MASS. Exodus?

ex·o·dus (ks-ds) n. 1. A departure of a large number of people.

So I have given my family and myself a fall back plan. A property in the Mts of NH.... I'm going to do everything I can to not have to fill out a change of address form. I mean everything short of compromising my loved ones safety.

I'm wondering how many others will vacate Mass? If enough do will it have a big enough impact to show how overbearing this state has become.

Also if so many decide on NH. The pro gun population in NH will multiply accordingly and so one would hope the laws would stay pro 2a. Almost making it even more attractive, perpetuating into even more of an influx of pro 2a citizens.

Thoughts ?

I left when I finally had a chance to. Granted it was only a few months ago (mid September 2012) but I'm MUCH happier not living in the police state of MA.

While I plan to "vacate the Bay State" when I have the opportunity, New Hampshire isn't high on my list. I'm thinking warmer climes, closer to where my son and his family are and where my daughter has already said she hopes to move. All of that being said I spent a couple of days in Keene, NH this week and found it very pleasant. Far less hectic than the parts of the state I've spent time in. Still, it's colder than I like.

did it a few years ago now, i second mike's sentiments.

you're already compromising your loved ones safety by living there.

I'm wondering how many others will vacate Mass? If enough do will it have a big enough impact to show how overbearing this state has become.

I think GOAL puts the number of gun owners in MA at around 300,00. My thought is that it would take a significant percentage of that number of people to leave to have some noticeable effect on the economy. I seriously doubt that you could get enough people to leave to cause an impact. If the economy were better and people had more options WRT finding new jobs, then maybe. And I'm sure the antis wouldn't be shedding any tears. I've planned on moving out of Mass for quite a while now to be closer to family in NC, but the lack of jobs has kept me here.

Last edited:
I think GOAL puts the number of gun owners in MA at around 300,00. My thought is that it would take a significant percentage of that number of people to leave to have some noticeable effect on the economy. I seriously doubt that you could get enough people to leave to cause an impact. If the economy were better and people had more options WRT finding new jobs, then maybe. And I'm sure the antis wouldn't be shedding any tears. I've planned on moving out of Mass for quite a while now to be closer to family in NC, but the lack of jobs has kept me here.

That's OK. You're behind enemy lines but you can still do your part.

In my last few years as a MA resident, I bought less than $200 worth of taxable stuff. I purposefully evaded the sales tax by going to NH (plus we were home shopping at the time) and bought stuff online.

Not that it meant anything really.

Now if I could only find a job in NH...

That's OK. You're behind enemy lines but you can still do your part.

In my last few years as a MA resident, I bought less than $200 worth of taxable stuff. I purposefully evaded the sales tax by going to NH (plus we were home shopping at the time) and bought stuff online.

Not that it meant anything really.

Now if I could only find a job in NH...

hells yeah... I did the same... skipped a vehicle inspection too as we knew we'd be closing in a few months. Suck it MA.

NH is clearly better than MA, but lets not pretend it's Texas. Obama won NH twice and you guys picked Kerry as well

When you're right, you're right. We can open carry--which they can't, and our P&RL is only $10, easier to get, and carries far fewer restrictions.

OP: my advice is move up here, and then learn more about the FSP. We need you.

When you're right, you're right. We can open carry--which they can't, and our P&RL is only $10, easier to get, and carries far fewer restrictions.

OP: my advice is move up here, and then learn more about the FSP. We need you.

I don't want to open carry, but the one thing I'm am super jealous of is the fact that you guys can have suppressors :(

No no massachushitts needs you. You can't go leaving the towns you grew up in, no one will know you were on the hs football team. Lets stay and win gun rights, start a free town project we all move to cambridge and run for city council/sarcasm. Go be free.

I made the move to NH a few years back and at first it was a tough decision. I grew up in MA and had a place that I loved in a great town in MA but the government was no longer representing me in any way at all. My votes meant noting, I owned a very small business and was paying taxes to a local and state government that actively worked against people like me so I moved and there is nothing that would ever get me to move back to MA. But it is a battle here in NH, the old red state NH residents are being replaced by NY and VT trustafarians and college students that come here and get to vote as residents and then move back to wisconsin or wherever. The more freedom minded people that we can get the better

I moved a thousand miles, you don't hear me complaining.

People make it sound like moving a couple of hundred miles is akin to emigrating to the new world? You can always go back to visit, it's a day trip. Load up the back of your truck with ammo and maple syrup, be Santa for friends who can't get away from MA.

If you really want Mass to feel the hurt, move more than taxpayers into New Hampshire -- move employers.

People make it sound like moving a couple of hundred miles is akin to emigrating to the new world? You can always go back to visit, it's a day trip. Load up the back of your truck with ammo and maple syrup, be Santa for friends who can't get away from MA.

If you really want Mass to feel the hurt, move more than taxpayers into New Hampshire -- move employers.

You would be surprised Kevin. See it all the time. They jump the border to get away and head to the hills. Then, bitch, moan and complain about dirt roads, the lack of street lights and no cell signals. Funny as hell.

I currently live in the woods off of a mountain dirt roads n all. I have lived in over 70 different places in my youth all over the USA. (Gypsy parents) My biggest hurdle is I built my house into a small mansion w my own two hands which is a lesser reason compared to the fact I promised myself I would never do to my family what my parents did to me. So I legitimize it by thinking "just one won't be a big deal". I'm a BB coach, a Rec Comm pres and my two very lucrative companies only exist in Ma due to licensing.

Back
Top Bottom