• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass GOP Convention

Baker is as exciting as watching molasses go up hill! Fisher got screwed! He is not part of the gop establishment plain and simple! Vote for Baker and then find out what he stands for. What a joke!!!!!!!

I guess you didn't understand my post :/
I never said I support Baker ! I said he is the LESSER OF 2 EVILS ! Lesser of 2 evils is all we're going to get in this state !
Baker is a POS but if it's a choice between him and Coakley , I'll vote for him .
What should we do ? What are you going to do ? Stay home / not vote and let the wacko liberal democrat hacks win every time .
If you don't vote you have no right to complain ! If you don't vote you are part of the problem .
Enjoy your shit sandwich if/when Coakley wins .
BTW , I'd rather have Romney than Patrick . Wouldn't you ??????

So let me ask you this... Do you feel like you are still in the land of the free when you are only allowed to vote between candidates who wish to infringe on your rights and they squash out the little guy who stands for something. Going along with this is not going to help any of us short or long term.

Part of the problem is the people have been conditioned to vote for who they dislike the least and not who actually stands for something. Personally I have a position in my RCC. I was helping push Mark along as much as I could while my friend Dan Allie is battling in the special election for state rep. So yes I do vote, I was an organizer for the 4/19 West Springfield Rally last year, I meet with chiefs and other LEOs, I do stand outs and utilize our protect our children and the second amendment banner, do door to door, get nomination papers signed, get push cards and citizens petitions out to ranges and shops. I'm sure I missed some but I'm sure you get the idea. The point is that no one should be willing to knowingly accept a traitor who campaigns on violating the rights of another. Hey if a D wants to run based off hand outs then so be it BUT as soon as they utilize infringing on anothers rights they should be called out on it and it should not be tolerated. The same goes for the other side of the aisle and Baker needs to be called out for it and he should not be patronized for his anti constitution views and should be DQ from even running based off that alone. When it comes to what I will come election day I will with out question be out there with signs for at least Dan. When I step in to the booth I will most likely write in Fisher. What I can tell you I will not do with out question is fill in next to Baker, Marsha or any other demorat. I will not provide validity to the shit that the two major parties have created and continue to cram down our throats.

If anything I would rather see Marsha in there rather than Baker. Why you ask? Because we know she sucks and is exactly the POS that she makes her self out to be. Baker on the other hand is a polished turd. Letting this states demise fall on both parties because Baker can't stand for anything will not help the GOP. Romney taxed the ever living **** out of us (Oops I mean fees). He brought us romneycare and bashed obamacare (same ****ing thing). Romney also is anti 2A and actively seeks to infringe so what was good about him and what did he do to help the citizens of Mass? What spending did he reign in? Did those fee increases work? What about the RMV fees that are going up again? He fed the beast in order to play. Instead as Fisher says and is true allow the demorats to own all the problems of this state. Allowing them to shift blame because you're seeking a 4 or 8 yr slow down of the decline isn't going to help much if any in the long run and may only hurt.

Am I wrong?

I'm not sure which planet your on?? Is Fisher going be on the ballot? Probably not. I'll write him in, but he's not going to win, and if enough Repubs write him in it'll just give Marsha a better win. How's that for ya?

Either way, we all eat shit, no matter what.....

So because I refuse to support a shit bag anti freedom, anti constitution GOP politician I am on another planet? It's better to write him in and actually stand for something then to validate the broken system. I'm fine with Marsha winning when it comes to someone like Baker. Let the rats own the problems and let's not muddy the waters. Look at what people in CT did with the registration.... they said enough is enough. Everyone is too scared to do that when it comes time to voting and they play the game that's already rigged against them. Imagine if all these people who settle for the lesser of two evils said **** it and refused to validate the flawed system. Then it could open up the voter fraud abuse etc. But going along with the ride is not helping at this point.

My father-in-law is a delegate. The whole thing is a sham perpetrated by the most RINO people you can imagine, the ones who run the Mass GOP, the same people who brought you permanent democrat control of the commonwealth. Eff them all.

So let me ask you this... Do you feel like you are still in the land of the free when you are only allowed to vote between candidates who wish to infringe on your rights and they squash out the little guy who stands for something. Going along with this is not going to help any of us short or long term.

Part of the problem is the people have been conditioned to vote for who they dislike the least and not who actually stands for something. Personally I have a position in my RCC. I was helping push Mark along as much as I could while my friend Dan Allie is battling in the special election for state rep. So yes I do vote, I was an organizer for the 4/19 West Springfield Rally last year, I meet with chiefs and other LEOs, I do stand outs and utilize our protect our children and the second amendment banner, do door to door, get nomination papers signed, get push cards and citizens petitions out to ranges and shops. I'm sure I missed some but I'm sure you get the idea. The point is that no one should be willing to knowingly accept a traitor who campaigns on violating the rights of another. Hey if a D wants to run based off hand outs then so be it BUT as soon as they utilize infringing on anothers rights they should be called out on it and it should not be tolerated. The same goes for the other side of the aisle and Baker needs to be called out for it and he should not be patronized for his anti constitution views and should be DQ from even running based off that alone. When it comes to what I will come election day I will with out question be out there with signs for at least Dan. When I step in to the booth I will most likely write in Fisher. What I can tell you I will not do with out question is fill in next to Baker, Marsha or any other demorat. I will not provide validity to the shit that the two major parties have created and continue to cram down our throats.

