would defend that judge? My bet is no, we'd all say he sounds like a scumbag and "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". That's the difference between the left and the right, to them it's all about getting the outcomes they want, they don't actually care about the rule of law.

I was thinking, imagine if this was a guy who was arrested in a conservative state for drug possession, and the ATF had a warrant on him for illegal gun-running and sent an agent to the courthouse to pick him up. Imagine the gun-friendly judge let him out the back door just like this judge to avoid ATF, and got his ass indicted for it.

Is there anyone on this forum that would defend that judge? My bet is no, we'd all say he sounds like a scumbag and "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". That's the difference between the left and the right, to them it's all about getting the outcomes they want, they don't actually care about the rule of law.
Exactly right!

You know, after a day, I've thought about it. On the top of my list of people who I really really really want in America is illegals who are also criminals. I mean, those poor innocents. I feel SOOO bad for them.

I'd give them a home. . . on Maura's (among others) lawn. I'd even spring for the lawn chair and the cooler of crappy beer.

I love the new ones. Arrested for carrying a dangerous weapon. "Oh don't send him back to El Salvador!" How about Antarctica??? No crime there. He'd be safe.

Seems so with quotes like this, wish she was as adamant about defending the bill of rights: Taking a defiant stand against U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling, who last week indicted a judge for allegedly helping an illegal immigrant defendant evade ICE, Rollins said: “I am in no fear of arrest. And, very candidly, if I am, it would be my honor.”
Nope - only adamant about defending Donkery.

Seems so with quotes like this, wish she was as adamant about defending the bill of rights: Taking a defiant stand against U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling, who last week indicted a judge for allegedly helping an illegal immigrant defendant evade ICE, Rollins said: “I am in no fear of arrest. And, very candidly, if I am, it would be my honor.”

They should honor her request.

Bob

Suspended Newton judge declined plea deal that would have meant no criminal charges

Suspended Newton Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph turned down a deal that would have allowed her to avoid prosecution — and possibly preserve her career — if she admitted that she illegally helped an undocumented immigrant elude arrest by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, according to several people briefed on the federal prosecutor’s offer.

US Attorney Andrew Lelling had offered Joseph a “deferred prosecution agreement” under which she would not have been indicted and, in a year, as long as she didn’t repeat the conduct, prosecutors would abandon the obstruction of justice charges, according to the people familiar with the deal.

But Joseph refused to admit she violated federal law and now faces the possibility of up to 20 years in prison if convicted of obstruction of justice.

snip

“Though at first it might appear to be an attractive offer, upon reflection it could present some very serious and harsh consequences down the line,” said Healy, whose group has expressed concern about the indictment.

The Commission on Judicial Conduct could recommend removing her from the bench, he said, an action that would likely trigger a review of her alleged conduct by the state Board of Bar Overseers.

“There is a great likelihood that she could lose her ability to practice law” had she accepted the deal, Healy said.

Suspended Newton judge declined plea deal that would have meant no criminal charges

Suspended Newton Judge Shelley Richmond Joseph turned down a deal that would have allowed her to avoid prosecution — and possibly preserve her career — if she admitted that she illegally helped an undocumented immigrant elude arrest by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent, according to several people briefed on the federal prosecutor’s offer.

US Attorney Andrew Lelling had offered Joseph a “deferred prosecution agreement” under which she would not have been indicted and, in a year, as long as she didn’t repeat the conduct, prosecutors would abandon the obstruction of justice charges, according to the people familiar with the deal.

But Joseph refused to admit she violated federal law and now faces the possibility of up to 20 years in prison if convicted of obstruction of justice.

snip

“Though at first it might appear to be an attractive offer, upon reflection it could present some very serious and harsh consequences down the line,” said Healy, whose group has expressed concern about the indictment.

The Commission on Judicial Conduct could recommend removing her from the bench, he said, an action that would likely trigger a review of her alleged conduct by the state Board of Bar Overseers.

“There is a great likelihood that she could lose her ability to practice law” had she accepted the deal, Healy said.

I'm glad she turned it down. She needs to be made an example of so other judges fall in line...

Give her the full 20. Who know how many other scumbags she was shielding. If she's going to stand her ground for this piece of crap, you know she's been doing shady shit for years.

Immigration is one of the few actual truly constitutional mandates the federal government has and should be performing.

snip

her ability to practice law should the be the least concern for that POS "judge". The only thing she should judge if her new butch girlfriend is better than the previous one.

Is there "legal gun-running"? ... right, Fast and Furios.

Please don't compare dick and finger.

ATF is a bullshit, anti constitutional construct that need to be abolished. It's sole purpose is to infringe on 2a. A "gun-friendly" judge is a man with a conscience and honor, unlike wast majority of hacks, who also read motherf***ing Constitution, like everyone should.

Back
Top Bottom