• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass compliance roster models vs. Model numbers

So i wanted to pick up a BG 380 in FDE with laser on gun broker. The mass compliance roster has S&W bodyguard 380 listed as compliant. Ive seen it for sale in the state as well. So i Called my local ffl and store i buy from MFS, they asked for a model number and stated it wasnt compliant. What info do ffls and dealers have that we dont? The roster does not specify a model #.

So i wanted to pick up a BG 380 in FDE with laser on gun broker. The mass compliance roster has S&W bodyguard 380 listed as compliant. Ive seen it for sale in the state as well. So i Called my local ffl and store i buy from MFS, they asked for a model number and stated it wasnt compliant. What info do ffls and dealers have that we dont? The roster does not specify a model #.

Find another ffl who will do it for you. That's what I do.

Yeah. Having trouble with that. No one is getting back to me. I tried four seasons and the gun parlor i worcester. Any reccomendations?

S&W has MA model numbers only due to the Attorney Generals Firearm Safety Reg's (based on trigger pull) The rest of the country gets one model with a normal trigger and S&W make a MA model specific just for MA with the heavy MA trigger.

It's usually whatever load of bullshit their distributor tells them with regards to compliance.... the more boring dealers only sell whatever SKU they were told was acceptable. Find a dealer that makes up their own mind and you'll likely have less problems.

-Mike

If your not to Far from MFS I would prob go ask in person. They have a great staff there. But get tons of phone calls.

Did you try Bass Pro or Northshore? Only $80 for a transfer... [rofl]

Geez that sucks. $80?? C'mon. What a pile of crap. I saw one shop that if you transfer in something they COULD get for you but are overcharging you already, they want $125.

So instead of being sensitive to your customers, you want to piss them off. Sort of like when people leave your state b/c you are taxing them too much, you increase taxes.

Geez that sucks. $80?? C'mon. What a pile of crap. I saw one shop that if you transfer in something they COULD get for you but are overcharging you already, they want $125.

So instead of being sensitive to your customers, you want to piss them off. Sort of like when people leave your state b/c you are taxing them too much, you increase taxes.
Holy **** you can't make this up, on Northshore's site right now:

upload_2019-3-12_15-20-9.png

Same dealer has this as their transfer policy:

"Incoming transfers; We must be notifed prior to shipping. We do not transfer any firearms that we may have obtained for you.

Fee: $80, If you insist in buying it elsewhere."

They're one of NES's preferred FFL's /sarc

Yeah. Having trouble with that. No one is getting back to me. I tried four seasons and the gun parlor i worcester. Any reccomendations?

You asked The Gun Parlor? Oh man, bummer. They probably forwarded your name and personal details straight to Attorney General Maura Healey, just like they do with all their FA10 forms.

Holy **** you can't make this up, on Northshore's site right now:

View attachment 273971

Same dealer has this as their transfer policy:

"Incoming transfers; We must be notifed prior to shipping. We do not transfer any firearms that we may have obtained for you.

Fee: $80, If you insist in buying it elsewhere."

They're one of NES's preferred FFL's /sarc

F northshore. I don't care if they've changed ownership. Literally no reason to go there when you have Steve at Northeast Arms in Peabody.

Thanks dudes. I reached out to a few shops and AC arms in Mendon took care of me w/o issue. No worries at all from them on complaiance. If its in the roster by model name its good.

Notable 2nd qtr adds( those who care)

FN 509 tactical blk and fed in 9mm
FN 509 midsize
Ruger security 9
Glock - Gen 5 - 34,26
Glock - G43x and G48

It always good to see manufacturers still wanting business in MA

Thanks dudes. I reached out to a few shops and AC arms in Mendon took care of me w/o issue. No worries at all from them on complaiance. If its in the roster by model name its good.
I met Tony too good guy. May I ask what you got?

Back
Top Bottom