• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mashpee PD suspending license issuances

Well we do fingerprint people who have been arrested so I cannot see why a law abiding citizen who wants to obtain his rightful cc permit cannot also be printed. On the other topic I wish there was a voter ID law. The US goes around the world demanding at elections we oversee yet at home it’s wide open for fraud.

Soo... people wanting to exercise their 2A rights are equivalent to people arrested for suspicion of a crime? Just want to clarify your comparison and justification for infringement.

Soo... people wanting to exercise their 2A rights are equivalent to people arrested for suspicion of a crime? Just want to clarify your comparison and justification for infringement.
No that’s not what I said. The point is if they can take the time and exposure to fingerprint a felon, we can surely do that for someone applying for a license. Nice try though

Now you are going to apply logic. Why would you do that? This is MA we are talking about. The legislature wrote a law requiring that you get fingerprinted and a background check run and that is what the PD does....

Well, the legislature also wrote laws saying kids have to go to school, and that shit went out the window without any debate or new legislation because a virus exists. The PD could easily ignore the fingerprint and background check if they wanted, just like they ignore truancy laws. What's the difference?

I think he was referring to this current COVID suspension.

Back
Top Bottom