Mass AWB’s days are numbered

Yup. I am anxiously waiting to hear back from Junior on his call with the mass DOR today that stuck in with a bill for 70K😂😂
20 years ago they were trying to get me for 25k on unpaid sales tax for a business I created but never opened or pursued. Did a bunch of up front stuff to start it but decided ut wasn't worth it. A year or two later they hit me. It was cleared up, but made me wonder how many just pay it.

GOAL is not a national organization. It's stuck with fighting mASS within mASS. Ergo, it's methods HAVE to be more negotiatorial. This isn't Missouri or Alaska or Aller-Bama. They spend considerable time in the Whore, er State House trying to thwart continued liberal attacks on our gun rights.

Not EVERY gun organization will do what you want. This isn't Harrod's or Sears circa 1965. You can't go to one store and get all of your items. You need multiple stores. NAGR (sponsored by Randy Marsh!), FPC, GOA, NRA, GOAL, etc.,

Sorry you have to shell out some $ for your rights. That sucks so much for you. Someone else should just pay for it all. ;). (hint: Freedom's not free. This isn't 1776. You're not dying for your cause, you're writing checks for it. Bitching on NES isn't a grass roots movement.)

So what's the consensus on NAGR? Become a member or not? Older posts seem to bash them a bit

Just FYI, GOAL doesn’t support NAGR. GOAL doesn’t believe in being a “no compromise” organization as they believe it does more harm than good here in MA. They also don’t agree with filing a lawsuit against the AWB so soon after Bruen because they think that there’s plenty of AWB cases across the country, one of them is bound to hit SCOTUS sooner or later. No need to spend thousands of dollars on legal fees for no reason.
The time for half measures was like 20 years ago. Today is all out war.

If GOAL doesn't have the money it needs to wage this war, then it should focus some time and energy on fund raising. If GOAL doesn't have the mind set to wage total war against the enemy, then they should step back from the fight and stop muddying the waters. There is no compromise with this enemy.

remember.. GOAL is the lobbying organization.. Comm2A is the lawsuit organization..

one tries to stop shit laws from being enacted
the other fights shit laws that have already been enacted.
This is a really important distinction.

GOAL works with the legislature to put lube on the rape pole, comm2 files the rape charges.

Waiting for MA to pull a CT and force registration of AWs and pre 94 'high caps'. If you don't, you're a very naughty naughty boy. Wonder how many 'did not comply' gun felons are out there in CT after that 2013 new law. Except in MA, the state already knows what we've all got right? lol.

This is a really important distinction.

GOAL works with the legislature to put lube on the rape pole, comm2 files the rape charges.
I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

Agreed, mostly.

Thing I don't think Goal does enough is any sort of Word Out. IE, they don't really seem to project any effort outside of the state. I understand they are focused, but being focused AND drumming up some potency nationally in the broader community would go a long way.

Heck, I haven't lived in MA for 8 years, and I still donate to Comm2a regularly.

What would happen if Goal sponsored one of say, Donut Operators vids.

So goal is willing to continue to allow innocent people sit in jail for having committed no crime other than possessing a standard capacity magazine? They're okay with that, letting their fellow gun owners get railroaded like that? I might just have to take the money I send to them every year and start funneling it back into Gun Owners of America. Seems like organizations that are actually willing to fight are few and far between these days. Seems like they're more inclined to just party it up with Wayne LaPierre and one of his mansions that I paid for.

So goal is willing to continue to allow innocent people sit in jail for having committed no crime other than possessing a standard capacity magazine? They're okay with that, letting their fellow gun owners get railroaded like that? I might just have to take the money I send to them every year and start funneling it back into Gun Owners of America. Seems like organizations that are actually willing to fight are few and far between these days. Seems like they're more inclined to just party it up with Wayne LaPierre and one of his mansions that I paid for.
Think you still misunderstand goals point.

Goal works to get good working relationships with your reps, tries to educate them on the realities of gun ownership as opposed to the delusions of the everytown campaign, and tries to either stop bad legislation, or promote good or better legislation instead.

Goal is not a them or us group, you can't be effective in MA with that approach. They steer legislation but they are not a litigation group. Honestly, your reply really reinforces you have no idea what they do, if you're from MA you should get up to snuff.

Think you still misunderstand goals point.

Goal works to get good working relationships with your reps, tries to educate them on the realities of gun ownership as opposed to the delusions of the everytown campaign, and tries to either stop bad legislation, or promote good or better legislation instead.

Goal is not a them or us group, you can't be effective in MA with that approach. They steer legislation but they are not a litigation group. Honestly, your reply really reinforces you have no idea what they do, if you're from MA you should get up to snuff.

Goal is not a them or us group, you can't be effective in MA with that approach.

Yea, they've been REAL effective... One of the worst states in the country.

Seems like they're more inclined to just party it up with Wayne LaPierre and one of his mansions that I paid for.
GOAL is the local state affiliate of the NRA and has openly defended both the NRA & LaPierre on their social medias, so yes they most likely are.

Well, that's a load of crock. I can think of at least four-five states that are worse, just off the top of my head. CA, CT, RI, HI, DC, and pretty soon VT.
I said it was ONE OF THE WORST... Not THE WORST... Reading comprehension... work on it... I stand by my statement. If GOAL's efficacy is measured by its impact on the laws here, then one can only conclude they are highly ineffective.

Back
Top Bottom