• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass approved weapons roster question-revolvers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JES Consulting

Instructor
NES Member
Hi all.
I am looking for help understanding on how Mass Approved roster works with revolvers.
For example Smith 686, the 686-6 is on the list. But what about 686-5 the one without a lock?
I remember Four Seasons sold them brand new in around 2003-2005 and that was after AG handgun consumer regulations went into effect.
Are they Mass legal for a dealer transfer or not?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for input, but I was looking for a help to interpret on how it works

The answer from jtnf IS how it works. The roster is irrelevant to you and any one purchasing. The roster only matters to dealers and how any specific dealer interprets the roster. You can find dealers who will sell you any 686 you want and record the transaction in MIRCS as a S&W 686. You will find dealers who read the fine print and will only sell a 686-5 with pink writing and if you have a note from Maura. All that matters is finding a dealer who will sell you the gun you want.

There is NO definitive answer you can get for "how it works". Only an answer from each individual dealer on what they will sell.

It's a nonsensical pile of retardation - that's how it "works". I'm not kidding - rather than trying to understand this mental abortion of a scheme, just find someone selling the gun you want - it'll be easier.

The thing you need to be aware of is that 'the roster' applies to gun shops, not you. Find a shop that will order/transfer one, and you are good to go.

Or find one for sale and do a personal FTF MIRCS transfer. Again, 'the roster' doesn't apply, because if it did, I wouldn't have 5 Glocks.....

All you have to do is call Four Seasons and ask if they would be your ffl for the 686-5.
They sell the 686-6 and 686-7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi all.
I am looking for help understanding on how Mass Approved roster works with revolvers.
For example Smith 686, the 686-6 is on the list. But what about 686-5 the one without a lock?
I remember Four Seasons sold them brand new in around 2003-2005 and that was after AG handgun consumer regulations went into effect.
Are they Mass legal for a dealer transfer or not?

Thank you in advance for your help.

What the other guys said, plus this...

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)

Honestly though I wouldn't even bother reading this unless you have plans to get into the business, its completely worthless information as a gun consumer in MA. Make phone calls buy/transfer the gun you want, done.

FWIW I actually DID own a 686-5 and had no trouble transferring it through MA FFLs.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom