Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

Dugan was a YouTube treasure. One of the greats.

Sometimes life sucks but he graced us with a ton of hilarious videos while he was still active.

Three cheers for Dugan on a rainy Tuesday!!!

Sig Pro Shop called me today. My MA compliant P320 has finally come off the production line, they are shipping it to my FFL this week. I asked what they did to make it compliant, and there is a LCI and a manual safety. I had it on deposit for so long I kinda forgot about it, and then got the call today.

My P320 came in a few weeks ago. Got conversion kit for .357 sig. Have to use the same grip as it has a notch for the safety but same grip for compact 9mm, 40, or 357 sig. Fits all mags. Pull off the slide and barrel. Pop on the new one.b10 seconds. Beautiful.

My P320 came in a few weeks ago. Got conversion kit for .357 sig. Have to use the same grip as it has a notch for the safety but same grip for compact 9mm, 40, or 357 sig. Fits all mags. Pull off the slide and barrel. Pop on the new one.b10 seconds. Beautiful.
Any way we could get a pic of the safety area? Just want to see how different it is from the free state version.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I held a ext safety P320 this morning. Safety looks very 1911-ish, not a large, but shape wise. It's Ambi, not horrible to use, not in the way of a good grip.

I'll see if I can grab a picture in the morning.

Has anyone purchased a Sig P-320 yet ? I plan on buying another 9mm pistol soon and I would like to hear a range report. I'm thinking about buying either, H&K P-30S, H&K VP9 or the Sig P-320c. I especially would like to know if the Sig P-320 is reliable.

Has anyone purchased a Sig P-320 yet ? I plan on buying another 9mm pistol soon and I would like to hear a range report. I'm thinking about buying either, H&K P-30S, H&K VP9 or the Sig P-320c. I especially would like to know if the Sig P-320 is reliable.

Those are all extremely reliable guns.

I have the VP9 and really like it. Was thinking of trading it for a 320 though just for the modularity.

I have a p320. It's as reliable as any of the popular striker fired pistols. Sig, Glock, M&P, etc. They all run.

I have a couple of 320s. Great trigger break out of the box, flawless functionality (earlier models had an extractor issue if I recall correctly), modularity is the bomb for switching between carry and full size configurations.

One of the best parts if the $40 grips if you want to change up color or size, or start getting used to stippling.

Just got my Mass/ass Sig 320 compact and I love it , the safety is right were my thumb hits like on a 1911 so no harm , shot it Sunday after cleaning , she ate through 200 rounds ( my loads ) 147 gr no sweat , I am very happy this will be my CCP gun in IDPA[wink]

I have a p320. It's as reliable as any of the popular striker fired pistols. Sig, Glock, M&P, etc. They all run.

Thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

Just got my Mass/ass Sig 320 compact and I love it , the safety is right were my thumb hits like on a 1911 so no harm , shot it Sunday after cleaning , she ate through 200 rounds ( my loads ) 147 gr no sweat , I am very happy this will be my CCP gun in IDPA[wink]

Thank you ! That's all I needed to know. The P-320 sounds like a winner.

I have a couple of 320s. Great trigger break out of the box, flawless functionality (earlier models had an extractor issue if I recall correctly), modularity is the bomb for switching between carry and full size configurations.

One of the best parts if the $40 grips if you want to change up color or size, or start getting used to stippling.

Thank you for the info.

Thanks for sharing that. To me reliability is all that really matters. You can always adapt and learn how to shoot any pistol, but if it doesn't go bang when you pull the trigger, then what good is it ?

I have a pair of non MA P320s as well and I can echo the previous compliments. About the only fault I can really find with the things is that the trigger slap is there, and it is real. That said, it's not something I really notice unless I bring one of the guns out and put 400 rounds through the thing, then I'll end up with a little callous type deal on my trigger finger. We're not talking like "AK trigger slap" here either, it's pretty subtle. It's certainly not something that would change my decision to buy in any way.

-Mike

I have a pair of non MA P320s as well and I can echo the previous compliments. About the only fault I can really find with the things is that the trigger slap is there, and it is real. That said, it's not something I really notice unless I bring one of the guns out and put 400 rounds through the thing, then I'll end up with a little callous type deal on my trigger finger. We're not talking like "AK trigger slap" here either, it's pretty subtle. It's certainly not something that would change my decision to buy in any way.

-Mike

Thanks for your input, Mike. I probably wouldn't even notice the trigger slap, I usually only shoot about 100 rounds per pistol.

Thanks for your input, Mike. I probably wouldn't even notice the trigger slap, I usually only shoot about 100 rounds per pistol.

There's also a "adverse trigger" part that supposedly fixes this problem, anyways, if its serious. It was really made to keep dirt out of the thing, but it also has the side effect of killing the slap.

-Mike

All of the current production, including the one I just got at FS, have the trigger slap cured by filling in the hollow space on the back of the trigger. No mo' trigger slap.

I will say the .40 compact I have has a high bore axis and I would not call it a soft shooter. I'm not recoil sensitive so it doesn't bother me, but it does slow follow up
shots.

All of the current production, including the one I just got at FS, have the trigger slap cured by filling in the hollow space on the back of the trigger. No mo' trigger slap.

Hi Yanici, just wondering what the price tag was at FS.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Yanici, just wondering what the price tag was at FS.

Thanks,

Mike

Paid $624 including tax (cash price). This is the compact model with night sights. Price was $589 before I had to pay the Governor his slice of pie. I was looking at Collectors site in Stoneham. They list having some P320 9mm compacts in stock, if you're interested.

I just picked up a P320c from MFS last night. Got an excellent price on it and while it does feel very different than my VP9, I think its going to be a fun one to bring to the range. The grips are beefier than I really like as I have larger-than-medium but smaller-than-large size hands but it feels like a Sig to me.

The only thing that I don't think I like is the size and positioning of the mandatory external safety. Its right in the way of the slide lock and the edge of my thumb seems to ride the bottom of it when I have a solid, high grip on the gun.

Looking forward to putting a few hundred rounds down it ASAP. I will likely do a side-by-side comparison of them and maybe even write it up.

I just picked up a P320c from MFS last night. Got an excellent price on it and while it does feel very different than my VP9, I think its going to be a fun one to bring to the range. The grips are beefier than I really like as I have larger-than-medium but smaller-than-large size hands but it feels like a Sig to me.

The only thing that I don't think I like is the size and positioning of the mandatory external safety. Its right in the way of the slide lock and the edge of my thumb seems to ride the bottom of it when I have a solid, high grip on the gun.

Looking forward to putting a few hundred rounds down it ASAP. I will likely do a side-by-side comparison of them and maybe even write it up.

The guns are shipped with medium size grips. You'll be able to buy the small size in the future for the guns that have the safety slot cut into them. I don't believe they're available yet with the slot.

You'll love the way it shoots.

The guns are shipped with medium size grips. You'll be able to buy the small size in the future for the guns that have the safety slot cut into them. I don't believe they're available yet with the slot.

You'll love the way it shoots.
Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure the Compact frames only come in Medium or Large size. I would have to go down to the subcompact frame for a small girth, correct?

Are you sure about that? I am pretty sure the Compact frames only come in Medium or Large size. I would have to go down to the subcompact frame for a small girth, correct?

Guys have put a sub compact frame together with the compact slide and it worked. As far as I know, each different model of FULL, CARRY, COMPACT and SUBCOMPACT are available with small, medium and large grip sizes for that model. Trouble is that the grips with the safety slot cutout won't be available for a while.

Take a ride up to the Sig Pro Shop in Exeter and you can try out all the different sizes.

Purchased a MA compliant P320 from FS a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet although I've fired the full size 320 at a couple of the Sig Sauer training classes I took. Went up to the Sig Pro Shop last Saturday to pick up a full size conversion kit. As pointed out earlier, the conversion kit frames DO NOT have the notches cut for the MA compliant thumb safety. Shop said it could be months before Sig starts to make them for MA owners.

So what I did was trace the thumb safety slots off my 320 compact frame and then marked them on the full size conversion frame. Using a Dremel, I carefully cut new notches in the full size frame which took me about 30 minutes to do. I put the fire mechanism in the full size frame and had to slightly modify the back edge of the notches on the full size frame until I was able to make sure the fire mechanism was far enough "back" in the frame so the take-down lever would insert properly. We're talking very minor adjustments until it was perfect. Took another 15-20 minutes to get it right. Once I was able to get the take-down lever to insert properly, I put on the full size slide and dry fired the gun and tested the thumb safety several times. Works perfectly! [smile] The really good news is once the fire mechanism is installed in the full size frame, the thumb safety completely covers the notches so it looks factory perfect!

Going to try and get to the range soon to fire the gun, but I'm pretty sure it will be just as nice as the other full size P320s I've shot before. Hope this is helpful! Takes literally 30 seconds to switch between full size and compact once the notches are all set.

Shoot safely!

Peter

Have you guys figured out yet if you can just rip off the stupid ****ing safety off the MA model and throw it away without compromising the operation of the gun? That'd probably be the most desirable mod.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom