• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P365

I'm very interested in the P365 as a replacement for my PM9 so I went to shop today that has a range and rented a free state P365.

It is much smaller than it appears in pictures. It is almost the same size as the PM9, just a tad heavier. The thing shoots really, really well. Sights are very good. The trigger is okay.

I did have a few issues with it that are concerning. I shot 150 rounds and had 2 light primer strikes and 3 failures to return to battery. The slide was about 1/8" out. I easily pushed it forward with my thumb, but still a concern. I did not see any striker drags that others have reported.

I told the clerk about my issues and asked if he knew if it was one of the early production models. He had no idea but said it was probably because the gun is a rental, gets shot a lot, and is dirty. SMH.

So I'll probably still buy one when they become available but will put at least 1000 rounds through it before I'd consider carrying it.

I bought a 3d printed extension from Midwest Gun Works for my P365. They have 3 sizes, small, medium (the same size as the OEM pinky extension), and large (makes it the same size as the 12 rd mag). It was a little tight going on.

p365 mags.jpg p365 mwg ext.jpg

And then there's facebook posts about people buying, so I'll pick a morning and drive around

Maybe pre-order. But no one has it. The half dozen places I called Friday, including a major net dealer and two sig "elite" places were not doing any pre-orders yet, I spoke with purchasing managers at each one and although they have allotments they do not have a firm date yet and tell me the allotment does not mean much in terms of timing. At top gun they told me that allotment could mean four weeks or it could mean four months

Sig has got to fully make several thousand before sending them out.

I even spoke to two of the largest holster makers and they can't even get inert rubber models from sig yet. Most of kydex holsters made of the non safety version will not work with the MS model.

there definitely has been a catch up with non-MS model since I have watched priding on it a while, the fast majority of sellers had it at or close to full retail of $599 in the summer and fall. That sustained demand on the standard model is proably why the release date got pushed twice. But now standard it is down to $499 with free shipping street and in stock at almost all major sellers. A fair number are up on gunsamerican and gunbroker. So maybe not a glut but enough of a pause in demand for them to tool up line to do MS version in March and into distribution to retail in April.

I did not call any Mass sellers, but I am curious where you guys are getting 365-9-BXR3-MS-MA. I thought with external safety that no special trigger weight was needed for Mass AG requirements. I know on the 365-9-BXR3-MS everything including trigger weight and travel is the same as the non MS version. so is there even a "MS-MA" model??

They are around. Expect to pay retail though, until the manual safety version comes out and competition is up. If you prefer the safety unfortunately you'll have to wait it out. Unlike Glocks, 365s cant have scary prebands put in them, low risk for shops selling them now and they know that.

Back
Top Bottom