Masks and youth soccer in MA

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I love hearing from dbags in NH who don’t have to deal with Faker’s crap and don’t contribute anything in the thread other than pseudo anonymous personal attacks on an internet forum. While your at it dbag, make sure you kick a puppy or two and call the kid with down syndrom a retard and you’ll have the dbag trifecta prize.
"pseudo anonymous?" My username is as close to my actual name as you can get without actually spelling it out, there, "Mav."
"call the kid with down syndrom a retard" First, it's spelled "syndrome," and since I have a special needs son, it wouldn't occur to me. Seems it occurred to you, tho. I think that's called "projection."
No one is protesting a youth sports shutdown, but for those involved with the sport and industry, it’s a major problem here in MA. And not for nothing, but NH isn’t a hotbed of soccer.
BEST. NEWS. IN. THIS. THREAD.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my kids who is hybrid was remote yesterday... internet goes down in the school for two hours so all the remote kids just hung out on zoom. Zero learning, but it’s only kids educational development... not god forbid pro hockey or football.
Does your kid actually need all that skoolin'?

Instapundit blog: HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Why Haven’t You Left School?

Restless and anxious as a student of the No Child Left Behind-era in public schools, I wondered why we were spending so much time sitting in assemblies about the PSSA (Pennsylvania System of School Assessment) tests and how to properly answer multiple-choice questions when that had no bearing on what I wanted to learn about. Why were we focusing on some ridiculous state-enforced standards that the teachers themselves admitted were totally arbitrary? Why did we take several weeks per year to do these exams? Why were the classes I enjoyed getting cut back for the ones that were enforced through testing regimens? High school became little more than jumping through hoops for state administrators.​
School took me away from the learning I wanted to engage in and made me focus on things I didn’t want. I loved learning; I just hated school.​
That was pretty much the Insta-Daughter’s story. The first semester of high school she tracked how they used her time and found that shockingly little of it — like 2-3 hours a day — was on actual learning. The rest was busywork, assemblies, etc. That’s why she quit and went to online (Kaplan) high school, graduating early at 16 after taking far more AP courses than her allegedly fancy public high school offered.​
...​

Instapundit blog: K-12 IMPLOSION UPDATE: Half-Time High School May Be Just What Students Need: For older students, the virus will change how the school day is structured. It’s about time.

The Insta-Daughter went to online school because she realized that only two or three hours of her school day actually involved learning. With online school she did her schoolwork at night, and had a job during the day. It worked out well for her.​

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Does your kid actually need all that skoolin'?

Instapundit blog: HIGHER EDUCATION BUBBLE UPDATE: Why Haven’t You Left School?

Restless and anxious as a student of the No Child Left Behind-era in public schools, I wondered why we were spending so much time sitting in assemblies about the PSSA (Pennsylvania System of School Assessment) tests and how to properly answer multiple-choice questions when that had no bearing on what I wanted to learn about. Why were we focusing on some ridiculous state-enforced standards that the teachers themselves admitted were totally arbitrary? Why did we take several weeks per year to do these exams? Why were the classes I enjoyed getting cut back for the ones that were enforced through testing regimens? High school became little more than jumping through hoops for state administrators.​
School took me away from the learning I wanted to engage in and made me focus on things I didn’t want. I loved learning; I just hated school.​
That was pretty much the Insta-Daughter’s story. The first semester of high school she tracked how they used her time and found that shockingly little of it — like 2-3 hours a day — was on actual learning. The rest was busywork, assemblies, etc. That’s why she quit and went to online (Kaplan) high school, graduating early at 16 after taking far more AP courses than her allegedly fancy public high school offered.​
...​

Instapundit blog: K-12 IMPLOSION UPDATE: Half-Time High School May Be Just What Students Need: For older students, the virus will change how the school day is structured. It’s about time.

The Insta-Daughter went to online school because she realized that only two or three hours of her school day actually involved learning. With online school she did her schoolwork at night, and had a job during the day. It worked out well for her.​
Yeah, he finds the math harder to do online. Could be how it is being taught, the teacher or just his learning style, but he finds it easier to learn in-person for that subject.

Reactions: AHM

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
"pseudo anonymous?" My username is as close to my actual name as you can get without actually spelling it out, there, "Mav."
"call the kid with down syndrom a retard" First, it's spelled "syndrome," and since I have a special needs son, it wouldn't occur to me. Seems it occurred to you, tho. I think that's called "projection."

BEST. NEWS. IN. THIS. THREAD.
There’s the thread door... DON’T LET IT HIT YOUR AZZ ON THE WAY OUT.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he finds the math harder to do online. Could be how it is being taught, the teacher or just his learning style, but he finds it easier to learn in-person for that subject.
Culturally, Math might be the most popular thing
to have the hard time with. (Based on the number of jokes).

And even if a lower grade's classes are also 75% nonsense,
that doesn't mean many younger students could be self-taught.

mav

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
And now for my final soccer ribbing

They’ve apparently been beta testing the vaccine in soccer players recently. Below is video footage of their reaction to the vaccine being received despite being reminded numerous times that the shot had been administered in the arm

View attachment 402742

Sorry Mav; I truly tried to be adult but I couldn’t resist ;)
That’s some funny stuff right there. Reminds me of this:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqLdsozF4MU

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is not about "cowboys", the shit show of a "response" by the state just convinces more people that this crisis is non-existent and simply an exercise to control the masses. A whole lot of people young and old simply don't buy into the agiotage. It's one thing if people are reckless, ...
OK, I had to look it up. Now, it still doesn't make sense.

Agiotage - definition of agiotage by The Free Dictionary
www.thefreedictionary.com › agiotage

agiotage. the business of buying and selling the curreneies of various countries by taking advantage of differences in rates of exchange

Kids hockey shut down for at least two weeks. I bet they pick up another hobby this year, like smoking pot
What's wrong with archery, or hunting, or fishing, or shooting, or tomahawk throwing, or learning how to light a fire and cook on it?

ront02769

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So although we are talking kids sports, the former director of the R.I. dept of health came out today and said those over age 50 in R.I. should not leave Their house for the next 6-8 weeks!! And I actually worked with and liked the guy!! But holy shit! Panic much!?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
OP....when you're told things such as "just wear the mask", "do it for your daughter", "stop making waves", "rules are rules, don't expect to break them and still get to see your daughter play", etc., online or in-person, and when your daughter's soccer play time (or other rights/benefits associated with being in the league), is/are threatened if you don't comply (or when you're told that "your selfishness is hurting your daughter").....I want you to know, that what's being done to you is called scapegoating. It's a manipulation technique and a coping technique, a form of victim-blaming, that people who are in the wrong about something, or who are doing something wrong, use on others....so that they can absolve themselves of any guilt or sense of wrongdoing, or so they can avoid responsibility for something that should be done, or can avoid laying the blame where it really belongs. And....of course....a scapegoater always pins it on someone else. And that "someone else", sir, is you.

The entities that have politicized and militarized this country's health and medical, and those who enforce this medical tyranny at any and every level.....are the ones who are hurting you and your daughter.

When you refuse to wear a mask, and you stand up for your own interests, you're not hurting her. You're not ruining any games. You are not causing a scene. You are not doing any of the bad things they might be accusing you of. They are hurting your daughter. They are "ruining the game", if it gets delayed or canceled. They are "causing a scene". Don't ever forget that.

The perpetrators of the injury on you and your daughter, range from big government at all levels, control-freak local government, local Boards of Health, the media, police who taze mothers at football games, Karens, and anyone who enforces a mask mandate with the threat of force or punishment. Or the Monday morning quarterbacks online.

None of them know, or are willing to admit, or are comfortable with, or are willing to act on....the fact that the elephant in the room is the medical tyranny that has been dropped on this country this year. The people who are shaming you in person or online, or threatening the amount of field/play time your daughter has, or threatening to throw you out, or actually throwing you out...or whatever punishment they want to issue....are the ones doing the damage and causing the harm. If you stand up to them, or if you defend yourself, or if you argue your position, they will turn it around and accuse "you" of causing the problem. No, no, no! THEY are causing the problem.

It's easier for a coach or referee to yell at you for not wearing a mask, and to accuse you of causing problems, ruining things for your daughter, or "not caring", than it is to stand up to his or her superiors or to be honest with "themselves" about what's really going on in this country.

It's easier for the league to dictate rules to the coaches/referees that they have to enforce, than it is for the league to stand up to the local Board of Health. See? The coaches/referees are being scapegoated, too.

It's easier for the local Board of Health or the board of Selectmen, to tell soccer leagues or restaurants or bars or churches what to do, than it is to stand up to the state government.

See? The LEAGUE is being scapegoated. As are churches. And bars. And companies big and small. They are all being forced, due to medical tyranny, to become victims of the control freaks above them. This has had a devastating effect on the economy, and on the mental health and patience of people of all ages. Kids are getting screwed out of school and sports; adults are getting screwed out of their livelihoods. That is solely the fault of the a**h***s who are orchestrating this, and those below and around them who are perpetuating it.

You sir, by resisting the mask tyranny, and standing up for your own interests, are being blamed for the real culprit.....the immoral and unconstitutional and tyrannical militarization of Health / Medical. You're being scapegoated. You're the victim, as is your daughter, but you're accused of being the perpetrator. This is a classic manipulation technique. The actual perpetrator, is/are those entities that militarized the kung flu and that are using it to their political ends.

"What are you, selfish? Don't you care for your daughter? Do you really want to kill someone's grandmother for your own selfishness? Don't you care about others? Don't you know that by not complying you're hurting your own daughter, how could you do this? YOU'RE GOING TO RUIN THE GAME! How's your daughter going to feel? What's she going to think about you years later!??! All she wanted to do was play soccer, and because you were such a selfish a**h*** you ruined it for her! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IF ENOUGH JERKS LIKE YOU WON'T COMPLY, THE WHOLE SEASON MIGHT BE CANCELED!"

You'll get accused of all these things and more, and it will all be your fault, especially in the online courtroom, because you're an easier target than are the people and the entities who are perpetrating this bullshit from the top down. It's a lot easier to shame you at your daughter's game, and to get you to comply, than it is to stand up to this tyranny from around you and from above you. That's why they do it.

All I ask, is that you realize that you and your daughter are the victims here. By removing your mask, or not even showing up with one, because this is your personal choice and your right (your body, your choice, right?), you are the only one out of a chain of participants that goes all the way to the highest levels of government, who stood up for what you believed in. And you're punished for it. Or shamed. Or made fun of. Anyone who would throw you out of a game or accuse you of hurting your daughter, are not only the ones causing the immediate harm to you, but are aiding and abetting those above them who are the actual perpetrators of the national harm being done. But those people, the referees, coaches, parents, etc. for example, by all accounts good people, are being scapegoated by those above them, and I don't think these parties even know it. It's the small-scale version of "just following orders". Is the league going to stand up to tyranny wrought on it by dot.GOV and confront the state of Massachusetts, or is the league just going to deputize the referees and coaches and tell them to be "mask Karens"?

We all know the answer.

And to the coaches/referees on here, I know that it's easier to ask a guy to take his mask off, and to tell a guy to take his mask off, and to threaten him with expulsion or whatever, and to keep the game running smoothly, and to keep the season going, than it is to stand up to the tyranny. It's easier to just tell a father to put his mask on. I "get it". I'm not criticizing you.

Anyway, it's called scapegoating. That's what's going on; it's being done on purpose, and I hope that people....regular people....all of us.....can see what's truly going on before it's too late.

An excellent fictional movie that shows exactly what is going on in this country right now, is the pilot for the movie "V" that came out in the early 1980s. You will see Karens, and you will see scapegoating, big time. Robert Englund, a.k.a Freddy Krueger from "Nightmare on Elm Street", plays a humble and memorable role.

Carry on. Peace.
FYI referees have been directed to not be the mask police for youth games (HS is a different story). When I officiate soccer, I couldn't care less if fans are wearing masks. I have been asked to tell people to put on their mask, and I just say "sorry, not my job"

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
GPS had issues, but could easily have survived had they not completely lost their cash flow. The issue was they couldn’t afford to provide credits to families and no one was signing up for next season. They also couldn’t hold tournaments due to the shutdown. Many coaches were leaving because they were laid off early (again, cash flow), and taking teams with them. I highly doubt GPS would have folded without Covid.
GPS was having issues and under Federal investigation in February for their finances. Couple that with their problems with Immigration, and they weren't going to last past the Spring season. They couldn't get foreign coaches anymore, and they had trouble paying their bills. It is the one reason I would never referee any of their winter leagues. I know of several referees who have not been paid by GPS for tournaments last Fall or the winter league. All of this was pre-COVID. They were already being pushed out of their premier event, the Needham Memorial Day Tournament because they couldn't fund it before COVID shut things down.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So although we are talking kids sports, the former director of the R.I. dept of health came out today and said those over age 50 in R.I. should not leave Their house for the next 6-8 weeks!! And I actually worked with and liked the guy!! But holy shit! Panic much!?
Yeah, because nobody over 50 works any more? Gonna have to find me one of those jobs that lets you retire at 50.

FYI referees have been directed to not be the mask police for youth games (HS is a different story). When I officiate soccer, I couldn't care less if fans are wearing masks. I have been asked to tell people to put on their mask, and I just say "sorry, not my job"
"Sorry, I'm a referee."

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OK, I had to look it up. Now, it still doesn't make sense.

Agiotage - definition of agiotage by The Free Dictionary
www.thefreedictionary.com › agiotage

agiotage. the business of buying and selling the curreneies of various countries by taking advantage of differences in rates of exchange

What's wrong with archery, or hunting, or fishing, or shooting, or tomahawk throwing, or learning how to light a fire and cook on it?
the etymology of the word is this: it comes from French as stock jobbing, with a negative connotation that money is made via manipulation or taking advantage of crises in the news. From French, it was not used enough in the English language to either change it's original meaning and certainly did not reflect any connotations at all. Meanwhile in Russian it is used far more frequently and the connotation has developed even further to affect the meaning of the original word to "engineered crisis, created chaos/ stir for a purpose" Although the purpose of agiotage is no longer tied to stock market, the connotation became the meaning of it, i.e. an artificially created sitution of some excitement to the public. It's a good example how the choice of words betrays the speaker of his origin.

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great answer to give. [thumbsup]

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
No, plenty don’t. I’m a huge soccer fan as well as a coach and father of college recruitable players and regularly attend college matches and the number of fans is negligible. Mostly parents of players, students of the school and those like me who have a vested interest in certain programs. This country doesn’t just watch soccer... most would rather watch football/basketball/baseball/hockey. Not sure why you guys are so sensitive about this, but I work in the system, I network with coaches and there aren’t nearly enough fans.
During the Copa American few years ago, Gillette was full for most games. People want to watch quality soccer. We don't get that here most of the time.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its a cluster frack out there. team sports, like hockey where you all dress in a dingy rink....even BEFORE the pandemic, those rinks had health issues!!!

FormerlyIndifferent

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not "into" soccer, but one of my favorite things used to be, when I was driving, I'd come across what I believed was a soccer broadcast on the radio, I think in Portugese, and I'd listen a few minutes. Or for a little while. I have no idea if it was an American game broadcast by a Brazilian guy, or if it was a South American or European game broadcast for an American audience in Portugese. Or if it was Portugese at all. Didn't matter. (It seemed to resemble Spanish, but it was not Spanish). Anyway, these commentators were pure comedy gold. The comedy being, I wasn't "into" the sport nor did I know what language they were speaking or understand a word they were saying. Or understand anything about the game. But I still listened! (They were "into" their work, I'll say that!)

I didn't understand a word of it, but it was a constant increase in the speed of speech, and a gradual crescendo of volume, until either there was a goal, a penalty, some sort of pause in play, or, the commentator guy passed out....in which case his partner in the broadcast booth would start with the play-by-play in the same increasing speed, and crescendo-ing volume, as the first guy.

After the 2nd broadcast guy (maybe he was the color commentator, maybe he was just a backup for when the first guy passed out), after he built up, and built up, and built up his speed, volume, and excitement level.....he'd max out at either a pause in play or when HE passed out.....and then the first guy, now resuscitated, would start the play by play again. Gradually increasing speed of speech, volume, and excitement.

Wash, rinse, and repeat for the whole game. They'd alternate. It was a riot!

And when someone scored a goal.....holeeee shittt!!!!! The broadcast guy yelled "GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!", or something that sounded like "goal", at the top of his lungs.

They were into it more then any hockey, baseball, or football broadcast that I've ever heard in English. The best comparison I can give, is it was like a Johnny Most broadcast of the Celtics, but without the raspy voice, and with even more speed and energy. In Portugese. On steroids. And Johnny Most had a backup for when he would have a stroke on-air. Then Johnny Most would take over again a few minutes later, when his replacement guy had a stroke. [laugh]

I'd listen for anywhere from five minutes to an hour. No clue about the game whatsoever. For me, the two broadcasters' enthusiasm and mannerisms, was the show. Great stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
its a cluster frack out there. team sports, like hockey where you all dress in a dingy rink....even BEFORE the pandemic, those rinks had health issues!!!
The wife used to figure skate. She said sometimes the cold and ammonia (refrigerant) would make her just about pass out. Plus, it smelled horrible from all the sweaty guys playing and dripping on the ice all night.

Last edited:

kevin9

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

lancecolonel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The news said NH kids and coaches need to get the "test" before they can go back to playing hockey. So apparently they all did [multiple of thousands] and crushed all the testing resources.... Kind if funny that people are butt hurt about it.

Reactions: AHM

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well hockey is back this morning in MA.

All players and coaches need to wear masks. Locker rooms completely shut down. To put this in context.... They basically shutdown at least 25% of the floor space kids and parents can use to get ready. Also, most every rink closed off its large atrium/entrances. On normal days these areas would be used for spreading out. Like an "overflow".

So essentially your jamming 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. We are all going to get ready on top of one another [kind of like before].

Again, what a bunch of a**h***s we have in this state.

It would be better to let each rink decide how to manage their space. Instead of a one size fits all.

n1oty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

All players and coaches need to wear masks. Locker rooms completely shut down. To put this in context.... They basically shutdown at least 25% of the floor space kids and parents can use to get ready. Also, most every rink closed off its large atrium/entrances. On normal days these areas would be used for spreading out. Like an "overflow".

So essentially your jamming 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. We are all going to get ready on top of one another [kind of like before].

It would be better to let each rink decide how to manage their space. Instead of a one size fits all.
You don't really expect Charlie Parker and his minions to think logically, do you???

Inside Out

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

But they’re “letting” them play! How benevolent!

(In case you can’t tell, I’m being sarcastic.)

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
All youth soccer in my town got shutdown this past week and weekend. Supposed to resume next week, but I’m not holding my breath based on the rumors

Top Bottom