Maryland police release footage of fatal police shooting

Reptile

NES Member
Maryland police have released body camera footage of an officer fatally shooting a man who rushed toward him with a knife.

The shooting happened Thursday in White Oak, just outside Washington.

The officer involved in the shooting was identified as Montgomery County Police Sgt. David Cohen. The department released the video Friday.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTviSRtm6Lg&feature=emb_logo

He held back on the first charge but dropped him on the second! It takes a huge set to run at a police man with his weapon on you. It take a bigger set to pull the trigger! Not sure I would have given him a second chance!

We were always cautioned that while an attack with a handgun ends (usually/in theory) when the attacker is stopped, an edged weapon remains potentially lethal even after an attacker is actually dead because physics means that a charging attacker, like this one, can keep moving at you for at least a short distance after death and the blade they’re carrying can cause serious or fatal injuries.

That second charge makes me wonder if this is a case of death by cop? You’d have to be completely nuts to do that. You can sort of see the guy pulling himself together and deciding to charge again, very deliberately.

I’m a little surprised this was posted so quickly. I would have thought that there would be some delay, maybe a considerable delay.

He held back on the first charge but dropped him on the second! It takes a huge set to run at a police man with his weapon on you. It take a bigger set to pull the trigger! Not sure I would have given him a second chance!

It doesn't take a small set if you want to die and don't give two craps if you create a world of hurt for the cop who has to squeeze the trigger.

Clearly suicide by cop.
I feel bad for the officer.

It doesn't take a small set if you want to die and don't give two craps if you create a world of hurt for the cop who has to squeeze the trigger.

Clearly suicide by cop.
I feel bad for the officer.
Yup, I feel sorry for the cop also. That's going to hurt for a long while.... assuming he's a regular Joe.

CNN: Innocent black man trying to sell his latest Cutco chefs knife to officer gunned down in neighborhood.

Yup, I feel sorry for the cop also. That's going to hurt for a long while.... assuming he's a regular Joe.

The fact that he stepped back the first time the guy advanced and continually told, almost pleaded with the guy to put the knife down suggests to me he's a normal human being.

I'm not minimizing the threat that this man posed to the officer. But it does kind of suck. This guy might be a decent human being who through outside factors has lost it.

My local PD has Rem 870s with beanbag rounds in every cruiser. Apparently they are very effective in taking people down.

Back
Top Bottom