Mass guys with LTC's... do you carry .45 or 9mm?

I usually carry (all IWB) 9mm Kurz (.380ACP) in either SA 911 or Colt Gov't and 1 or 2 spare mags for weight and concealment. I have a pre-ban Barretta 92f w/two 15 rd mags, but it is just too big to conceal. My 1911 CMD is a bit heavy but I have carried that a few times. I am looking into a S&W 686 + .357, 3 inch. I will see how that goes.

I’m of the 10-rounds-is-enough-to-handle- the-trouble-i’m-likely-to-be-in-group so I carry a G48 because it’s slim and I am not, yet I still like to be comfortable.

My HK.45 is for the nightstand where the combination of heavy weight, bigger holes and lower likelihood of over penetration are compelling.

My 1911 CMD is a bit heavy but I have carried that a few times. I am looking into a S&W 686 + .357, 3 inch. I will see how that goes.
I doubt the 686 will be much, if any, lighter. And you can really pull the 1911 close to the body.
I have a 4" - 686. One of my favorite guns by far. It's pretty hefty.

But don't let me talk you out of a 686. Awesome gun.

ETA: Yeah. The Commander is just a little bit lighter. I checked

Last edited:
I doubt the 686 will be much, if any, lighter. And you can really pull the 1911 close to the body.
I have a 4" - 686. One of my favorite guns by far. It's pretty hefty.

But don't let me talk you out of a 686. Awesome gun.
I regret selling my 686 and 65 2.5 years ago. I was doing the one in, one out policy. For all you new gun owners just bite the bullet and keep every gun you buy or you will have sellers remorse.

Would that be considered a barbeque gun?
Whenever someone says BBQ gun, I immediately think of this... Pure class.

1634075633640.png

Update to the S&W 686+ (7 rounds) 357 Mag 3"brl. It is a bit larger that I thought it would be. I have a model 19 (6" brl) which is a K frame, I believe. The 686 is on a L frame and a bit heftier and taller. However, in my hand the fit and feel is excellent . . . and employing a band type holster from 2A4LIFE worn in a shoulder holster position makes it very concealable. The Band Holster holds the large framed revolver tight to my body yet the gun is very accessible.

I know this is off topic from the OP's Question of whether carrying a 9mm or .45, I would say with my NEW EDC it is closer to 9mm (= to .38) and with 2 speed loaders I have 21 rounds total.

Back
Top Bottom