• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Compliant Sig P365

Assuming you were planning on buying all of those accessories. On resale, accessories lose their value fast unless you find someone that wanted EXACTLY those accessories. And TBH, I didn't see ALL the extras, like the mags. Those things are crazy expensive! So his price is a bit lower than first-blush showed.

And all that said, I did spend more than I wanted on my P320 because it was non-MA. It was worth $100 to me to not have a safety. LOL

Assuming you were planning on buying all of those accessories. On resale, accessories lose their value fast unless you find someone that wanted EXACTLY those accessories. And TBH, I didn't see ALL the extras, like the mags. Those things are crazy expensive! So his price is a bit lower than first-blush showed.

And all that said, I did spend more than I wanted on my P320 because it was non-MA. It was worth $100 to me to not have a safety. LOL

Yeah, the mags are criminally expensive, but that's the price for the 10rd in this size mag magic trick Sig is pulling off I guess. Still, I bought three 8rd Shield mags for $60, so it's hard to thing that I only get one P365 mag for $10 less.

I still don't know what an aftermarket striker is supposed to do, but I'm not sure I'd want one for $95. However, given the P365 primer drag, I may be on the market for my first one in the years to come.

Sig sells a ton of guns now, the P365 is hard to find in any state.
I've been getting emails from vendors almost daily offering them for sale for $500-$550 with night sights. If I wanted one, I think it's fairly easy to get a hold of in free states.

These problems will all be solved. I'm not in a total rush. And, of course, the MA version will have a dumbass safety. Meaning I'll have to over-spend on a non-MA-Compliant one when the MA Compliant ones come out.

Oh, right, Sig does the safety thing in Mass? Oh well, guess I'll get an out of state one. (if I get one)

Most guns that aren't Glocks show up in Mass stores once they're on the EOPS list. The Sig should be on it soon. Hopefully with nothing stupid added.
if I want a gun bad enough, like a lot of you, I hunt one down. other than that, if I can wait and in no hurry, I just calm down and wait for "the list."

I've been getting emails from vendors almost daily offering them for sale for $500-$550 with night sights. If I wanted one, I think it's fairly easy to get a hold of in free states.
Yep. Osage County Guns seems to have them regularly based on emails and Facebook posts.

I think these are widely available in free states now. No more backlog after the revisions started rolling out. The parts are still very scarce though, so here's hoping nothing breaks for the time being. The intriguing part is that Sig sells the frames for these for short money. The serial is on the trigger module, not the frame (frame as a cut out to show the serial). Might be one of the first pistols that I try home stippling if I can ever get my hands on one.

If these are ending up on the roster, I wonder how they will implement LCI. The tolerances are tight as-is, and while an LCI design doesn't really take up much space, we're talking an extra MM might be too much for a pistol that already had REV1 feeding issues.

I think these are widely available in free states now. No more backlog after the revisions started rolling out. The parts are still very scarce though, so here's hoping nothing breaks for the time being. The intriguing part is that Sig sells the frames for these for short money. The serial is on the trigger module, not the frame (frame as a cut out to show the serial). Might be one of the first pistols that I try home stippling if I can ever get my hands on one.

If these are ending up on the roster, I wonder how they will implement LCI. The tolerances are tight as-is, and while an LCI design doesn't really take up much space, we're talking an extra MM might be too much for a pistol that already had REV1 feeding issues.

There's a witness hole on the barrel hood S&W style.

I don't think they'll do that, seems like only S&W is dumb enough to do that crap. They may add a chamber indicator for Mass like they did with the Legions.
I believe that's one of the dumb requirements of a MA retail version is that it has to have at least a 10 lb trigger, usually 1-2 lbs heavier, so they're not right at the threshold. I always buy "Free state" versions private sale, which is what is recommended on this forum, and good advice.
It's a no brainer that anyone would be more accurate with a 6 lb trigger than with 12. Imagine how far down and to the left that righties like me would be pulling shots with that heavy trigger, lol.

I believe that's one of the dumb requirements of a MA retail version is that it has to have at least a 10 lb trigger, usually 1-2 lbs heavier, so they're not right at the threshold. I always buy "Free state" versions private sale, which is what is recommended on this forum, and good advice.
It's a no brainer that anyone would be more accurate with a 6 lb trigger than with 12. Imagine how far down and to the left that righties like me would be pulling shots with that heavy trigger, lol.

It’s not required but some manufacturers think it is and I forgot Sig is one. HK didn’t put any of that crap on the VP9.

10lb trigger pull not required unless no manual safety.

I bought a P365 frame to give home stippling a shot. They are only $17, so I figure if I mess up, no serious harm. The serialized part is the internal firing assembly, so the frame can be purchased without transfer (assuming you can find them in stock).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is because when it arrived today, I noticed something that I hadn't caught before. There is a super faint outline of what appears to be a safety cutaway on the exterior left by the beaver tail. Sure enough, my pistol has it too. Just too faint to notice unless really inspecting. Looks like they have had safeties as part of the master mold for a while, so that's promising to having a MA version sometime soon. There is also a faint mark on the right on both this frame and my pistol. It isn't the same exact location or size as the one on the left, so not sure what that might be.

20181119_163140.jpg

Outline.jpg

I bought a P365 frame to give home stippling a shot. They are only $17, so I figure if I mess up, no serious harm. The serialized part is the internal firing assembly, so the frame can be purchased without transfer (assuming you can find them in stock).

Anyway, the reason I'm posting here is because when it arrived today, I noticed something that I hadn't caught before. There is a super faint outline of what appears to be a safety cutaway on the exterior left by the beaver tail. Sure enough, my pistol has it too. Just too faint to notice unless really inspecting. Looks like they have had safeties as part of the master mold for a while, so that's promising to having a MA version sometime soon. There is also a faint mark on the right on both this frame and my pistol. It isn't the same exact location or size as the one on the left, so not sure what that might be.

View attachment 255359

View attachment 255360

Interesting.

If the price of mags is a grossout, check out what they would cost at Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett. I got a 7-rd mag for my 938 for only $34.99, which would have cost $49.99 at a Dicks or BP.

If the price of mags is a grossout, check out what they would cost at Shooter's Outpost in Hooksett. I got a 7-rd mag for my 938 for only $34.99, which would have cost $49.99 at a Dicks or BP.

There are a few sub-$50 prices out there online. Atlantic Tactical had them for $38.99, but quickly ran out of stock. Careful there, as they didn't bother to mention it when I checked out. Cancelled order after about a week without a shipping confirmation. They can be found for around $35-39 online, but keeping them in stock at that price is difficult.

My distributors are showing a new part number for the P365 that has a safety.
3659BXR3MS
UPC: 798681599479

None in stock anywhere yet, but more signs of the MA compliant version coming

Good intel. At least 4 websites list that UPC already, albeit without a picture, but they do note "manual thumb safety".

Good intel. At least 4 websites list that UPC already, albeit without a picture, but they do note "manual thumb safety".
Now the big question is this: is the trigger pull the same? Or do we get a dumbed down MA version that renders this gun useless...

Now the big question is this: is the trigger pull the same? Or do we get a dumbed down MA version that renders this gun useless...

I'd like to think Sig cares enough about the pretty excellent (for factory) P365 trigger enough that they put the safety on the gun to preserve the trigger. But then again, this is MA, so who knows. Would be a shame to have to do a mandatory trigger job just to get free state results.

I'd like to think Sig cares enough about the pretty excellent (for factory) P365 trigger enough that they put the safety on the gun to preserve the trigger. But then again, this is MA, so who knows. Would be a shame to have to do a mandatory trigger job just to get free state results.
Totally agree. As long as you could get it aftermarket that would be good (minus the time & cost to get the replacement parts...)

Are you guys looking forward to a version with the safety? Or just any version of the P365 without paying a premium? Appears similar to when the P320 showed up in MA LGS and guys were buying the version with safety and rationalizing how great the safety is on these striker fired guns.

Back
Top Bottom