• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Martin O'Malley releases his Gun Control Plan - National Gun Registry

Candidate for President Martin O'Malley felt it was time to fire up his campaign and base... nothing says that like a National Firearm Registry, fingerprint licensing, and the ever popular - microstamping. He will reduce "deaths by gun violence" (suicides, homicides, and accidents) by half in 10 years.

Side note - also believes there is a clean side that you can pick up a turd by.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/09/...-gun-registry/comment-page-1/#comment-9851213

It's rediculous, id be more concerned about joe who has to blow into his breathalyzer to start up his truck than firearm registration.

Has he seen what happened to crime in Australia after they banned guns?

The criminals never turned them in.

Other criminals resorted to other weapons.

The citizens had no means to defend themselves and the criminals seized on that.

All crime went through the roof.

We already have a "national registry lite" with 4473 records. Change the law to force all transfers to go through FFL, and then suddenly you have 1. Universal background checks 2. A registry, albeit one that is stored in a distributed manner. Once you give government an inch, they've got plenty of room for a crowbar

My problem with ideas like this are;
A.) History has shown on more than one occasion, gun registry leads to gun confiscation.

B.) If the intent is truly to stop crime (which I believe is not the intent, ever), then its a knee jerk/half assed attempt at solving a problem that requires a lot more thought and effort. To put it basically, a cop out/bandaid.

Political public service (in a lot of examples) seems to be the only job that is rewarded for being done half assed. Sad, really...

StevensMarksman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't that McCauliffe?

yes [sad2]

As a gundamentalist ammosexual, all of the statist oppressors look alike.

My problem with ideas like this are;
A.) History has shown on more than one occasion, gun registry leads to gun confiscation.

B.) If the intent is truly to stop crime (which I believe is not the intent, ever), then its a knee jerk/half assed attempt at solving a problem that requires a lot more thought and effort. To put it basically, a cop out/bandaid.

Political public service (in a lot of examples) seems to be the only job that is rewarded for being done half assed. Sad, really...

they want headlines and sound bites, not solutions. It's a good thing you can buy an unserialized lower....for now.

FDR signed the NFA into law, and LBJ signed the 68 GCA into law. The republicans have a lot of catching up to do.

Speaking of statist democrats, Clinton also signed the Dianne Feinstein-sponsored AWB in '94, Cuomo signed the SAFE Act, and Malloy signed the post-Newtown ban....so they have a LOT of catching up to do.

Last edited:
Yawn, this clown is just offering more " feel good vote for me I'm the guy! " legislation.

Good luck clown....

Last edited by a moderator:
still waiting for a democrat who wants to "save the children" to propose a reform of our justice system to end the revolving door that it currently is.

didn't work in Canada.

they refused to comply in CT
They refused to comply in NY

so yeah, lets go national with another failure of an initiative that will cost the taxpayer millions.

and **** you.

The citizens had no means to defend themselves and the criminals seized on that.

Hahaha. Read O'Crazy's talking points. VIOLENT CRIME is NOT mentioned, ONLY GUN VIOLENCE. He said that his policies will reduce GUN VIOLENCE!

If we banned Toyota Priuses, we can reduce the number of accidents involving Toyota Priuses by 50% in 10 years. In this statement I make no claims about reducing the OVERALL number of car accidents.

THIS is why the left continues to talk about "Gun Violence" and not Violent Crime. Because they know that (Correlation and not necessarily Causation) in places with more gun control (Chicago, DC, now NYC, etc) violent crime rates are significantly higher. Anytime they are only talking about "Gun Violence", rest assured that it is anti-2A propaganda!

Last edited:

Not really seeing that here:

figure_03.png

FDR signed the NFA into law, and LBJ signed the 68 GCA into law. The republicans have a lot of catching up to do.

Speaking of statist democrats, Clinton also signed the Dianne Feinstein-sponsored AWB in '94, Cuomo signed the SAFE Act, and Malloy signed the post-Newtown ban....so they have a LOT of catching up to do.

FOPA86 - THANKS, REAGAN.

FOPA86 - THANKS, REAGAN.

But wait... there's more!

May 3, 1994

To Members of the U.S. House of Representatives: We are writing to urge your support for a ban on the domestic manufacture of military-style assault weapons. This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. Although assualt weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime.

Every major law enforcement organization in America and dozens of leading labor, medical, religious, civil rights and civic groups support such a ban. Most importantly, poll after poll shows that the American public overwhelmingly support a ban on assault weapons. A 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll found that 77% of Americans support a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of semi-automatic assault guns, such as the AK-47.

The 1989 import ban resulted in an impressive 40% drop in imported assault weapons traced to crime between 1989 and 1991, but the killing continues. Last year, a killer armed with two TEC9s killed eight people at a San Francisco law firm and wounded several others. During the past five years, more than 40 law enforcement officers have been killed or wounded in the line of duty by an assault weapon.

While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals. We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons.

Sincerely,

Gerald R. Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/reaganak47.asp#GekSmDehPIO3vPx5.99

Import Ban on Assault Rifles Becomes Permanent

WASHINGTON, July 7— The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles. Imports of the weapons have been suspended since spring.

The permanent ban affects all but 7 of the 50 models included in the spring suspension. It does not affect the far larger number of virtually identical weapons manufactured domestically, nor does it affect foreign-made semiautomatic weapons already in the United States

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-ban-on-assault-rifles-becomes-permanent.html

If it wasn't for guns the American dream never would have come to fruition.

Yeah phase I of confiscation. Frigging gun grabbers do not sleep.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry too much. This guy's campaign is in deep, deep $hit. He is trying to throw a haymaker to stoke up his base to improve his god-awful poll numbers.

I remember in 2012 guys like Perry calling for elimination of IRS, Dept of Ed, etc (which I am in favor of, btw) in an attempt to save a sinking campaign by rallying the base.

Back
Top Bottom