• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig Sauer556?

Hey guy's, I'm interested in purchasing a Sig 556 soon but I read that Sig no longer makes the SIG SCM which was Mass compliant. Upon searching I found a store in Mass that is selling MA compliant Sig 556 "Patrol Rifle 16" ". Does anyone have a photo of the 556 "Patrol" that is MA compliant? I'd really like to see it before I make the 2 hour drive out to this shop to get there and not like it. Thanks for any help.

Hey guy's, I'm interested in purchasing a Sig 556 soon but I read that Sig no longer makes the SIG SCM which was Mass compliant. Upon searching I found a store in Mass that is selling MA compliant Sig 556 "Patrol Rifle 16" ". Does anyone have a photo of the 556 "Patrol" that is MA compliant? I'd really like to see it before I make the 2 hour drive out to this shop to get there and not like it. Thanks for any help.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig556-scm.aspx

I'm not sure where you're located, but Northshore Firearms in Middleboro and GFA Arms Tech in Natick both have MA 556's in stock. I think GFA has the full-size version which I would recommend. The gas system on the patrol isn't as smooth.

Why choose Sig when S&W makes a better AR IMO. You'd be saving a little bit as well. Just my 2 cents. But I saw one at Coin Gallery in Stoneham this week.

I thought it was based on the AR platform? If that's what you like then call up Coin Gallery in Stoneham. Great group of guys.

Have you checked out the Ruger SR556? I hear good things about it.

I just saw that IDC Firearms in Clinton is listing 556 SWATs as a "special". Don't know how special it is, but they may have one to look at.

Thanks for the heads up guys. This thread is a little old now. I did end up picking the 556 Patrol 16" model up back on tax free day and couldn't be happier! Gun is very accurate with the iron sights and throws any ammo I put into it. It was made in 2012 and not a single quality control issue reported with the newer serial numbers. Very happy with it.

sig556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom