• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass. Gov. Patrick outlines new gun control bill

Didn't this one gun a month nonsense get voted down last year? Does anyone remember? How slim was the margin? This goes a lot farther. Either way it has to be fought, but if the same bill but now on steroids got voted down last year, I would hope that some of the folks that voted it down do so again.

It died in a committee and never made it to a vote because the session ended. But it was only the one gun a month bill.

In addition to the usual phone calls and emails that are largely ignored, we may also want to consider flooding Representative's facebook and social media pages, as other people may see it too.

What is a replica of a firearm? The TSA considers miniature jewelry shaped like firearms 'replicas'. Would drawing a firearm on paper in school be a replica? Would pointing your finger and yelling 'bang' be a replica?

I was actually listening to WAAF this morning and several parents called in about their children be suspended and disciplined in schools for playing cops and robbers at recess and making a finger gun. One school district was saugus and forget the other.

They are feeding off the emotions of the people who are indecisive on gun issues and using that to attempt to sway their opinions to achieve their anti-gun agendas. I just hope to god we can stop it...

In addition to the usual phone calls and emails that are largely ignored, we may also want to consider flooding Representative's facebook and social media pages, as other people may see it too.

unless they start deleting messages, FB is shit, another plan?

I was actually listening to WAAF this morning and several parents called in about their children be suspended and disciplined in schools for playing cops and robbers at recess and making a finger gun. One school district was saugus and forget the other.

Can't wait till my son gets older. I've got my legal defense fund building already.

Bill also requires gun show promoters to register each show and pay 500 bucks. Also need to provide dealers lic numbers. Promoter also required to provide Internet access...for NICS checks.

Looking forward to paying $15 per show....

There won't be any shows in MA to go to. What the **** are they going to even sell here if this goes through?

every single person in the legislature is a Democrat with aspirations. How can this NOT pass!?

We need to compile a list of commitee members once it gets there and hammer the shit out of them. We need to try and figure out who is pro-gun and who are the blue fence sitters and bombard them with calls/emails/letters. Hopefully GOAL will help us with this info.

We need to be contacting ALOT more people than our local Senators and Congressmen.

I realize this, but you can at least try to play it against them. Keep spamming them and calling them out on deleting the messages. Other people "might" see it. No one ever sees the emails or phone calls.

unless they start deleting messages, FB is shit, another plan?

I realize this, but you can at least try to play it against them. Keep spamming them and calling them out on deleting the messages. Other people "might" see it. No one ever sees the emails or phone calls.

gotcha, can you get a list of a**h***s and their FB pages? May be start a thread with this most useful info ... I got time tomorrow, just so all the info remains on top of the thread for others to see, we can coordinate efforts from that thread.

Posting people's addresses is not cool. We need unified political opposition, not to resort to harassment.

The Time for compromise and courtesy is over. Everyone had their chance and failed miserably. We need to change the game plan, starting with playing the game as dirty as they do.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

This might sound stupid.....but I tried FB and with in a hour I wad bombarded with stuff I hadcno idea what it was. I couldn't figure out who was posting go who and who was friends with who.

Can some one post how to use FB to our adavantage.....simple way?

Is this the prohibited person A term exceeding one year. That's any crime.

(p) Whoever, having been previously convicted in any court of this or another state or the United States or a military, territorial or Indian tribal authority, of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year, knowingly possesses or knowingly has under control in a vehicle, a firearm, large capacity weapon, rifle, shotgun, sawed-off shotgun, machine gun, assault weapon or ammunition as defined in section 121 of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 10 years or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than 2½ years. Prosecutions commenced under this subsection shall not be suspended, continued without a finding or placed on file. A sentence imposed under this subsection shall begin from and after the expiration of any sentence imposed under section 10(a), 10(c), 10(d), 10(h), 10(m), 10(n) or 10E arising out of the same incident.

This whole section confuses me. Are they changing what would make someone a "prohibited person" as far as Ma. is concerned?

i have carried for 28 years. fortunately in all this time i have never drawn my gun. i will not pay fat cat insurance company's to retain my rights under the constitution. insurance company's exist to take our hard earned money and then say no to us, this is an infringement of my right and i will not tolerate it. maybe i should take my boat out for a spin.

Last edited:
I sent the following to my representative (Farley-Bouvier) and senator (Downing).

(Representative/Senator)

I am a constituent of yours living in Pittsfield.

I am writing you today to urge you to OPPOSE any new gun control bills such as the one filed yesterday by Governor Patrick, or ones being considered by Representative Linsky, or any others that may yet arise. Massachusetts already has some of the most strict gun control laws in the nation. We do not need any more laws. Gun control would not have prevented the tragedy in Newtown, and I find it reprehensible that anyone would choose to exploit the deaths of those children to further disenfranchise law abiding citizens.

Please look instead towards our mental health systems, and do so in a way that is respectful of our natural rights that are guaranteed by the US Constitution. Some of the changes being proposed by Governor Patrick will not help the situation. If this bill were to become law, even fewer lawful gun owners would seek help should they become mentally ill for fear of permanently losing their second amendment rights.

The tragedy of Newtown will haunt us all forever, and I cannot fathom the personal hell that the parents of those children must be going through. Please do not dishonor their memory by voting to take away our civil rights in a feel-good measure that will do nothing to discourage the real criminals.

Thank you.

Smart move by Deval putting this out there with some new tax plan that will draw the ire of 10 times as many Mass citizens as any gun law change ever would.

Miserable prick

Smart move by Deval putting this out there with some new tax plan that will draw the ire of 10 times as many Mass citizens as any gun law change ever would.

Miserable prick

He's not miserable whatsoever. He is a smug ****face that needs an anthrax enema. Best part of NES is they think some of us are joking and when push comes to shove, they back down. I'm sick of it. I'm wide awake at 2am sick to my stomach not only with this flu but with the raping our country endured today. You can take this any way you want, and I'm not looking for rep points. We need to stop quarreling against each other on here and fight for this liberty. Ugh, what a day. It wasn't written in blood and we can stop this crap. PM me if you need help with the resistance or have questions. If you aren't for the rally on Saturday there are other options! Good luck to us all, and in conclusion, choke on dicks Devil.

Sent from my POS iPhone

So, MA and NY's plan to avoid the blatantly unconstitutional taking of property here is to force the sale?

Not only does this fail to remedy the violation of the constitution, it now dumps untold masses of magazines on the market.

So instead of living safely in the hands of law abiding gun owners, they want to increase the flow/sales of magazines.

Clearly the decriminalization of pot has hit the governor's office.

Contact your rep early and often if they support this nonsense and make them explain as often as it requires how punishing law abiding gun owners will solve anything? Didn't clear it up today? Guess we will have to call back tomorrow and try it again?

Having experienced the phenomena of thousands and tens of thousands of gun owners writing their reps begging that they oppose a gun control bill, just to see the efforts fall on deaf ears (CA ammo ban passed--though later struck down--by a Democrat super majority)...you may want to consider a more strongly worded response than you would normally send:

Write your reps and tell them you will NOT COMPLY. Their actions are forcing you into exercising civil disobedience. Tell them that they need to seriously consider the implications of passing a bill which criminalizes hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens overnight, and ask them if they completely understand the consequences of their actions.

Let them know you are PISSED OFF and enough is enough.

Another idea: Google the Texas "Come and take it" flag, order a bumper sticker and send it in with a letter that says "I am a law abiding citizen and I am your constituent. Represent me."

SECTION 24. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by striking out, in line 3, the word “1994.” and inserting in place thereof the following words:- 1994; or (ii) a large capacity feeding device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; or (iii) a large capacity feeding device that such person lawfully possessed before the effective date of this act that has a capacity of, or that can readily be restored or converted to accept, more than seven but no more than ten rounds of ammunition, where such device contains more than seven rounds of ammunition.”

Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

Not sure why we have to get rid of our 10 round mags after a year because it says above that anything that can hold over 10 is no good. Can someone school me on this? And I understanding this wrong?

Sorry for the double post, i wanted to be sure that people see this. My rep gave me some powerful insight on what needs to happen in order for action to be taken.

Write to your reps AND call them. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with my rep and i feel very satisfied with his point of view on the subject. The fact is, there are a large number of democrats in this state that agree with the second amendment and do not want to see it butchered, but these reps have to react based on what their constituents want done. Please call and write your reps and tell them that you do not want to be punished for something that a criminal did.

Back
Top Bottom