If anything I would rather see Marsha in there rather than Baker. Why you ask? Because we know she sucks and is exactly the POS that she makes her self out to be. Baker on the other hand is a polished turd. Letting this states demise fall on both parties because Baker can't stand for anything will not help the GOP. Romney taxed the ever living **** out of us (Oops I mean fees). He brought us romneycare and bashed obamacare (same ****ing thing). Romney also is anti 2A and actively seeks to infringe so what was good about him and what did he do to help the citizens of Mass? What spending did he reign in? Did those fee increases work? What about the RMV fees that are going up again? He fed the beast in order to play. Instead as Fisher says and is true allow the demorats to own all the problems of this state. Allowing them to shift blame because you're seeking a 4 or 8 yr slow down of the decline isn't going to help much if any in the long run and may only hurt.

Am I wrong?

So because I refuse to support a shit bag anti freedom, anti constitution GOP politician I am on another planet? It's better to write him in and actually stand for something then to validate the broken system. I'm fine with Marsha winning when it comes to someone like Baker. Let the rats own the problems and let's not muddy the waters. Look at what people in CT did with the registration.... they said enough is enough. Everyone is too scared to do that when it comes time to voting and they play the game that's already rigged against them. Imagine if all these people who settle for the lesser of two evils said **** it and refused to validate the flawed system. Then it could open up the voter fraud abuse etc. But going along with the ride is not helping at this point.

Not what i meant. I understand you not voting for Baker. Nor will I. But we are all going to enjoy a shit sandwich was my point....no matter how you vote.

I certainly understand voting on principle...and we are on the same page because im not voting for Baker either. The system is broken at this point and there is no one i feel that will represent me on the ballot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The theme of this thread is exactly what is killing the republicans. It's the fight between the 'hard-liners' and those who offer what they think is a marginal improvement over the left. (that is my opinion, not a judgment.) the problem is that the tea party conservatives don't offer a robust set of solutions either, IMHO( particularly in the realm of foreign policy, which cannot be ignored, as we have seen recently).

I am not a Republican. I have never enrolled. This leaves me free to be disgusted with all candidates, and it makes voting hard.

My confusion on this issue, particularly so in MA, is that the people running as Republicans in MA don't even tow the ostensible party line wrt principles. Meanwhile, when the left does have a primary, it offers a ridiculously progressive person and a 'moderate', and typically elects the progressive after arguing that the moderate has sold the party out by limiting giveaways.

I tend towards libertarian/radical conservatism, so my views have a few contradictions themselves, but I really do find it hard to see as legitimate a Republican candidate who is only slightly less bad than the progressive candidate.

Last edited:
Not what i meant. I understand you not voting for Baker. Nor will I. But we are all going to enjoy a shit sandwich was my point....no matter how you vote.

I certainly understand voting on principle...and we are on the same page because im not voting for Baker either. The system is broken at this point and there is no one i feel that will represent me on the ballot

I push back as hard as possible , as often as possible. My biggest suck with this state right now is vehicle related and property taxes. As you weed out the areas they can bother you it gets better. Soon enough my vehicles will be in a FL trust and until I can move south it'll be the best thing I can do to avoid excise, front plates, inspections and all the other crap that comes with this state. So in short I'll take my nibble and give as much of the shit as possible back to the state. With Marsha or Baker there will pretty much be the same problems but people this campaign bs will make a difference (oh wait he's campaigning against our rights.)

The theme of this thread is exactly what is killing the republicans. It's the fight between the 'hard-liners' and those who offer what they think is a marginal improvement over the left. (that is my opinion, not a judgment.) the problem is that the tea party conservatives don't offer a robust set of solutions either, IMHO( particularly in the realm of foreign policy, which cannot be ignored, as we have seen recently).

I am not a Republican. I have never enrolled. This leaves me free to be disgusted with all candidates, and it makes voting hard.

My confusion on this issue, particularly so in MA, is that the people running as Republicans in MA don't even tow the ostensible party line wrt principles. Meanwhile, when the left does have a primary, it offers a ridiculously progressive person and a 'moderate', and typically elects the progressive after arguing that the moderate has sold the party out by limiting giveaways.

I tend towards libertarian/radical conservatism, so my views have a few contradictions themselves, but I really do find it hard to see as legitimate a Republican candidate who is only slightly less bad than the progressive candidate.

The theme is we are tired of rights infringing politicians. Since all mass has is rinos to offer that seek the same infringements we have the same issues with them as demorats. The tea party tends to follow the original GOP platform. The only issues I have there are the fact they still stick their nose in to the peoples business (think gays and bedroom issues). Yes they do it but dramatically less infringing then the others.

Your last paragraph is why so many of us are so pissed off because the republ doesn't even come close to representing those who wish to be represented.

The big thing is there will never be a perfect candidate for any of us BUT those that seek nomination based off vowing to violate the constitution need to be stopped. If that means massive losses for the GOP then so be it. Shit needs to hit rock bottom and they need to be defended as the only language they speak is money and power.

For those bashing Baker, from what are you basing your claims that he's a RINO? I'm not supporting him, just an honest question. I haven't seen or heard anything from him to have any opinions.

With that being said, I understand those that are frustrated with the current bullshit system. But one thing I know for sure is that we CANNOT tolerate 4+ years of Marsha as gov..

For those bashing Baker, from what are you basing your claims that he's a RINO? I'm not supporting him, just an honest question. I haven't seen or heard anything from him to have any opinions.

With that being said, I understand those that are frustrated with the current bullshit system. But one thing I know for sure is that we CANNOT tolerate 4+ years of Marsha as gov..

Read his platform.

Let's step away from NES for a minute and pretend you are a 'moderate', whatever that means in MA. You are trying to decide between Coakley and Baker. Both favor gay marriage. Both favor abortion rights. Both favor the AWB. Both talk about fiscal responsibility, but don't get into any details that would allow me to differentiate between them.

How do I decide which to vote for assuming I am not a single issue voter? How do I decide which to vote for if I am? The joke here is that both candidates will put forth this huge political theater to make you think there is a chasm between them, and Martha, you can be sure, will paint Baker as against women's rights if he says he is against post-natal abortion, but in reality you get little difference regardless of who is in office.

If you are inclined to hold your nose and vote for baker, you have to be hoping he will focus on running the state, rather than chasing his agendas around, which is what you will probably get from Coakley. I don't know jack about baker, but the reps usually do a better job actually running the state, which is the only reason the imbeciles voting in this state elect them - and then vote against them when they run for president.

I was also at the convention. Besides being a total CF from an organizatiional point of view, the status quo country club republicans made damn sure that no one besides those that go along to get along would be seen or heard. I know of one particular strong 2A supporter who has waged war against the do nothings on the republican side as much as she has battled the Patrick admin on EBT, DCF, stand your ground, and mandatory minimum sentences for child rapists who was silenced and cast aside. There is a handful of Republicans who actually do care about liberty, the taxpayer, the 2nd A, and doing what is right for the avg person. Not one of them was on stage at that event. The state GOP went out of their way to destroy and belittle the ones who are fighting for the Constitution.

454MAG - Completely agree.

This is why Frank Addivinola was not allowed to speak - even though folks tried to nominate him. It was declared "parliamentary errors" were made and he was effectively silenced by the GOP. Brian Herr, who has bashed 2A, was their choice and anyone else that stood for Liberty and limited government was not going to be heard. Garbage.

Both Fisher and Baker were actively recruiting delegates.

Which they are supposed to do. what I'm saying is that the higher ups in the Mass GOP were also pushing delegates to vote for Baker. They didn't sit back and allow the candidates to do the work, they were working for Baker as well. That's not right.

My friend said that he wanted to vote for Fisher because he liked his message but voted for Baker because he was coerced into it. He had to publicly announce who he was voting for and was nervous about voting for Fisher in fear of backlash from the Mass GOP. That's not how the system is supposed to work.

This whole thread confirms what I have come to suspect. The GOP, both in Massachusetts and nationally, is a big piece of shit and not worth my loyalty or attention. They are not an alternative to the Democrats. That is the big lie. They don't, in reality, give a crap about small government, the Constitution, civil liberties (including but not limited to the 2A) or government of the people, by the people and for the people or anything else I believe in. Eff them. Eff the lame system they cling to. Eff the rules they play by. Say it loud. Say it proud. Say it often.

We have to tolerate Marsha. With the current system thats what we will get.
Let it ****ing burn and the democrats and RINOs with it.

Plan to move and enjoy the fire from afar.

Which they are supposed to do. what I'm saying is that the higher ups in the Mass GOP were also pushing delegates to vote for Baker. They didn't sit back and allow the candidates to do the work, they were working for Baker as well. That's not right.
FWIW I am Unerolled, but I am working for a Republican Stat Rep. campaign.
As an outsider looking in, I have noticed the following.
Mass GoP is split into 2 factions.
Massvictory (Mass GoPs PAC)
and The Coalition for Marriage and Equality

Mass Victory wants to get more Republicans elected.
The Coalition wants to get more social conservatives elected.

They are both wrestling for control. They both have an agenda.

Unfortunately, good candidates are getting screwed because of the in-fighting. Conversely, shitty candidates are being put forth out of spite.

The reality is this. If Republicans are to win, they MUST win over unenrolled voters.

Back
Top Bottom