Mass Compliant Sig P320??????

If that's the case, and it well could be, then the MA guns will need grips with the cut out in them so that the safety can fit on the gun. I would think that finding different sized grips to swap a bit more difficult due to the fact that most grips made will be for free staters and not have a cut out.

or avoid all that crap and just get one without the safety to begin with...

Heard rumor from a fairly good source that there was a new hold up with the MA P320 and it might mean the MA version has a different frame with the serial marked on the grip not the trigger assembly and that there will be a manual non-trigger safety but the actual trigger will be the same free-state trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the odds of the new sig P320 becoming Mass Compliant? I like the concept of the entire pistol being replaceable and I would love to try the p320.

There are a few for sale in MA right now. And you don't have to worry about the MA changes ruining the gun.

Heard rumor from a fairly good source that there was a new hold up with the MA P320 and it might mean the MA version has a different frame with the serial marked on the grip not the trigger assembly and that there will be a manual non-trigger safety but the actual trigger will be the same free-state trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sounds like a completely asinine rumor. The Fire Control Unit is the firearm according to the manufacturer and the ATF, Sig would be better off telling MA to go screw it self and not selling the 320 in the Commonwealth.

That's sounds like a completely asinine rumor. The Fire Control Unit is the firearm according to the manufacturer and the ATF, Sig would be better off telling MA to go screw it self and not selling the 320 in the Commonwealth.

I agree it would be very strange and it would ruin the main selling point of the gun, but that's what I was told, correct or not.

That's sounds like a completely asinine rumor. The Fire Control Unit is the firearm according to the manufacturer and the ATF, Sig would be better off telling MA to go screw it self and not selling the 320 in the Commonwealth.[/QUOTE. To meet the completely asinine AG requirements.

If that's the case, and it well could be, then the MA guns will need grips with the cut out in them so that the safety can fit on the gun. I would think that finding different sized grips to swap a bit more difficult due to the fact that most grips made will be for free staters and not have a cut out.

If the safety is easy to remove from the FCU this is basically a non issue. Hopefully the FCU with the safety isn't radically different from it's real world counterparts.

-Mike

You would think after HK demonstrated with the VP9 you don't need to do this nonsense to sell in MA, that Sig would wise up.

You would think after HK demonstrated with the VP9 you don't need to do this nonsense to sell in MA, that Sig would wise up.

HK probably does have that nonsense (the "hidden" serial number) as part of its design and didn't have to do anything special for MA... Sig used to do stupid shit like print it on the bottom of the well were the locking block is inside the frame, so much for hidden... [laugh]

-Mike

Doesn't Sig have Mass specific models? Something like a P226M vs a P226 for any other state. I don't know that HK (or any others) does that and think Sig may have allowed "this nonsense" an opportunity to become a problem by doing so.

Doesn't Sig have Mass specific models? Something like a P226M vs a P226 for any other state. I don't know that HK (or any others) does that and think Sig may have allowed "this nonsense" an opportunity to become a problem by doing so.

Sigs base design doesn't include an LCI or a hidden serial number. So they have to "add" that stuff on the M's for the CMR940 bullshit. Vendors like HK and Ruger probably just engineer that BS into the design so the only difference ends up being the cripplemags that get shipped with the gun... makes SKUs and logistics easier.

-Mike

Sig told me again todsy that there is no safety planned for the MA model

Are you talking to the pro shop? Because I called yesterday and they said the exact opposite...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was there, in Exeter, on Tuesday and was told that the MA 320 will have a safety and that allowed Sig to leave the trigger pull alone so it will stay as nice as the free state triggers.

Any chance the "safety" is the the tabbed safety trigger that Sig advertises for the 320?

When I called the guy on the phone said it was a Thumb Safety. If they can find a way to put a thumb safety on a trigger, I def don't want it.

[rofl]

Part of me wants to wait and see how this all turns out before completely writing this gun off. In the mean time, I'm going to head up to Granite state to see if I can fire a VP9, PPQ, and P320 side by side (by side) to see what works best for me.

Manual safety don't bother me since I have them on my other carry guns and I'm used to operating them. The drawback that gets me is that replacement frames for guns with safety will be difficult to find.

Manual safety don't bother me since I have them on my other carry guns and I'm used to operating them. The drawback that gets me is that replacement frames for guns with safety will be difficult to find.

Not if the 320 wins the millitary contract. Big if, though.

I have no idea what I just watched. But I liked it....

Anyone hear/check for updates on the MA version lately?

One of the great YouTube personalities. Unfortunately he has MS & had to retire from YT.

what is this fascination with a "MA version". I do not understand.
find an FFL to transfer the thing. buy it and have it transferred. end of story.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the great YouTube personalities. Unfortunately he has MS & had to retire from YT.

Dugan was hilarious. some of his videos are priceless. i like his one on the daewoo korean pistol.

what is this fascination with a "MA version". I do not understand.
find an FFL to transfer the thing. buy it and have it transferred. end of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Dugan was hilarious. some of his videos are priceless. i like his one on the daewoo korean pistol.
Well I'm a newer shooter and as such don't have any relationships with any FFLs in the area. I've called 4 or 5 and asked them what they knew about the P320 and if I'd be able to order one or transfer one through them and they all said not until the MA version came out.

My apologies for my ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom