• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maryland; Off Duty Trooper Road Rage; Oops

allen-1

NES Member
Off-duty Maryland State Trooper charged in alleged road rage incident

Baltimore County police arrested an off-duty trooper with the Maryland State Police for allegedly pointing a gun at another driver in a road rage incident while on Interstate 695 in Baltimore Sunday evening.

695 is "The Baltimore Beltway", it loops around the city, and is a high-speed multi-lane first class clusterfck. I grew up down there, and when I drive through there, I swear I can feel the attitudes of the drivers ramp up. You Ma**h***s would feel right at home. Aggressive driving is the norm. Apparently this trooper took it a step too far.

Baltimore County police arrested an off-duty trooper with the Maryland State Police for allegedly pointing a gun at another driver in a road rage incident while on Interstate 695 in Baltimore Sunday evening.

695 is "The Baltimore Beltway", it loops around the city, and is a high-speed multi-lane first class clusterfck. I grew up down there, and when I drive through there, I swear I can feel the attitudes of the drivers ramp up. You Ma**h***s would feel right at home. Aggressive driving is the norm. Apparently this trooper took it a step too far.

That sticker: I do not call 911

It seems more sensible every day since the cops are often more of a threat than the criminals they're supposed to be dealing with.....

695 is the second worst thing next to MD gun control policies. I left 8 years ago and just went back recently. The same stretch of 695, from 795 to security Blvd, is still under construction. Its been under construction for nearly 20 f*cking years. Probably cost more than the big dig at this point just to add a couple extra lanes to 3 miles of highway. Unbelievable.

We all yell at other drivers in the security of our own vehicle, many times I've wanted to brake-check people, drive even slower when people get on my ass....
So many times I've had to remind myself....."I have guns, their not worth losing....I have guns, their not worth losing"

Would love to have a Purge day though.
[wink]

We all yell at other drivers in the security of our own vehicle, many times I've wanted to brake-check people, drive even slower when people get on my ass....
So many times I've had to remind myself....."I have guns, their not worth losing....I have guns, their not worth losing"

[wink]

I used to do stupid things, although about the most aggressive thing I ever did while driving was alert the left lane bandits that they should move over and let me pass. The only brake checking I ever did was on a long stretch of I-30, where I was hemmed in by Jersey barriers on both sides, with a truck in front of me, and another truck behind me who would get so close on my ass that I couldn't even see his headlights. He could see there was a truck in front of me, so I couldn't go any faster. I couldn't pull over because of the barriers. I would slow down a little bit to create more room in front, so that I wouldn't get smashed between them should the lead truck brake suddenly.

I did see his trailer fishtail once when he locked the brakes. I'm not sorry about that. I almost wish he had actually wrecked.

As soon as the right-side jersey barrier turned into cones, I darted into the right lane and let him pass. I did get the truck number (it was a local company), and called them as soon as they were open for business the next day. I have no idea what happened after that.

[wink]

I drive so much that basically I'm pretty much immune to most of the jackassery unless its so bad that someone misses me by like a c-hair or similar. Thankfully those incidents are rare. I see stupid shit all the time though and basically am completely unfazed by it. I've never "brake checked" anyone, either (nor do I tailgate). IMHO trying to out-jackass a jackass usually fails and all you do is invite them to go full retard and make the problem
worse. I don't even flash highbeams at campers more than once unless I think it's some old broad thats half asleep at the wheel, and might not have seen it, because odds are, after the 2nd flash, most camper douchebags will just double down on the stupid and start acting worse after the 2nd flash interval. Many campers are boot licking, statist knob polishing nippleheads and take some kind of joy in f***ing up traffic flows for hundreds of people.

-Mike

Had to lay on the horn and stand my ground tnite at the 90 exit on rt.95 N as some goon tried to squeeze into my side from the breakdown. Of course he couldn’t slow down to get on the ramp behind me. That would be too easy. Must have been a hipster.

You need to put that on a bumper sticker.
In a reversed font.
For your front bumper.
So they can read it in their rear-view mirror.

if i ever drove a pickup that was wide enough id have a huge led matrix across the front grille that spelled out PLEASE STOP CAMPING in reverse and could be controlled by a momentary push button in the cab... maybe another thing below it that says THANK YOU if they move i can respond with that.... [laugh]

695 is the second worst thing next to MD gun control policies. I left 8 years ago and just went back recently. The same stretch of 695, from 795 to security Blvd, is still under construction. Its been under construction for nearly 20 f*cking years. Probably cost more than the big dig at this point just to add a couple extra lanes to 3 miles of highway. Unbelievable.
I think Springfield, MA has them beat. Been driving through there since I was a little kid, and it's still shut down and under construction!

I've been up and down the eastern seaboard countless times, and every single trip, it's always the MD area with the highest number of jackass' on the road.

Sure, we'll cut you the F off up here, but it's usually with purpose. Usually 1-2 times a trip I'd get cut off by a car with MD plates for no good reason. Just pull in my lane aggressively and slowdown.

I agree. Maryland is the worse. The concept of slower traffic keeping right is not a thing there. I hate driving there. Even New Jersey is better.

Maryland is full of dipshits. It's literally the only place I've ever been pulled over by a cop--for doing 72 in a 65 after being tailgated for a few miles by an undercover sheriff's deputy. Honest to god.

a**h*** was trolling for out of state plates.

Back
Top Bottom