• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Gun Laws in Action

KMaurer

NES Member
There's an article in The Lowell Sun, blowing the whistle on the complete lack of accountability in the handling of confiscated guns, with both EOPS and our old friend Peter Dowd coming across as either less than honest or competent. Side note: Rep Paul Casey either had a little bout of disphasia during the interview or is unfamiliar with the word "tertiary".

Ken

Another shining moment by the Beacon Hill aces that wrote
Chapter 180.

KMaurer said:
There's an article in The Lowell Sun, blowing the whistle on the complete lack of accountability in the handling of confiscated guns, with both EOPS and our old friend Peter Dowd coming across as either less than honest or competent. Side note: Rep Paul Casey either had a little bout of disphasia during the interview or is unfamiliar with the word "tertiary".

Ken

Even fixing his dysphasia, I don't know what the hell he
means by "secondary or tertiary guns" ?????

"If we haven't been able to monitor where secondary or
third guns go, there's a problem," said Rep. Paul Casey, D-
Winchester. "

IIRC Casey was once a LEO and believes that only LE should have guns. I once rode the elevator up from Gardner Auditorium (anti-gun hearings) with him . . . it was a waste of oxygen to try talking with him.

He's not happy because the guns confiscated end up back "in circulation" again. His desire for Ch. 180 was that they would all eventually get destroyed by MSP. However, once the bonded warehouse gets the guns, the PD loses control of them and no longer can send them to MSP for destruction.

He must have trouble sleeping nights now, but that monster was one of his creation.

If you read the article very carefully you'll note the following:

- Ron Glidden's "resignation" that the various Secs of Public Safety have refused to implement rules to make things clearer or add accountability. Thus they have "neutered" his GCAB! I sense his frustration over the past few years each time I talk or Email him.

- EOPS attorney states that "nobody can make us" enforce the laws or write/accept regulations to make things clearer. It's with great pride that EOPS has thrown a monkey wrench into the works for accountability.

Back
Top Bottom