• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Firearms Holliston MA

Hey there everyone. Newbie here so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Mass Firearms. I took my LTC class there and it seems like a really great place. Since I live in Newton, my options are decently limited from what I've seen but this store looks good. I'd be really glad to hear about what other people thought though.

Welcome to the forum Andrew.

MFS is a nice place to shoot. If you're a member they have plenty of firearms for you to try. I've brought a couple of guns from their store...the prices were OK.

I am pretty sure more will chime in...no lack of opinions here.

Safety shooting!

Range is really nice.

Good selection of guns/ammo

Some of the staff are a little arrogant.

Need to reserves a lane, especially in the winter and on weekends.

It's good. I go there now and then.

Only issue is that it's a public range.. As such you get a lot of new shooters and some groups of people that are not as good at gun handling as I would like to be around.

But, no real FUDD rules which is nice!

Oh... And one more thing no rifle calibers.

I mean, I can't complain about the new shooters since I'm a newbie myself. That said, I do understand that a lot of newbies tend to ignore safety in the interest of "looking cool". And the lack of rifle range kind of bugged me too but I figure I'm gonna be buying mostly for Home Defense and range shooting so not having a .30-30 might not be that bad. I might look into Four Seasons as a shop and MFS as my range.

May be a little farther out, but Pullman has been a big supporter fighting Maura Healey and has a great rep among people here.

Pullman might be an option just because they actually have the R1 1911 in stock. That's my ideal 1st gun so them having it is a major plus.

Best thing about MFS is that you can rent guns for free as a member. Lots of choices - rifles, pistols, shotguns, revolvers... just no rifle caliber and shotgun is 00 buck only.

Can be a mad house on Saturdays and Sundays, go during the weekdays and all is well.

check groupon for their 4 month membership for $50. Sometimes Groupon will also have 20% off discounts.. so a 4 month membership for $40 is well worth it if you go a few times and try a few guns each time..

There is another gun store in Holliston. Right in the Center of Holliston. Holliston Firearms. Mark Heavener is the owner. Great guy. A little hard to find but its a big White House across from the Mobil and the sign out front reads 'Mark Heavener FFL'

Looks like I've got more choices than I thought. I remember someone saying that the firearms business is one of the most consumer friendly in the world and it's looking more and more true.

check groupon for their 4 month membership for $50. Sometimes Groupon will also have 20% off discounts.. so a 4 month membership for $40 is well worth it if you go a few times and try a few guns each time..

Any idea how often they offer the 4 month membership deal? Just purchased my first handgun from them and the wallet is a hurtin. I would do $50 for 4 months in a heartbeat. They would probably make their money back on ammo sales anyway. ;)

Any idea how often they offer the 4 month membership deal? Just purchased my first handgun from them and the wallet is a hurtin. I would do $50 for 4 months in a heartbeat. They would probably make their money back on ammo sales anyway. ;)

no.. I don't.. you can use your own ammo in your own gun, but for any rentals, you must purchase ammo there. It's a great way to try a bunch of different guns. It's even better if you can get there on off-peak hours.

I'm a member, or well, I was. I didn't renew my membership yet. Some of the staff are a it self-centered and typical "Mall Ninja" like. The range is nice, but it is usually cold. They have overheard heaters, but they really just create hot spots where you can't stand.

The prices on Guns are mediocre. Never seen a real bargain, but not cheap either. For anything common, (shield for example), prices are higher.

I've had to wait a couple of times for a lane. But as a member you can bring a guest for free and it's inside so that's great for dates(haha).

Being where you're new, they have a lot of guns you can try for free, and that's a plus. That's the reason I initially joined, because I didn't know what I wanted to buy and I could try them all.

I just looked the store site over with my phone… Everything looks fine. What kind of hours are you getting?

I think something is wrong with my internet at work. MFS gives me this error - however many websites started giving this error including Wikipedia.
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
his site can’t be reached

www.massfirearmsshop.com unexpectedly closed the connection.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

20 posts and nobody gave the OP shit for buying a 1911 as his first handgun? NES is slipping.

Some of the staff are a it self-centered and typical "Mall Ninja" like.

? All I could say is that most seem a little more "formal" than I'm used to. Strictly business. You know, they're not there to joke around, that sort of thing. My guess is that Steven asks them to maintain a certain decorum, and at different times that may come off differently depending on what sort of reaction you were expecting.

The range is nice, but it is usually cold. They have overheard heaters, but they really just create hot spots where you can't stand.

Truth! But a cold range with hot spots in the winter is a well-ventilated range, which I'll take, along with jacket and gloves, over the alternative.

I went there twice as a non member. both times on a Monday morning around 11ish. place was dead .only one other person shooting. brought my own guns and ammo so just had to pay for the time . I really liked the place. nobody bothered me the entire time .

? All I could say is that most seem a little more "formal" than I'm used to. Strictly business. You know, they're not there to joke around, that sort of thing. My guess is that Steven asks them to maintain a certain decorum, and at different times that may come off differently depending on what sort of reaction you were expecting.

They're usually pretty professional, but also casual enough to not come off as robots. Never had an issue with them.

I'd take a hot/cold range any day over poor ventilation. Though I can't wait for them to open up a rifle range.

Lots of good placed around. If you want a shooting range MFS good and other I'm sure people mentioned. If you want a gun club...Maynard is not that far from Newton. Great bunch of people and I know there are great bunches everywhere. Limitations...rifle range is 100 yards. Plenty of trap and skeet...indoor pistol and outdoor pistol ranges.. Paintball....Archery....club house with member's lounge.

Billiard and dart league...pistol teams trap teams as most clubs would have....they also have junior rifle and trap teams and I think I saw a Woman on Target schedule din September and I think they are doing a hunters ed pretty soon. I'll have to check into that one again. But it would be on their website. I'm in the dedham /westwood area and it take me 35 minutes with no traffic to get there. You being in Newton would probably be 20 or 25 minutes up 117.

You want a tour let me know....

No matter what club you join if you do, get involved and you'll meet a lot of great people. The ranges are nice too for a quick hit during the week. Not sure about the social aspect. Depends what you are looking for.

As for gun shops...along with most on here Gartman is a nice shop, Four Seasons is great too...MFS has OK prices. I haven't been to Pullman Arms yet but they had a big showing at the GOAL rallies so I do need to get out there and show some support. B&K in Natick is a nice shop too...plenty around.

Back
Top Bottom