Mass AR’s and HD4420

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I am a somewhat new MA LTC holder here in this lovely state... I am hearing a lot of this vs that on this topic. Before anyone jumps down my throat about reading previous post, I have. Many are outdated and/or the thread goes completely off topic before getting straight forward opinions.

I got my LTC and handgun about a year ago and now really would like to get into the rifle world, but with this new bill HD4420 I am not sure if now is a good or bad time to buy/build a rifle? I have heard many things about there being no grandfathering if this bill was to pass and become law. So in theory would this just be a waste of time and money trying to piece together a compliant AR right now?

I’m familiar with the AR-15 platform, and that would be my number one choice. I will not name anyone specifically but know of many shops near me that are selling modern or new complete lowers to LTC holders. If I buy one of these with a fixed stock and come across a pinned brake upper, should I be expecting a knock on the door when I finish the rifle and FA-10 it? I believe building a rifle this way is technically clear in terms of federal law. Although our AG would not be happy, realistically can or has anything happened to people who have “built” an AR this way?

Again I apologize if this has been spoken upon here before, I just want some up to date insight on this. Thank you in advance.

If HD 4420 passes as currently written all AR15 will be banned and you either turn them in or sell them out of state. The legislature has a Democratic super majority so there is a good chance that it will pass as written. There is also a good chance that it will be changed prior to a vote so its a crap shoot. You really on have 2 ways to get an AR in this state now anyway, you build it yourself or you do a private sale/transfer. No idea how or when this piece of crap will be enforced. One thing is clear, if it passes there will be challenges filed immediately after.

If HD 4420 passes as currently written all AR15 will be banned and you either turn them in or sell them out of state. The legislature has a Democratic super majority so there is a good chance that it will pass as written. There is also a good chance that it will be changed prior to a vote so its a crap shoot. You really on have 2 ways to get an AR in this state now anyway, you build it yourself or you do a private sale/transfer. No idea how or when this piece of crap will be enforced. One thing is clear, if it passes there will be challenges filed immediately after.
Thank you for the insight. As far as building one yourself goes. Is buying a completed lower and completed upper a good option if I know shops that will do this? I know I have seen many post here explaining that many people do it, so I guess I’m answering my own question. Just don’t know if completed lowers are treated the same as stripped lowers I guess.

Thank you for the insight. As far as building one yourself goes. Is buying a completed lower and completed upper a good option if I know shops that will do this? I know I have seen many post here explaining that many people do it, so I guess I’m answering my own question. Just don’t know if completed lowers are treated the same as stripped lowers I guess.
I dont think completed vs stripped lowers makes much difference as far as the State is concerned. Its the serial number on the reciever that matters to them. It just depends on whether you want to install the trigger group, mag release and attach a stock yourself.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

No, really just looking for some honest experienced opinions. Although I do admire your trust no one attitude hah.
The honest experienced opinion is you do what your willing to do regardless of what anyone here tells you, there are a million different ways to own anything you want regardless of what that C**T Healy says, you do you according to your comfort level and thinking outside the box, that's the bottom line.

The honest experienced opinion is you do what your willing to do regardless of what anyone here tells you, there are a million different ways to own anything you want regardless of what that C**T Healy says, you do you according to your comfort level and thinking outside the box, that's the bottom line.
This seems to be as straight forward as it gets, thank you for your reply.

Why do I get the feeling that you are an antagonistic information gathering propagandist?
Damn sorry I come off that way, but no I’m just young curious and uneducated trying to become educated. That might explain it though.

Last edited:
Damn sorry I come off that way, but no I’m just a young curious fool trying to become less foolish. That might explain it though.
Then stop being so intellectually lazy and do some more reading on the hundreds of posts on this board pertaining to the subject of your ignorance.

Then stop being so intellectually lazy and do some more reading on the hundreds of subjects on this board pertaining to the subject of your ignorance.
Again as stated numerous times I apologize for the repeated topic. To be fair can’t really be to sure in this f**ked state. Either way will do, appreciate the response bud!

Again as stated numerous times I apologize for the repeated topic. To be fair can’t really be to sure in this f**ked state. Either way will do, appreciate the response bud!
Another daft, leftist response.

Another daft, leftist response.
Jesus nothing pleases you brotha, don’t know what else to say. You could’ve scrolled right past this thread if you really wanted. Anyhow I’m working, wish I had more time to go back and forth with you.

Reactions: lel
Jesus nothing pleases you brotha, don’t know what else to say. You could’ve scrolled right past this thread if you really wanted. Anyhow I’m working, wish I had more time to go back and forth with you.
here what ill do if i am u. Buy or build a cheap ar, with plenty of ammo, joint a gun club and shoot the shit out of it, it be a few years before maura the lesbian get to u and your gun.untill then just enjoy the gun and look into moving to a different state.

Grab yourself a Ruger Ranch Mini14. Plenty of preban mags available. Convince yourself that it is just as good, and if it just sits in you safe - it is. Then go out shopping for a SKS and remember how these could be bought for less than $100 not terribly long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom