• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Mass gun rights". Scam or legit

It is an anti-GOAL group with one of the principals being a former GOAL BOD member (someone I know fairly well).

They spoke at BR&P and were totally unimpressive. Some of what they said they were going to do was illegal (IRS tax rules).

They have a dream that they can change all the laws in MA with no compromising. It's a pipe dream.

They are not realists and no way I would associate myself with them. I don't think that they got much support from BR&P either.

These appear to be the same people pushing the issue of who will be the MA Republican Party Chair in support of Steve Aylward against the incumbent. I couldn't find info on either at GOAL and known nothing of Chris Pinto, President of Mass Gun Rights or the group itself. Anyone know any more than that they gave an unimpressive presentation?

These appear to be the same people pushing the issue of who will be the MA Republican Party Chair in support of Steve Aylward against the incumbent. I couldn't find info on either at GOAL and known nothing of Chris Pinto, President of Mass Gun Rights or the group itself. Anyone know any more than that they gave an unimpressive presentation?

Don't know anything about these guys, and as we already have GOAL, see no reason for another MA gun rights group. But they are right about Steve Aylward.

It is an anti-GOAL group with one of the principals being a former GOAL BOD member (someone I know fairly well).

They spoke at BR&P and were totally unimpressive. Some of what they said they were going to do was illegal (IRS tax rules).

They have a dream that they can change all the laws in MA with no compromising. It's a pipe dream.

They are not realists and no way I would associate myself with them. I don't think that they got much support from BR&P either.

So it's run by people from the deposed Yacino faction? [laugh]

-Mike

I ran into Chris over the weekend. He was unnecessarily loud when talking to other people, kept harping on the same talking points, had to be the center of attention in the room. Seems to have a limited repertoire. Wasn't overly impressed with his presence.

I ran into Chris over the weekend. He was unnecessarily loud when talking to other people, kept harping on the same talking points, had to be the center of attention in the room. Seems to have a limited repertoire. Wasn't overly impressed with his presence.

I've known Chris since elementary school. He's always been loud.

I don't agree with their no compromise position, but they're not just sitting around complaining that GOAL doesn't do enough. They're actually going something.

Last edited:

I don't know anything about them but at least they do appear to be a legitimate non-profit org: http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=001206384&SEARCH_TYPE=1

Here's an interview they did on NECN: http://www.necn.com/on-air/as-seen-on/NECN_080416_takeguns_6pm_NECN-389245711.html

It was the Chris and Lynne Roberts show at BR&P. They are the two principal parties (although I found no names listed on their website). Lynne was a former GOAL BOD member under the old regime. I've seen some of her "management skills" up close at BR&P and to say that I'm not impressed would be an understatement. I'll say that she's still a good person, just lacks the knowledge and ability to run a well oiled organization.

Some of the things that both of them said that this group would do would (if IRS found out) end their non-profit status. That status comes with "conditions" about what an org can and can not do and maintain that status. It seems that they don't understand that.

So it's run by people from the deposed Yacino faction? [laugh]

-Mike

Yes, see above.

I've known Chris since elementary school. He's always been loud.

I don't agree with their no compromise position, but they're not just sitting around complaining that GOAL doesn't do enough. They're actually going something.

They have a small repertoire of talking points, but I don't see any organizational ability to accomplish anything. The "doing something" seems all talk. They were formed after the 2014 law, complaining that the 2014 law was a screw job to MA gun owners and GOAL should have stomped their feet and said NO to the entire thing because we didn't get everything we wanted.

I don't always agree with GOAL or Jim Wallace, but they understand the possible from the impossible. The above group thinks that they can march in the state house and overturn all our oppressive laws because they say so. It's a Don Quixote group I'm afraid and if we divide our efforts we are likely to hurt what GOAL is trying to accomplish (and may stand a chance of accomplishing) in the process.

An analogy here:

NH was about to pass Constitutional Carry a few years ago. NH has 3 pro-gun groups that don't get along together. It is my understanding that the legislative leadership didn't go forward with Constitutional Carry due to the confusion created by each group lobbying them for some differences from the other groups. They told the groups to get their act together and come back to the legislature. Chris Pinto has the ability to create the same confusion in MA as was done in NH and the results here could be devastating.

Lynne was a former GOAL BOD member under the old regime.

I knew I recognized that name from somewhere. Yeah, I won't be supporting this group. GOAL actually does stuff to make bad law better (or at least they try.) The recently announced action that GOAL is a party to is proof of that.

Plus the NECN interview that I linked to above was pretty underwhelming.

Ive talked with Pinto a few times on the train coming home from work. Is he loud? Sure.

Is he one of us and on our side? absolutely!

I don't doubt that for a second and Lynne is as well.

But when you form/manage an organization, you MUST have management skills for the task to make it work. You also have to understand the political process and the "what's possible" thru that process rather than going off tilting at windmills. Sadly they both lack those skills as evidenced by what I saw/heard when they spoke at BR&P and what I've read of their literature and website.

GOAL/Jim understand the "possible" vs. "wishful thinking" and is thus much more effective for our cause.

Now they're pushing a "Stop Maura Healey" petition, probably trying to build a mailing list so they can ask for donations. Be wary.

Last edited:
Since the MA republican party seems to only be interested in having overpriced snobby champagne gatherings so they can sniff their own smugness over recruiting and preparing qualified candidates that regime change would be welcome. Monkeys could do a better job running decent, or even indecent, candidates. Huge turds like Jim McGovern that spent more time in Cuba than he did in his district for the last 6 years hasn't had a real challenge. That is a disgrace. There should be a huge anti Hiawatha campaign going on and a lot of name dropping and showcasing a serious challenger for the senate seat but all we're getting is crickets.

... legislative leadership didn't go forward with Constitutional Carry due to the confusion created by each group lobbying them for some differences from the other groups. They told the groups to get their act together and come back to the legislature. Chris Pinto has the ability to create the same confusion in MA as was done in NH and the results here could be devastating.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this could also work in a positive way. Having someone else to direct attention to or against, this makes GOAL seem like someone decent in comparison.

Ive talked with Pinto a few times on the train coming home from work. Is he loud? Sure.

Is he one of us and on our side? absolutely!

Yup. He used to call in to Jordan Levy's radio show a lot, too.

As I mentioned elsewhere, this could also work in a positive way. Having someone else to direct attention to or against, this makes GOAL seem like someone decent in comparison.

Seem like someone decent? Dude.

NOT something that we need. Result would be divide and conquer and we'd be the conquered.

No, this group will be trotted out as the extremists to smear all gun owners. Just like how the media loves to use David Duke.

Back
Top Bottom