Mass Guys: 2 Day Carbine Class July 23-24. Yes or No?

Yes. Somewhere in Mass.

-Two day basic carbine (M4, etc).

-Instructor we are trying to line up: Jason Falla of Redback One. Tip of the spear background. Jason is scheduled to teach a class in Long Island, New York following Monday/Tuesday. I cannot definitively speak for Jason about committing to the date - so think of this as very preliminary. I can say his carbine classes are getting rave reviews. The LAV is prolly gonna kill me for saying this, but I quote: "I've heard good things about Jason Falla."

- Guys, I need your help in getting a range to host it. I've had one LEO suggest a range, haven't inquired about it yet.

-Need at least 16 guys to fill the class (shouldn't be a problem once we get the ball rolling).

-About $450 for two days.

-800 rounds.

-I will be glad to do whatever legwork and be general purpose range bitch/RO if there is interest in this class. I have no financial interest in this at all ... just trying to get QUALITY TRAINING in this region. We all need to be well-regulated, right?

Thoughts?

Click Here For AAR of 2010 Long Island, NY Class

Jason is a veteran of the Australian Army Special Forces community with 6 years experience in the Commando Regiment and a further 6 years in the Special Air Service Regiment (SASR). During his service at SASR Jason was an SME of roping, climbing, mountain warfare, vehicle mounted mobility and water operations. Jason has extensive experience in counter terrorist operations, combat medicine, heavy weapons, counter terrorist driving, special reconnaissance and surveillance, CQB and hostage rescue. Jason deployed to the Middle East as part of GWOT and was actively engaged in offensive operations during OEF and OIF as well as many other theatres around the world. He was the team 2IC during his final year with the counter terrorist team.

Jason relocated to the United States in 2005 where he worked as a lead firearms and tactics instructor at Blackwater USA for 5 years. He quickly became highly regarded and well respected in the firearms industry and was known as one of the company’s top instructors. Jason left Blackwater in January 2010 to become the senior instructor and training advisor for Redback One. Jason's expertise and proficiency in CQB, urban warfare, military small arms, Land-Warfare and combat medicine makes him a highly sought-after instructor within the firearms industry and the U.S military. Jason is the co-host of two popular television shows: Tactical Arms and Tactical Impact along side Larry Vickers. Jason holds instructor certifications outside the military with the NRA and the H&K Training Division as a Pistol Instructor and Sub-Machine Gun Instructor, Safariland Less Lethal Impact Munitions Instructor. Jason is qualified in Advanced Explosive Entry and is a Basic Explosive Handler. Jason is a master class IDPA pistol shooter and master of the carbine.

Jason Falla (REDBACK ONE) 2-Day Basic Carbine

The 2-day basic carbine course is designed to provide the new shooter with a working understanding of firearms safety and the core skills to safely and proficiently operate a carbine. Students will gain valuable knowledge about the AR platform and ammunition selection for multiple applications as well as the limitations and capabilities of the carbine. Students will be challenged with techniques that will create a solid foundation of shooting fundamentals that will take each student to the next level.

This course will cover the following:

Safety Fundamentals
Nomenclature
Field Stripping & Assembly
Care & Maintenance
Fundamentals of Carbine Marksmanship
Fighting Mindset
Accessories & Gear Placement
5.56 mm Ballistics and Carbine Lethality
Zeroing the Carbine for tactical applications
Loading & Unloading Procedure
Marksmanship Skills
Ready Positions
Hold Overs & Barrel/Sight Relationship
Reloading in Tactical Situations & Under Stress
Carbine Malfunctions & Clearance Procedures
Engaging Multiple Targets
Recoil Management
Stress Courses

Last edited:
Got any more details? I can probably provide a range for a group that size provided we get more details. Who's teaching? Time frame is good, price is decent. What's going to be taught? Is it an intro/intermediate/advanced course?

Got any more details? I can probably provide a range for a group that size provided we get more details. Who's teaching? Time frame is good, price is decent. What's going to be taught? Is it an intro/intermediate/advanced course?

IM sent.

I could be interested pending these details.

As long as things wind up anything like what you describe (date/instructor/local range/price) then I am in. And I might be able to get 1-2 more if needed for the class to take place.

I'm sure we could probably host this at Harvard sportsman. I'm a member, I'll contact them and see what they say.

Yes, Pelham F&G is a fantastic facility. I don't want to step on their toes, for the time being, since they are hosting Kyle Lamb (Carbine 1.5) in June. They were very gracious last October by hosting a 2 day LAV class on fairly short notice. Would be nice to have a class for the Mass guys a little closer to home.

No go on HSC. The best chance for this happening is to get NEshooters/Mike N to host it at Pelham. It isn't that far from Mass.

interested.
Need more details. Would like to stay closer to MASS.
What would you need for facilities to host?

Bad news / good news.

Bad news ... looks like this is not happening in Mass.

Good news ... it could be taking place not too far from Mass (think southern New England). Mass guys, stay tuned if you don't feel like schlepping all the way to Ft. Bragg for a class.

-slut

Back
Top Bottom