Masks and youth soccer in MA

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Your comparisons are all over the place - race/religion, pedophiles, anti-vaxxers, etc etc. Not exactly apples to apples.

I'm sure your gun club has range safety rules.

How about if someone joins and decided that only cucks, pussies, and safety nazis follow the rules that everyone agreed too.

Screw that, I want to toss clays in the air and hit them with their AR. Who cares if a round goes over the berm and lands in the neighbors property.
Screw the no steel core rules. I want to shoot my green tips. I love putting holes in the club steel and blasting through the target hangers. I don't care if a round skips off something and ricochets somewhere or hurts someone.
Tracers are fun too... let's light them off. Who cares if they start a brush fire.
What? No firing in front of the designated line? Pussy. I'm going to setup a USPSA/IDPA course of fire and take up the whole range. I don't even care about the 180 rule... that's only for cucks.

I'm not saying masks are what we need for safety. I'm not even saying we can stop the spread. But it's a private soccer club that set rules that you agreed to. If you don't like them, then pull your daughter out and find another league/club.
If there aren't any available, start your own. There are a lot of people out there who agree and might join a no mask league.

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep as stated, if it was in a place without mandates the police are not going to show up on public property to throw someone out. They might show up and flex their muscles, you need to listen, but you could also get them in trouble for it. I would gladly take a ride for not wearing a mask in NH, they can drop their charges but I wouldn't drop my resulting lawsuit.

In NH without trespassing I don't know how you get arrested over lack of mask wearing. Disobeying police (ie not moving, leaving, resisting arrest), yes, not about masks - what do they charge you with? The towns that have fines, I question how they make you pay it too, ie if Nashua writes me a mask ticket and I don't pay it how can they make me?

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The state has the authority to shut down businesses, including those who provide soccer field rentals, for not complying with the mask mandates... just like restaurants and other businesses. The state also has the ability to shut down sports, competitions, etc, for non-compliance. Clubs and leagues that belong to MYSA, which is the governing body for soccer in MA along with US Club Soccer, has stated it will not sanction a match that isn’t following the state guidleines, which means no liability insurance through MYSA. Clubs in violation could be shut down as businesses in the commonwealth. I could go on, but you get the point.

As a coach, about the only thing I can control is my players. I’ve had to kick out overbearing parents for breaking the rules before (non-covid). If a parent who has been asked to leave won’t, the police get called as they are trespassing. Referees also have the ability to stop matches and leave if parents are a problem. If a parent makes a stink that bad, we cancel the match right then and there and the family is kicked off the team, don’t pass go, don’t collect $200.

It sucks. Not playing sucks more. Right now NH and CT are Switzerland to MA’s Nazi Germany. We’ll see for how long.
Pulling on this string a bit, if you're playing in a public field, how exactly can you ask someone to leave, or declare them trespassers? How do they lose their rights to be at a public venue just because a coach doesn't like someone "breaking the rules," which are the soccer rules, not the "spectator rules?"

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
School property is kind of grey and public property doesn't mean that it's open for anyone, anytime for any purpose. If an official of the school or acting in it's behalf can ask you to leave. If you don't then you are trespassing.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
School property is kind of grey and public property doesn't mean that it's open for anyone, anytime for any purpose. If an official of the school or acting in it's behalf can ask you to leave. If you don't then you are trespassing.
Good point, but private soccer league coaches aren't school officials, and I doubt they're a "acting in the school's behalf." It would pose an interesting question.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Libetarianism doesn't work with legality and morality. Can't have it both ways.
??? You're not saying that libertarianism, and the associated concepts of natural rights, individual responsibility, and limited government are incomparable with the concepts of rule of law and objective morality, are you? If so, then I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. NES is on fire today today. So, I’m going to tell you my perspective and I’m going to tell you what reality is on the ground. Feel free to flame away, but those of you who know me understand where I’m coming from and what I believe.

I coach club soccer and high school soccer in MA and RI. These are part time jobs as I work full-time in tech. They don’t pay well... about $2k for the high school season and about $8k total for two club teams for the year, but I don’t do it for the money. Hell, I just paid $2k out of my own pocket to attend the National C License coaching course.

Covid has really messed up youth sports and specifically soccer. I have teams with both RI and MA players. Because of MA/RI travel Covid restrictions, my teams are playing games in CT. MA players only supposed to practice in MA and RI players only supposed to practice in RI. Our league, NEP as well as our club has adopted the rules set forth by MYSA which were forced on us by the state of MA. That means no headers, kick-ins only, no slide tackling, no body contact, masks on at all times and especially at play stoppages along with 6ft distancing at stoppages (so no man marking and no walls on direct kicks). These changes suck, to the point where my daughter’s club which plays in ECNL won’t play in MA so her home games will be in CT. Crazy.

High school is worse because MIAA is insane. I have to provide bus seating charts for contact tracing, every day players have to fill out a symptom questionaire, masks are worn at all times and I’ve already been told by the AD twice my job was at risk if I kept allowing my mask to drop down while coaching. I get it... Cardinal Spellman just went all online and completely shut down all athletics because of covid cases. No school doing hybrid or in-person wants to have to go online and shut down athletics due to covid.

Rules like disinfecting players, balls, wearing masks, were all handed down from higher up. Either we follow the rules or we don’t play. It is literally that simple. I can tell you none of my HS or club players want to lose their soccer season to covid. No one was happy during the shutdown. Do the rules make sense? Nope. Doesn’t matter. Your kid’s participation and socialization is what’s important, as well as the safety of those involved, like coaches and refs (who are mostly older). I’m mid 40’s, and potentially vulnerable, but willing to risk exposure to coach. Doesn’t mean I want someone’s death on my hands because they get sick and it’s traced to me or one of my players. It won’t spread on the soccer field, but on the sideline, after the match, when kids are hanging out, etc. The masks and sanitizing and changes to laws of the game are all about trying to slow/stop spread by asymptomatic spreaders. Will it work? Don’t know, but I don’t make policy, I coach soccer and the rules in MA require it or we get shut down.

I’ve seen refs stop games because parents weren’t wearing masks, were asked to leave and didn’t. I’ve seen parents kicked out of private facilities due to not following the rules. That’s reality today. Don’t want to wear a mask, stay in your car or don’t go to games. Don’t want you or your kid to follow the rules we all have to follow to play soccer in this stupid state, pull your kid. As a parent, my first priority is my kids well-being, and playing soccer is important to them. As a coach, ensuring my players are safe and we follow the rules in order for everyone to have a season is important. As a coach, I would have told you in no uncertain terms that your D would not be allowed at practices or games if you were present because you obviously didn’t care to follow the rules for us to be able to play. Sounds harsh, but I have 15 other kids and families who paid for a soccer season and I wouldn’t let one parent ruin that. For HS, you wouldn’t be allowed in the facility without a mask and continued issues would have your child banned from playing.

As someone else said, if this is where you want to make your stand, it’s your right. Just know that your kid and family will suffer the consequences and likely not play. I think it’s all insane and stupid and have contemplated quitting multiple times, but this isn’t about me or my beliefs. MA is the only place in the world that has changed the rules and requires masks for soccer as well as all the other changes to the game. It sucks, but at least we’re playing. Not every place can say that...

Cut your coach some slack, she didn’t make the rules but is being asked to enforce them for what is likely a $15/hour job when all is said and done. Also, there aren’t nearly enough female youth soccer coaches so try not to drive this one to quit becuase you don’t like wear masks. If it were me, our conversation wouldn’t have ended very well for you or your kid. Remember that Family Handbook from the club you had to read and sign off on when you signed up? Yeah, your kid could be kicked off and no refunds for the kind of issues you are creating. I’ve seen it done and it is never pretty. Private club and all...

To those saying masks are dangerous, so is walking down the street. My kids are midfielders and run 5-8k per game. They hate the mask and needs a sub a little more frequently, but still manages to get the job done with it. None of my players club or HS like wearing them, but none has dropped out because of wearing one and they know the rules and would rather play than not.

As I said at the start, I don’t believe in any of this, but I do it so kids can play. Not the hill I’m willing to die on. I would move to NH in a heart beat if I could, because freedom... but I can’t. So I stay in this crappy state and follow the rules while counting the years before I can leave.
Conformists, marxists and LARPing patriots who support tyranny and marxist causes elicit a response

ump_puke.gif

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Pulling on this string a bit, if you're playing in a public field, how exactly can you ask someone to leave, or declare them trespassers? How do they lose their rights to be at a public venue just because a coach doesn't like someone "breaking the rules," which are the soccer rules, not the "spectator rules?"
None of these private clubs and leagues are playing on public fields unless it’s by permit. If they have a permit, it isn’t open to the public, that simple.

You guys are really stretching it. The vast majority of fields are private and rented.

As to the spectators, the state, associations, leagues, clubs and schools all have policies in place for spectators. As in no spectators, 1 spectator, spectators must wear masks, etc. As I’ve said before, coaches and refs have the ability to call a match if spectators are a problem.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
None of these private clubs and leagues are playing on public fields unless it’s by permit. If they have a permit, it isn’t open to the public, that simple.

You guys are really stretching it. The vast majority of fields are private and rented.

As to the spectators, the state, associations, leagues, clubs and schools all have policies in place for spectators. As in no spectators, 1 spectator, spectators must wear masks, etc. As I’ve said before, coaches and refs have the ability to call a match if spectators are a problem.
Hey, I'm just asking questions here. The coaches are blackmailing parents by threatening their kids' playing time. I wanted to know how they blackmail people with no kids.

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottom line with all this stuff I feel like I am from another planet.

Back in January if you had told me anyplace in the US could require you to wear a mask I would've said, "haha no freaking way that's legal".

Then if you convinced me it was legal I would say, "ya right nobody other than a few Asians will go along with that shit, businesses will go out of business enforcing it so they won't"..

People who absolutely hate masks won't even disregard a non binding sign, won't even force a business to enforce it, won't question it, they just willingly submit.

It sucks. I don't understand what's wrong with people - if those who disagreed just pushed back a little bit 90% of the mask bullshit would go away. 3 parents in unisen telling a coach to look the other way and cut the bullshit would probably be all it takes to shut a dickhead like that up for the season.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm just asking questions here. The coaches are blackmailing parents by threatening their kids' playing time. I wanted to know how they blackmail people with no kids.
Imagine a park with some large-group picnic shelters.
The shelters are popular enough
that you have to reserve them from park management.

Q1: Don't you think they'll make the person reserving a shelter
sign a form agreeing that they will follow the park rules?
(Even if you don't have to sign a form just to walk into the park,
or even to eat a sammich there).

Q2: Don't you think that the form also makes you promise that
everyone else in your party will follow the park rules?

Q3: If some smelly homeless dude decided to take a nap
on the bench of an under-utilized picnic table at your shelter,
don't you think you could tell him to GTFO?

Q4: If one of your party got stinking drunk (say, a friend of a cousin),
and started disturbing the peace at some other shelter,
wouldn't you tell him to knock it off or GTFO
before the whole party got the bum's rush?

Well, it's not a big stretch for me to imagine that reserving
a playing field works a whole lot like reserving a picnic shelter.

Climbnsink

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
??? You're not saying that libertarianism, and the associated concepts of natural rights, individual responsibility, and limited government are incomparable with the concepts of rule of law and objective morality, are you? If so, then I don't think that word means what you think it means.
In libertardianism there is no morality and no rule of law. Libertardians are dumb they think everyone is moral thus their stupid idea would work. Since there are plenty of immoral people and retards the idea is dumber than the dumb people that would screw it up.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Why would you be watching a kids soccer game if you didn’t have a kid playing? Again, there are clear rules around spectators
Bottom line with all this stuff I feel like I am from another planet.

Back in January if you had told me anyplace in the US could require you to wear a mask I would've said, "haha no freaking way that's legal".

Then if you convinced me it was legal I would say, "ya right nobody other than a few Asians will go along with that shit, businesses will go out of business enforcing it so they won't"..

People who absolutely hate masks won't even disregard a non binding sign, won't even force a business to enforce it, won't question it, they just willingly submit.

It sucks. I don't understand what's wrong with people - if those who disagreed just pushed back a little bit 90% of the mask bullshit would go away. 3 parents in unisen telling a coach to look the other way and cut the bullshit would probably be all it takes to shut a dickhead like that up for the season.
Some of you are dense. The high school principal has said masks at all times for all athletes, coaches and spectators. The AD has supported that decision. Don’t wear a mask and get sent home, fired or have the police called for trespassing when you are asked to leave. There is no push back. The other way means no fall high school athletics, sports cancelled. You go tell your kid they don’t get to play their senior year because this is the time you decided to hold the line. They’ll look at you like the selfish dbag you are.

Same goes for club sports right now... it isn’t the coach, this is coming from the state, league, club and facility owners. Of course some of you dbags want to put this on the coach... the guy who loses his job if he looks the other way. You’re the same dbag parents I have to tell to shut up and don’t coach your kid from the sidelines or yell at the ref any number of other interventions because you think you’re special. Don’t wear the mask, I don’t care. It’s you and your kid who gets booted. I get paid a flat fee, so one less PITA on the sideline is fine by me.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Why would you be watching a kids soccer game if you didn’t have a kid playing? Again, there are clear rules around spectators
Jesus, you're really a "bend me over and put my a mask on me" kind of guy. I don't know what kind of Nazi places you play soccer, but around here, at the Memorial Day tournaments, for example, lots of people go to watch soccer without having kids playing. WTF is with you?

teamRR

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some of you are dense. The high school principal has said masks at all times for all athletes, coaches and spectators. The AD has supported that decision. Don’t wear a mask and get sent home, fired or have the police called for trespassing when you are asked to leave. There is no push back. The other way means no fall high school athletics, sports cancelled. You go tell your kid they don’t get to play their senior year because this is the time you decided to hold the line. They’ll look at you like the selfish dbag you are.

Same goes for club sports right now... it isn’t the coach, this is coming from the state, league, club and facility owners. Of course some of you dbags want to put this on the coach... the guy who loses his job if he looks the other way. You’re the same dbag parents I have to tell to shut up and don’t coach your kid from the sidelines or yell at the ref any number of other interventions because you think you’re special. Don’t wear the mask, I don’t care. It’s you and your kid who gets booted. I get paid a flat fee, so one less PITA on the sideline is fine by me.
No I don't agree with that, you are discounting how the principle and other folks react when the coach reports half the parents refuse to wear masks and tells the principle "Your rule, you come here and deal with it".

How the principle reacts when parents say "what the hell is wrong with you, we are outside and 10+ ft apart, I am going to remember this shit and we are coming after your job".

That's pushback. It works.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
No I don't agree with that, you are discounting how the principle and other folks react when the coach reports half the parents refuse to wear masks and tells the principle "Your rule, you come here and deal with it".

How the principle reacts when parents say "what the hell is wrong with you, we are outside and 10+ ft apart, I am going to remember this shit and we are coming after your job".

I work for a private HS. You aren’t going after anyone’s job, but mine as a coach as I’m the one who deals with parents and players. As I posted once before, I was threatened with dismissal if I didn’t follow the mask mandate. Not really worth it to push as I’ve already worked half the season and would like to get paid and finish with the kids who just want to play.

Know what happens if you don’t follow the mask rules in school during class? You’re sent home and have to stay remote. After that, it’s likely expulsion, again it being private they can do that.

I know there are some real knobtoppers on NES who get all worked up when someone infringes on their supposed liberties, but honestly, this takes the cake. At no point is any of this about the adults. It’s a kids game. Too bad you all can’t see past that. Call me a nazi if you want, doesn’t bother me a bit. Maybe MA relaxes the rules and we go back to normal. Maybe not. There is normal soccer and sports being played elsewhere, but for now we can agree to disagree because the kids want to play and this is how we make that happen.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I pride myself for being a “selfish dbag” for standing against an overreach regardless of who’s in “charge”.
Then you don’t have kids as every sane parent I’ve ever met is willing to sacrifice for their kids, not make them a shining example of libertarian dbaggery...

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Last night at practice, a father showed me a picture he took of some parents that backed their truck up to the rink windows so they could look in and watch their kids play. There is so much fail everywhere its scary.

One of the most ridiculous rules at almost all rinks is the use of the locker rooms. Locker room use is so limited that kids are getting dressed out in the parking lots (that has its own safety problems) BUT when inside the kids still need to get their skates on and other things.... So all the parents and kids cram into the limited amount of benches that are in the confines of the rink. In reality, they are cramming people closer together because of the limited space. If they just opened up the entire rink including locker rooms everyone would have plenty of space to spread out. I'm sure brain dead Karens wrote the rules.

It's the state, what do we expect.
You wearing that mask? Tucked away in the corner. Keep that Rona to yourselves. [laugh]

The come dressed thing makes sense. (Today)

Nobody wants to walk in with skates, helmet, gloves in a bag though. And people are still trying to come in earlier than the 15 minute mark. Acting like the past 3 months never happened. They didn't learn. Younger kids are fine, they come dressed. It's once they get past 12 year olds it's becoming an issue.

Locker rooms are a capacity issue. A lot of buildings have tiny rooms that can only fit 6 people in, if you're "distancing".

I have no issue with locker room use. I can't see em. The board of health can't either. If y'all can control your sweet devil children from pissing in trash cans, sticking hockey balls in shitters, and spitting everywhere. And running around building after staff have disinfected for the next hour. They're would be no need to treat people like broken toys.

There's added cleaning with this bs. Time for chemicals to work. (Theoretically)

It's the f***ing Karen's posting pictures and asking questions on Facebook that's been a real kick in the ass.

Last edited:

Jude Thaddeus

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, good luck. Looks to me like his dad is an entitled twat who thinks the world owes him something. Murphy is going to kick you in the balls and I’ll have a good laugh
So you’re comebacks are to insult someone that disagrees with you? Wow and somehow Murphy is going to kick me? Looks like Murphy already kicked you plenty of times. Good luck in life you evidently need it.

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In libertardianism there is no morality and no rule of law. Libertardians are dumb they think everyone is moral thus their stupid idea would work. Since there are plenty of immoral people and retards the idea is dumber than the dumb people that would screw it up.
Thank you. You've made my point.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not?

Around here , it is a town thing. People of all ages watch the games. Plenty of school alums come to watch the games. Young and old people watch the games. So what's your issue with watching the games?

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Is everyone cool with private clubs(guns, soccer, sewing) requiring vaccines? And why stop there shouldn't gun clubs require a medical exam for there members, can't have someone stroking out with a loaded gun. It is for the children.
Where are the members? Over there? Maybe if they required vaccines for THEIR members it would be a different story.

Racenet

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can tell you, without a doubt, that it works.

I asked a question of a principle about the policy for having an event in the school gym. She said that everyone must wear masks, no exceptions. I asked what about those who were medically unable to wear a mask. She said they had to. I asked if a face shield was acceptable. She said no, a mask must be worn. Well, her boss chimed in and said that a face shield is perfectly fine. That as long as there was some covering being used. That didn't sit well at all with her at all.

So yeah, push back when ever you can. Don't just bend over and take it.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Why not?

Around here , it is a town thing. People of all ages watch the games. Plenty of school alums come to watch the games. Young and old people watch the games. So what's your issue with watching the games?
No issue with HS ball, but most schools have limits on spectators right now. I get the whole community thing. Watching club soccer matches seems odd if you don’t have a kid involved or are a coach/official. These kids are from all over, not one community and the result is meaningless to anyone not on the two teams.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issue with HS ball, but most schools have limits on spectators right now. I get the whole community thing. Watching club soccer matches seems odd if you don’t have a kid involved or are a coach/official. These kids are from all over, not one community and the result is meaningless to anyone not on the two teams.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom