Mas 36 yes or no?

El_Guapo77

NES Member
I was thinking of getting a mas well cause they look cool ;) any way a few questions:

Does any one here currently have one?

I have done some reading on these and there were some That were re chambered to .308 besides the ammo being more available is there any other advantage or disadvantages that it would have?

Also if I would like to reload ammo is it simple to do or a pain?

I have several MAS 36s and their variants. I love them. 7.5 French can be found online and there are several good reloads for them. Privi makes nice modern ammo for it. Not too expensive and the brass is reloadable. You can occasionally find the ammo as surplus too. I've also seen some before at various gun shows in MA. Since I'm from RI, I can't buy ammo at the shows so I didn't pay attention to the price there. Probably outrageous from what I hear of the ammo prices there.

Got one recently from an NES member for pretty much the same reason.

Shoots great, I love it! Ammo was available at my local shop (Glenn's in North Reading). Bought a bunch of surplus ammo online too for short money. And it reloads like 308.

The bolt takes a couple of shots to get used to but once you do its nice, you can cycle it real quick and easy. Stripper clips work nicely in it too, use the swedish ones (6.5mm I think they were originally) that also fit M1917s for best results. Not much recoil either, at least with the original pad on it.

I have one .. An interesting rifle ... They are short, compact and pretty accurate .. They would be nice for hunting deer BUT - the MAS 36 has no manual safety ..

Bob

I have two, plus a 36-51 (unfired). The 36s are impressively accurate. One of them has a trigger that's about as crisp as breaking a garden hose full of pea gravel, but the first time I shot it (off a sandbag), I got a five shot group under 3/4 inches at 50 yards, with the last of fading evening twilight.

Back
Top Bottom