Mass exodus from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GaryO, Dec 5, 2017.

1. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

it's called the ghetto, all major cities have at least one.

2. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

We could wall off New York or LA and send them there...

Hell, England did that with Australia a while back.

3. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

I'm forced to pay for thier housing , heat, health care, ring dings, pizza delivery, smokes, booze , lottery tickets, flat screen, clothing and jewlery.
    I'll be f*cked if i'm paying for their dope too.

Waher likes this.
  4. CosmicIrony

CosmicIrony NES Member

Note that in states where this has been done the rate of drug users is extremely low. Apparently poor people can't afford expensive drugs. It is the middle and up class that can afford them, and they aren't the people seeking welfare benefits.

5. new guy

new guy NES Member

Florida has an extremely low rate of drug use? Poor people don’t do drugs because they can’t afford it?

Just when you think you understand the world...

6. CosmicIrony

CosmicIrony NES Member

The Florida program was a complete failure. It detected a tiny number of drug users, at great expense, and was struck down by the court as illegal.
    Florida does not have a low rate of drug use overall, but the rate among welfare recipients is low.

7. Gidge

Gidge NES Member

FDR actually tried to impose a new Bill of Rights would guarantee you a lifetime of government benefits. LBJ picked up the baton and, well, you know the rest...

8. babygorilla

babygorilla NES Member

Nope, not my moral responsibility. Death from starvation and exposure are a HUGE motivator to find employment.

connor and GomerPile like this.
  9. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

Exodus from Wisconsin?

10. Sparky123

Sparky123 NES Member

What the point in working when you can come to Massachusetts and get SSDI, SSI, welfare, EBT cards, free health and dental insurance, free housing and a host of other freebees. Massachusetts truly is the land of milk and honey.

11. MichaelJames1971

MichaelJames1971 NES Member

Drug-Testing is not 'free' - the State has to pay for it.

Florida, and the following states: Arizona, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Utah all require drug-testing to receive benefits.

The results found were that between 0.002 and 8% of Welfare recipients tested got a 'positive' result in these states. The National average is 9.5%

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judyst...r-scott-and-political-pandering/#60b2ab1d59be

12. Waher

Waher NES Member

Florida's "drug test" is a questionnaire without any lab work. Do you really think any druggies answer honestly on that questionnaire?

13. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

Don't care. It keeps them on their toes.

14. drgrant

drgrant Moderator

The drug testing bullshit is stupid. So basically the state thinks its just fine for suacers to get welfare, but not potheads? LOL. They all need to just do what Maine did already and basically cut off anyone who isn't willing to work... (or volunteer if they can't find a job) that's more effective than any silly horseshit like that... and it's 110% defensible in the court of public opinion.

-Mike

RHJJ likes this.
  15. MichaelJames1971

The State of Florida stopped the program because the drug-testing costs were far out-of-line with the number of people who popped positive.

But hey, if you want to donate your tax money to the cause, be my guest.

16. new guy

new guy NES Member

8% were stupid enough to show up for a drug test to determine if they would eat in their subsidized housing or starve in the streets knowing that they’d fail, despite ample warning? What’s the 9.5% national average cover, all drug test for any stupid purpose?

17. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

I'm spending yours too!! It's the liberal way

connor likes this.
  18. 45 acp

45 acp Member

19. MichaelJames1971

The facts completely refute the claim that "Welfare Recipients" are raging drug-abusers and pot-heads....the numbers tell a different story, one that sailed right over your head - "Welfare Recipients" tend to use drugs LESS than the general public, most-likely because 1) they can't afford-to anyway, and 2) the people who apply for assistance don't match the stereotype that Conservative Media has brainwashed you with.

But hey, don't let the facts disturb your sense of moral superiority....wherever that came from.

20. new guy

new guy NES Member

So you're admitting that you're too stupid to understand the point of my comment? I'll try again.

You said 8.5% of welfare recipients test positive. You also said that the national average for positives is 9.5%.

Is the 8.5% figure the result of welfare determination related testing, or are all drug test subjects nationwide (whether for a job at Home Depot, the kid whose parents are testing him, etc.) asked about whether or not they collect welfare? Or is this just some bullshit skewed study with a biased sample?

I understand where the national average figure is coming from - that's easy enough to gather (i.e. purchase) from the big testing companies on an aggregated/anonymized basis - but that's not remotely an apples to apples comparison to whatever the hell the source of the 8.5% number is.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  21. MichaelJames1971

Your comment had no point, other than that you imply that people who apply for Welfare are 'stupid', and that you imply that the testing results were accurate on their face. I get it - you hate the concept, and the people who use the program. Fine - but to base those beliefs on information that is patently UNTRUE, and ignoring the data, doesn't make you out to be some kind of genius...just the opposite.

22. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Insert <If you have nothing to hide argument here>.

Agree with you 100%

I'm a law abiding, tax paying citizen. If I were to fall on hard times where I needed to use public assistance, I'd be very insulted and outraged by this.

I completely agree with your work requirement and income verification/requirement.

23. new guy

new guy NES Member

You're completely misunderstanding the issue and running off down the path or arguing against your own wild misunderstanding. You should ask somebody else to explain it to you. It's not that complicated.

24. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Look at Florida. They tried this shit and it ended up costing them more to administer it than it saved. On top of that, the courts found it violated the 4th amendment.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/18/us/no-savings-found-in-florida-welfare-drug-tests.html

Interesting piece here: http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/drug-testing-and-public-assistance.aspx
    Proposed bill in MA is here: https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H79
    At least MA learned from the FL shit show. The proposed law would require the applicant to pay for the drug test. Question is, if they need public assistance in the first place, how the hell are they going to pay for a drug test? :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  25. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

I really want someone to explain to me how someone getting public assistance is riding around in a Range Rover, Lexus, BMW or other high end SUV sporting 24's. If it's not drug money where the hell is it coming from?

Testing should be mandatory period. It the testing rate for positive is low then GOOD!!! It's working.

26. new guy

new guy NES Member

And just to make it clear, I'm opposed to drug testing for welfare benefits. I do support cutting it off for able people who refuse to work.

27. robjax

robjax Member

I'm going to become addicted to drugs and then claim a disability and collect.

28. robjax

robjax Member

https://brandongaille.com/welfare-statistics-by-race-state-and-payment/

Additional Welfare Statistics
    • The average welfare recipient receives $1,000 a month in benefits.
    • 39 states pay more in welfare than an $8 per hour job.
    • 6 states pay more in welfare than a $12 per hour job.
    8 states pay more in welfare than the average salary of a US teacher.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/20/study-welfare-pays-more-than-work-in-most-states/

The District of Columbia, Massachusetts and Connecticut have the next more generous welfare benefits.

D.C. welfare recipients can earn $24.43 per hour. In Massachusetts they can get $24.30 per hour. In Connecticut welfare recipients can receive $21.33 per hour.

29. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Funny, I've spent hundreds of hours in low income housing and section eight.
    I've seen it with my own eyes.
    If I was so inclined I could leave with a trunk load of every drug under the sun.
    I get hit up to buy it all every time I go.
    Some of them you have to be very careful outside walking or kneeling so as to not step on the used needles strewn everywhere.
    Why don't you see if you can educate me with your vast experience looking out the basement window at mom's house.

Energizer likes this.
  30. MichaelJames1971

The 0.2% to 8.5% is the range of 'positive' results for those tested by their respective states to receive Welfare Benefits ONLY. Those results were found by the States that conducted the tests - the States paid for the tests, and collected/reviewed their own results. The States who mandated the testing selected their own in-State test providers, Welfare recipients were not allowed to provide their own test results or have any 'say' in who conducted the testing. The results, therefore, are unbiased. The test results did not take into account any OTHER testing through other sources - just State Testing to receive welfare. If it DID take-into account 'other' testing, that would make the 'positive' test results even-higher when you enlarge the testing pool like that.