Mask mandate, fog on shooting glasses.

masks are required when i work (printer tech in hospitals). PITA with reading glasses that i need at my age, i've learned to deal with it.
no masks required at my range, but social distancing encouraged.
(don't sneeze or spit on fellow shooters within 6' [puke] )

clubs just need to serve food at the firing line, then when at your "table" masks can be removed. Shoot and eat!

We need to start using the Dem/ BLM playbook and just stop wearing masks everywhere. Total BS. I lost my brother to Covid in April, but this mask mandate and further restrictions on our civil liberties is complete bullshit and .gov control

We need to start using the Dem/ BLM playbook and just stop wearing masks everywhere. Total BS. I lost my brother to Covid in April, but this mask mandate and further restrictions on our civil liberties is complete bullshit and .gov control

sorry for your loss.

I say don't go shooting at your range. Simply attend a peaceful protest there. Get yourself a small "BLM" sign and stick it up at your lane and fire away.

Are there people within 6 feet of you at the firing line?

If not, remove your mask.

Not sure how cat crap will fix a fogged up mask.

I tried using my dogs crap and it only smeared it up and had a bad smell.
LOL I use Cat Crap on my dive mask, it works on my shooting glasses as well. I get mine from Campmor but I hear WalMart has it too!

Thanks, man. Not looking for sympathy here, we really need to start pushing back against this total BS gov overeach.

Mask causes my shooting glasses to fog over. With the new mask mandate I guess it's no shooting. I don't know for sure, but my range will probably enforce it this time. I do have anti fog glasses but it's no help.
Stop shooting at places that force masking. There's no way id subject myself to that bullshit.

Mask causes my shooting glasses to fog over. With the new mask mandate I guess it's no shooting. I don't know for sure, but my range will probably enforce it this time. I do have anti fog glasses but it's no help.

I am not sure I'd worry about it, was out today and no one was following the new mandate.

You guys are actually following this order? I'm going to flaunt two edicts tonight by walking the dog after 10pm without a mask :cool:

Yes, this. I want to disobey the MA mask edict so badly that I am thinking I should drive my illegal-in-MA guns into MA just so I can shoot at a range there without wearing a mask.

Yes, this. I want to disobey the MA mask edict so badly that I am thinking I should drive my illegal-in-MA guns into MA just so I can shoot at a range there without wearing a mask.
I hope you quarantine for 14 days first 🐑

Sorry to hear about your brother. Did he actually die OF covid or did he die WITH covid. Big difference.

I didn't start wearing one in the first place. Haven't yet and never will.

Become a member at a non FUDD range.

I avoid the clubs enforcing this and as such have only participated in 2 shoots this year.
I haven't been to a single shoot enforcing this. And I went to around 12 shoots between August and this past weekend.

Are there people within 6 feet of you at the firing line?

If not, remove your mask.
Are you saying that if I am 73" from someone I am safe, 72" I am pushing it and 71" I will most likely get sick and die?

OP, go to the range at night. I hear COVID doesn't infect people between 10pm and 5am.

I live on the NH side but close to the border, certain business in MA I frequent, the type where 90% of the customers don't buy this shit - they never once had employees in masks even, no signs about masks, 100% non compliant for the most part. No issues resulted from the spring until now.

If a shooting range was forcing masks I would question what is wrong with the folks running the range. #1 whether maybe you can not fog your glasses it is a common problem, potentially a safety issue where sooner or later someone might accidentally discharge while screwing around with their glasses. Or potentially someone isn't going to hear somebody else trying to direct them in a safety related matter - clear communication is important at a range.

Back
Top Bottom