• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Firearms School’s $60,000 gun buy

I have shot the KRISS a couple of times now. It is really a great gun. I am amazed how accurate it is. Not sure if that is due to the low recoil or something else but the rifle seems to shoot very straight.

Seriously... Opening in Southern New Hampshire would be great. I'm a member of MFL, and while it's "a pretty good place to shoot" there are a number of disadvantages to shooting there as well in my view. While I haven't gone out and personally checked the market, I'd guess there's lots of inexpensive space in Nashua, Merrimack, and Manchester. Nashua's only about an hour from Holliston (55 miles or so), so it'd definitely work-out in terms of logistics. AND you have an outlet for those guns you can't sell in MA.

Not counting Sig Academy -- which is very much its own thing, really -- there's no well-organized professional firearms training offered in Southern New Hampshire. Sure, there are a few other places where you can catch a random class. But that's what they are: "Random classes" taught by some guy who has an NRA Instructor cert. Not terrible, but not extensive either.

If it sounds like I'm trying to convince you, it's because I am. [grin]

Mass Firearms School only allows shooters with a Mass firearms license to shoot unsupervised on the range. By unsupervised we mean they do not have to have an instructor or licensed individual standing next to them.

At MFS we do not believe a person needs to have a firearms license to be a safe shooter. The fact is Massachusetts licensing requirements are, in the owner’s opinion, unconstitutional.

However, it is our desire to make MFS an exclusive indoor shooting range for the benefit of our members. Requiring a shooter to be licensed helps us maintain a cliental of serious and safe shooters.

Would it be okay for someone that's waiting on their LTC to process to shoot, or would they still need an instructor? for example someone having the certificate from the safety class and evidence of a submitted application. I'll definitely be signing up once I have my LTC in hand, just wondering if I can put a potential first buy or two through its paces solo or if I'd need an instructor present.

On another note, how long is a class good for before it "expires" in using it for the application. I'd ask the local gendarmes, but I live in one of the scarlet towns on the north shore.

Would it be okay for someone that's waiting on their LTC to process to shoot, or would they still need an instructor? for example someone having the certificate from the safety class and evidence of a submitted application. I'll definitely be signing up once I have my LTC in hand, just wondering if I can put a potential first buy or two through its paces solo or if I'd need an instructor present.

On another note, how long is a class good for before it "expires" in using it for the application. I'd ask the local gendarmes, but I live in one of the scarlet towns on the north shore.

You would not be able to shoot unsupervised until you get your license. However, members can take advantage of $39 range sessions with one of our instructors. With these sessions you get free access to all our guns. Our ammo prices, in many cases, beat Walmart. These sessions are available the moment you purchase a membership (your membership year does not begin until you come with your license).

Police departments vary on how long they will accept a class certificate (some 6 months…some 1 year…some longer). We offer free re-certification classes for our students.

You would not be able to shoot unsupervised until you get your license. However, members can take advantage of $39 range sessions with one of our instructors. With these sessions you get free access to all our guns. Our ammo prices, in many cases, beat Walmart. These sessions are available the moment you purchase a membership (your membership year does not begin until you come with your license).

Police departments vary on how long they will accept a class certificate (some 6 months…some 1 year…some longer). We offer free re-certification classes for our students.

Sounds good. As soon as I have some time off, I'll be sure to head over and check the new facility out.

I thought these two firearms would be high on the "cool" factor:

mac.jpg

MASTERPIECE ARMS 9mm Mini Pistol

uzi.jpg

UMAREX ARMS, Uzi Rifle, .22lr

We ordered them today...they should be in next week. I will post when they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom