Mass Green card

I believe the only two restrictions they have are that and MPTC for folks that train the police and whatnot.

Well, the way I read it, a "restriction" is something I can't do. If it said "restricted to", that would be different. I also think that they don't issue enough of these to figure it out. I had one renewal issued for ALP and the state kicked it back. My COP just issued another and said to just keep them both. This was before MIRCS and I think it said "reason for issue" at the time. Jack.

Well, the way I read it, a "restriction" is something I can't do. If it said "restricted to", that would be different. I also think that they don't issue enough of these to figure it out. I had one renewal issued for ALP and the state kicked it back. My COP just issued another and said to just keep them both. This was before MIRCS and I think it said "reason for issue" at the time. Jack.

With Mass to figure out what you can't do you would need to find the definition of the restriction. I posted some definitions in the laws section a while ago that I received when I got my LTC. It may or may not apply to yours since the licensing authority can basically make up whatever definition they want.

Mine says: Restrictions COLLECTOR. This would mean that I am restricted from collecting. What does yours say? Jack.

Mine reads the same as yours. The problem is the application asks "reason for requesting issuance of license" and the current license lists restrictions. The former license format had a box for "reason for issuing license" so the application info carried over without confusion. According to my COP a Class E can be issued for two reasons, collector and/or instructor.

yeah mine reads "collector" as well and the way I understand it is that is the reason we are issued the license. To be a collector.

Rob

rs. The problem is the application asks "reason for requesting issuance of license" and the current license lists restrictions. The former license format had a box for "reason for issuing license" so the application info carried over without confusion.
The LTC A/B/FID/Restricted FID all use the same template. In the case of the green card, the "restrictions" are statutory, whereas in the case of an LTC-A, the statutes refer to the restrictions on the license.

The statutes provide only two reasons for issuance of a green card: LEO trainer and Collector.

The reason the word "Restriction" rather than "Reason for issuance" appears on the green card is GOAL's ill-fated attempt to "clarify what a reason for issuance means" (with the result being that the state changed the license template to remove the possibility of any ambiguity that could be interpreted in favor of the applicant).

According to my COP a Class E can be issued for two reasons, collector and/or instructor.

This is correct, however, it's actually "LEO Instructor" so you can forget about setting up a private machine gun school and using it as your reason :) :)

Back
Top Bottom