• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mashpee PD suspending license issuances

Mashpee clarified, only shutting down for a week so they can "sanitize" after positive cases at the facility. Keep in mind they are the ones who provide free LTC classes during normal times.

Good to know - and to make sure they get a copy of this:

Attachments

• Joint Guidance on Processing LTCs and FIDs (Final Rev. 12.7.2020)[1].pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Mashpee clarified, only shutting down for a week so they can "sanitize" after positive cases at the facility. Keep in mind they are the ones who provide free LTC classes during normal times.

That's great and all that, but it is still a bullshit excuse. The average 16 year old cashier at Market Basket can adequately sanitize their aisle in about 30 seconds. No reason the cops can't do otherwise. I bet they are still pulling people over too.

They really don’t need to do this, all can be done with distancing and masking up to do prints. Disappointing some of the departments are doing this. Comm2A should challenge it
I was dropping something off at the local PD and we were face to face with masks, no problems.

2A is not a god given right. The Bill of Rights was specifically designed to be "godless."

It sounds good though and makes you feel righteous, but you are wrong.

Just, wow. The BOR is supposed to stop the .gov from infringing on your god given rights or your atheist rights. Either way, .gov bad, no treat for them.

The god given part was from the declaration of independence, not the constitution or bill of rights.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

However you're born with these rights, they come from somewhere. Whether you believe it's from god or some other reason, you're born with them as a human, our government swore to protect these rights for us. A British subject or an Iranian citizen has the same right to bear arms or freedom of religion as we do, only their government hasn't sworn to uphold it and tries to suppress the exercise of those rights. These rights are not an "American" thing.

They really don’t need to do this, all can be done with distancing and masking up to do prints. Disappointing some of the departments are doing this. Comm2A should challenge it
What's more than disappointing is that anyone has to give fingerprints like a common criminal. Do they fingerprint people when they vote?

What's more than disappointing is that anyone has to give fingerprints like a common criminal. Do they fingerprint people when they vote?

Well we do fingerprint people who have been arrested so I cannot see why a law abiding citizen who wants to obtain his rightful cc permit cannot also be printed. On the other topic I wish there was a voter ID law. The US goes around the world demanding at elections we oversee yet at home it’s wide open for fraud.

Corrolary question:

How often have a LTC owner's fingerprints helped solve a crime in MA? Is it even once?

Other than proving you are who you say you are on the application (b/c apparently your driver's license and other proof of ID don't suffice), what is the purpose of submitting fingerprints to the Commonwealth?

I had to do the same here in NC, btw.

What's the point?

Corrolary question:

How often have a LTC owner's fingerprints helped solve a crime in MA? Is it even once?

Other than proving you are who you say you are on the application (b/c apparently your driver's license and other proof of ID don't suffice), what is the purpose of submitting fingerprints to the Commonwealth?

What's the point?
to submit your fingerprints to see if you are a wanted criminal... You are thinking about it backwards. It is not about having them on file (which they will), but to determine if you are already on file for being a bad person

Corrolary question:

What's the point?
power whores...

to submit your fingerprints to see if you are a wanted criminal... You are thinking about it backwards. It is not about having them on file (which they will), but to determine if you are already on file for being a bad person
If that were the case, why don't they do it in every state? Further, how many perps are actually caught by their fingerprints when applying for a permit? If you know you're a PP, you're not going to submit yourself to trying to get a permit legally.

Now you are going to apply logic. Why would you do that? This is MA we are talking about. The legislature wrote a law requiring that you get fingerprinted and a background check run and that is what the PD does. If you want a license to carry in CT, RI, FL, UT, TX, PA, they all take your fingerprints. I am sure many others do too, but these I know first hand. You could have taken a dead person's birth certificate and be a wanted fugitive for killing liberals in CA. They need to know these things...

Back
Top Bottom