Masks and youth soccer in MA

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue with HS ball, but most schools have limits on spectators right now. I get the whole community thing. Watching club soccer matches seems odd if you don’t have a kid involved or are a coach/official. These kids are from all over, not one community and the result is meaningless to anyone not on the two teams.
Tell that to alumni and the development office.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That's why the most effective way to combat this is to not play. Yes, it sucks for all involved (especially the kids) but if no one plays (and specifies why), these issues disappear. This is why I don't shop anywhere (except Hannaford...because food and I use their online shopping service) that requires masks. I refuse to give in on my principles for cheap Chinese made goods I can get somewhere else that doesn't require them. Plus I spend less on impulse buys and I am not giving these stores the money that goes towards their government mandated business taxes. If everyone did this, all of the mandates would disappear like a fart in the wind quite quickly.
And the reality is this is mASS. If pushed, only 1-2% would just quit. There are parts of this state where people fear the virus floating around in the air 24/87.

Can a private soccer club on private property say no Jews or African Americans allowed? The muh private party thing is nonsense past your front door and maybe not even that far.
Yeah, ummmmmm, what??? Are you saying that if my kid wants to play Soccer on a private field for a private group and wants to wear a chicken costume, they have to, by LAW, allow him to do so???

What about if my 24yo son wants to play on a 8yo girls team???? Still OK???? Or is this "freedom" thing something you don't quite grasp yet? LOL

There is not word-ONE of a protection of your 100% total anarchical rights in the Constitution. There are RESTRICTIONS on what GOVERNMENT can do to restrict your rights.

I thought you were OK if it was a no-Jew league anyhow.

Jude Thaddeus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
And the reality is this is mASS. If pushed, only 1-2% would just quit. There are parts of this state where people fear the virus floating around in the air 24/87.
That is why in a long enough timeline this country will fall from the graces of good it once had to a 3rd world shithole. Hell, we have people verbally and physically attacking each other everywhere (including on this site) for something that you have a better than 90% chance of beating (according to the science...the CDC). I just read a report out of Australia where babies were denied surgery that would have saved their lives because of Wu travel restrictions. Somehow this is except able though. I'm reminded everyday of Ben Franklin's quote of " ...a republic if we can keep it" and realize NO, we cannot keep it.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Can my son be involved in some consensual hetero-ass sports???? Or is this a gay-only event???

Geez it is almost like the kids should go play ball in a field without coaches and parents and uniforms. The state could never shut that down.
And that's how it should be anyhow. My son has karate, which is more like a club than any organized sport. And he has the kids in the neighborhood. Seems like a good combo. He doesn't need baseball or soccer or anything. He did baseball as a young kid. It was a cluster-bleep of wanna-be dads and kids waaaay too tough and important (really hiding their anxiety and insecurity). My son shrugged his shoulders through 3 years of that.

"Every kid gets to play everywhere." Sure. So the same 4 boys are in the infield every game. OK, coach. No change from when I was 10. Let's try and get that farm-league "World Series" trophy for your shelf. [rolleyes]

BUT. . . if your kid enjoys organized sports and such - have at it. Just you're gonna wear masks this year. And hopefully Charlie gets booted and we AREN'T wearing masks next year. Because if it's up to him, you'll have a mask on the rest of your life. COVID or no COVID. That man is borderline crazy.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue with HS ball, but most schools have limits on spectators right now. I get the whole community thing. Watching club soccer matches seems odd if you don’t have a kid involved or are a coach/official. These kids are from all over, not one community and the result is meaningless to anyone not on the two teams.
Why is it meaningless? If you enjoy the game, it means a lot. Plenty of people watch two college teams play against each other, and they do not have kids on either team. Is that meaningless too?

Your inept logic just doesn't make sense.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the rumor on the street. Its the buzz at the rink tonight. f*** overreaching .gov.
Take it for what it is worth, but the last few days at work in one of central MA's multi-faceted technical institutes of higher education, I have been briefing C level staff on out ability to roll back the campus opening, set up our testing coordinators to revoke access to buildings, and to build out a call center to answer questions about a closing.

Everyone seems to be preparing for something.

Inside Out

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The word on the street is that youth hockey is getting shut down tomorrow.

I’m posting that in the hope I’m wrong and in two days you guys can call me an idiot for believing the rumors.

G Port

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's a private organization, their rules, you have to follow them.................................so if the sports league decides they don't want any black players, it's their league, their rules

it's time to reevaluate slavish obedience to "private sector" rulemaking

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Soccer was shut down for three months. In that time a number of coaches lost their jobs or were furloghed. The largest yourh soccer club in MA and potentially the country closed shop and filed for bankruptcy.
Then thy need to band together and make a stink with the state. If that doesn't work, band together with other interest groups. Get enough, and you'll get action.

need to open and tell the politicians to go pound sand just like sporting events.
Yup. But you can tell them, or you can "TELL THEM". They need to feel the political pressure in order to get them to act.

Reach out to other parents, gain support, sign a petition, publicly shame them for such stupid shit. Get a local paper to print a blurb on it. Pressure the league into removing dumbass rules.

If the problem is the state, get in line, but the way to fight it is basically the same except one could more easily sue the state.
See my first comment up above.

BUT when inside the kids still need to get their skates on and other things

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The word on the street is that youth hockey is getting shut down tomorrow.

I’m posting that in the hope I’m wrong and in two days you guys can call me an idiot for believing the rumors.
Ponds will be frozen in a couple of months. Play in the street til then.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good point, but private soccer league coaches aren't school officials, and I doubt they're a "acting in the school's behalf." It would pose an interesting question.
In our town, I think the league actually RENTS the fields from the town, so it is a contractual thing.

Hey, I'm just asking questions here. The coaches are blackmailing parents by threatening their kids' playing time. I wanted to know how they blackmail people with no kids.
By calling them perverts for watching someone else's kids play.

There is normal soccer and sports being played elsewhere, but for now we can agree to disagree because the kids want to play and this is how we make that happen.
Or, you could make it "normal soccer" where you are, too.

Then you don’t have kids as every sane parent I’ve ever met is willing to sacrifice for their kids, not make them a shining example of libertarian dbaggery...
My wife said she would not want to embarrass the kids. I said our kids should embarrass the school and state officials.

So yeah, push back when ever you can. Don't just bend over and take it.
Yup, if that is what is important for you. Everybody has their own limits.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Why is it meaningless? If you enjoy the game, it means a lot. Plenty of people watch two college teams play against each other, and they do not have kids on either team. Is that meaningless too?

Your inept logic just doesn't make sense.
No, plenty don’t. I’m a huge soccer fan as well as a coach and father of college recruitable players and regularly attend college matches and the number of fans is negligible. Mostly parents of players, students of the school and those like me who have a vested interest in certain programs. This country doesn’t just watch soccer... most would rather watch football/basketball/baseball/hockey. Not sure why you guys are so sensitive about this, but I work in the system, I network with coaches and there aren’t nearly enough fans.

Last edited:

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hockey rinks in MA shut down for youth for next two weeks by order of the state. Like I said before when all the “but my freedom” brigade was up my azz because I told the OP to wear the mask or pull your kid... this is the worst nightmare for clubs, coaches, leagues, and players who want to play. Do what you can to slow/stop the spread so we can keep playing because Covid isn’t going away until we have a vaccine.

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hockey rinks in MA shut down for youth for next two weeks by order of the state. Like I said before when all the “but my freedom” brigade was up my azz because I told the OP to wear the mask or pull your kid... this is the worst nightmare for clubs, coaches, leagues, and players who want to play. Do what you can to slow/stop the spread so we can keep playing because Covid isn’t going away until we have a vaccine.
People need to realize that this China virus is unavoidable unless you stay in your basement.

So.... If you feel good about your health get out there and start living while taking the best precautions you can.

Shutting down hockey is "just because".

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
what "spread" are you talking about? Official MA stats show that there were no 0-19 group covid deaths. What is your intel and where is it coming from?

I'd love to panic together but I see no reason. Outside MA people lives lives like this China Flu never took place and no one is f***ing dying.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
what "spread" are you talking about? Official MA stats show that there were no 0-19 group covid deaths. What is your intel and where is it coming from?

I'd love to panic together but I see no reason. Outside MA people lives lives like this China Flu never took place and no one is f***ing dying.
Dude, the state shut down hockey because 30 positive cases were tracked to hockey clusters. The number of positive cases is increasing because of cases in schools and colleges. No one said deaths, everyone is saying cases and spread. Again, words matter. This thread is about youth sports. Specifically, masks and the state mandated requirement to wear them for players and spectators. Hockey now shut down. I don’t want soccer shut down. Wear the god damn mask. Oh, and I never said panic. Covid is not the Spanish Flu nor Ebola nor the Plague. Still, wear a mask.

Last edited:

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dude, the state shut down hockey because 30 positive cases were tracked to hockey clusters. The number of positive cases is increasing because of cases in schools and colleges. No one said deaths, everyone is saying cases and spread. Again, words matter. This thread is about youth sports. Specifically, masks and the state mandated requirement to wear them for players and spectators. Hockey now shut down. I don’t want soccer shut down. Wear the god damn mask.
"Dude", my unscientific data is telling me 99.7% of kids and parents are in full f***ing compliance and shit is still getting shutdown. You think masks are going to save everything and that my friend is poppycock.

If everyone wore masks we would still be shutting shit down. States in full lockdown have increase in cases.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Dude, the state shut down hockey because 30 positive cases were tracked to hockey clusters. The number of positive cases is increasing because of cases in schools and colleges. No one said deaths, everyone is saying cases and spread. Again, words matter. This thread is about youth sports. Specifically, masks and the state mandated requirement to wear them for players and spectators. Hockey now shut down. I don’t want soccer shut down. Wear the god damn mask.
Are these "positives" coming from that same Boston lab that was cranking out hundreds of false positives? What are these "cases" and does "spread" means exactly. If no one is dying or getting crippled, what exactly is the problem?

I've been playing futball with other families/kids weekly (mostly twice a week during summer) since spring, an no we are not wearing any f***ing face diapers that no one can explain how would they prevent the "cases" that no one can explain either.

Enjoy playing the game without Faker's bullshit.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Are these "positives" coming from that same Boston lab that was cranking out hundreds of false positives? What are these "cases" and does "spread" means exactly. If no one is dying or getting crippled, what exactly is the problem?

I've been playing futball with other families/kids weekly (mostly twice a week during summer) since spring, an no we are not wearing any f***ing face diapers that no one can explain how would they prevent the "cases" that no one can explain either.

Enjoy playing the game without Faker's bullshit.
Glad you’re playing the game, but playing pickup games is different than playing in a sanctioned league. First there is liability, second we’re required to follow the rules set forth in our parent sanctioning organization, which are modified by the Dept of Health. In MA that means masks. In NH, it doesn’t. I’ll be in NH in November for a tournament. We won’t play with masks. While in MA, we will.

FWIW most of these cases seem to spread during gatherings outside of sports, but that isn’t stopping the state from shutting sports down due to increasing cases traced to plyers and families.

Last edited:

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't going to go away even then.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
"Dude", my unscientific data is telling me 99.7% of kids and parents are in full f***ing compliance and shit is still getting shutdown. You think masks are going to save everything and that my friend is poppycock.

If everyone wore masks we would still be shutting shit down. States in full lockdown have increase in cases.
Because the whole mask/social distancing/isolating from people outside your family when not wearing a mask is not happening. Kids are hanging out, parents are gathering at homes and such and no precautions are being taken. Compliance right now is BS. Too many cowboys doing whatever they want and not focussing on the bigger picture of slowing/stopping the spread to have some sort of normalcy like youth sports.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, the state shut down hockey because 30 positive cases were tracked to hockey clusters. The number of positive cases is increasing because of cases in schools and colleges. No one said deaths, everyone is saying cases and spread. Again, words matter. This thread is about youth sports. Specifically, masks and the state mandated requirement to wear them for players and spectators. Hockey now shut down. I don’t want soccer shut down. Wear the god damn mask. Oh, and I never said panic. Covid is not the Spanish Flu nor Ebola nor the Plague. Still, wear a mask.

NO! And you can go f*** yourself too.

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any idea how to handle this going forward...?
IDK, wear the stupid mask?

They're retarded and ineffective, so I get it, but if it's either that or the coach screws your kid over I don't see a lot of options. I suppose you could not watch the games too.

I'd probably get the thinnest material imaginable and make the most ridiculous mask ever so that it wasn't so hot and annoying and hard to breath. Like cut up a 20 year old T shirt that's become so thin you can see through it. The mask mandates don't specify what it has to be made from.

Still, I'd have words with the coach though. I'd probably wait til the end of the season and call him a pussy and let him know using a kid as leverage is something only a bitch would do.

Top Bottom