Marshall's Firearms - Boscawen NH

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I was up in Concord today so I stopped into the small gun show at the Shriner's Auditorium up there. Decent little show. After I was done I did a google search for gun stores in the area and this Marshall's Firearms came up. I've never visited there so figured it was only 10 minutes north of Concord so I took a quick drive up and I'm glad I did.

This gun store is the kind of place I imagine was seen a lot in the old wild west. It was in a small wood cabin with a porch on the front with some well used chairs. When you walk into the place its very cluttered with items throughout the inside including traps and animal trophy heads hanging on the walls and ceiling. It's a deceptive little place that looks small but is packed with firearms, ammo, accessories, reloading components/powder and a dog belonging to the friendly older gentleman who owns the place. Overall I spend more time going through the piles of stuff then I did at the gun show. I even picked up some ammo at a good price. Hard to find Remington 30-30 for $14 a box anymore. Firearm prices seemed in line with most other gun stores I've visited but there were some deals to be had.

If your in the area stop in. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:
Many times in my posts here I have highly recommended Marshall's. Brad is a good old boy, he knows his shit, and treats people right. He hates Liberals, and calls a scissor beak a scissor beak. Good gun selection, reloading stuff, ammo,and even coffee if you want it. His prices are right, and the place looks like a gun shop, not a Firearms Boutique where everything is under lock and key and you have to wait in line till some snot nosed 23 year old with a hipster douche haircut comes and unlocks it for you.

Last edited:
I drive thru Boscowen every time I head up to Lebanon. I'll have to swing by.

It's worth the trip. Especially if you think Hillary, Bernie, and Osama Obama are worthless piles of monkey spunk.

Oh, and it's Boscawen, pronounced Bosk - a - wine.

Probably get great service if one of his buddies isn't there bullshit ting with him. Otherwise, you get ignored. Which is why I've never been back.

I call bullshit.[bs1] If you want to get fawned over like you were Kim Kardashian on Rodeo Drive, then go to the Firearms Boutique where everything is locked up. Otherwise, nut up and ask a question if you have one. I'm sure Brad will answer you.

Last edited:
I call bullshit.[bs1] If you want to get fawned over like you were Kim Kardashian on Rodeo Drive, then go to the Firearms Boutique where everything is locked up. Otherwise, nut up and ask a question if you have one. I'm sure Brad will answer you.

Call whatever you want. I don't need to be fawned over. I have a business. If one of my friends is here and a customer comes in, they get my attention. I was in there for 10 minutes while they bullshitted about a local restaurant. Not a single peep to me until I was on my way out.
I shouldn't have to ask a fvcking question in a service orientated business. Business's like that need work hard at first impressions. That was mine and I stand by it. So nut that up.

Last edited:
Call whatever you want. I don't need to be fawned over. I have a business. If one of my friends is here and a customer comes in, they get my attention. I was in there for 10 minutes while they bullshitted about a local restaurant. Not a single peep to me until I was on my way out.
I shouldn't have to ask a fvcking question in a service orientated business. Business's like that need work hard at first impressions. That was mine and I stand by it. So nut that up.

Well, he's been there 40+ years; he must be doing something right. I don't go to a gun shop to get my c*ck sucked, I go to buy stuff and hang out. Enjoy the Firearms Boutique.

OK Gentlemen. Please take your argument off my thread. When I visited the place there were a few guys there talking, but the owner did disengage and ask if I needed anything when looking in the case. Though I do agree that first impressions are important. For me I'll go back if I'm in the area. I just like the way the place looked and the feel it had. I have been ignored at a local gun store in Worcester and I'll never go back there. Everyone's perception is different.

I've been to Marshall's more than a few times. I love his firearms bargain section, it's on the porch, sometimes. Looking for used, odd or unique ammunition/components, look no further than his center aisle. It's a FULL shop and there is quite a bit to look for in the various nooks and crannies. I thought most prices on the higher side but then again bought my first centerfire for $25 and reload.

Most of my visits, without eye contact, nothing was said. However, I experienced exactly what Buggin was referring to and saw the same with another potential customer. In my case, he was speaking with a friend or good customer about firewood. I sidled up near the friend/customer and waited. A minute
or so later, took another tour. After a bit, I interrupted and asked my question and got my answer. No harm no foul.

Bottom line, even though I wouldn't go out of my way to disparage the place, guess what? I won't go out of my way to recommend it either.

There is so much to see in a small shop that Brad lets people browse unmolested until they appear to want info or specific products. I am one of his buddies and am there with my Jack Russell almost every Saturday. We sit on the porch in warm weather and solve the world's problems.Brad has knowledge and skill and is willing to share with anyone.The place has the feel of an old school General store and the locals love it there.Being much closer to the end than the beginning he values his time with friends and family.He doesn't seek to offend anyone but if you don't approve of his business model, he won't mourn your loss.

There is so much to see in a small shop that Brad lets people browse unmolested until they appear to want info or specific products. I am one of his buddies and am there with my Jack Russell almost every Saturday. We sit on the porch in warm weather and solve the world's problems.Brad has knowledge and skill and is willing to share with anyone.The place has the feel of an old school General store and the locals love it there.Being much closer to the end than the beginning he values his time with friends and family.He doesn't seek to offend anyone but if you don't approve of his business model, he won't mourn your loss.

This. I'll bet his dog has a blast with yours as well.

She does, Rosie is 13 (jack Russell) and Dusty is around 3-4 . Rosie has greeted folks at Brads door her whole life. You cant even say Brads name out loud without sending the dog into a high speed wobble .

This. I'll bet his dog has a blast with yours as well.

She does, Rosie is 13 (jack Russell) and Dusty is around 3-4 . Rosie has greeted folks at Brads door her whole life. You cant even say Brads name out loud without sending the dog into a high speed wobble .

Was in there last week. Someone had just tried to grab Dusty when they were driving by. I guess there was a neighbor who yelled at the guy and he took off. WTF?

Was in there last week. Someone had just tried to grab Dusty when they were driving by. I guess there was a neighbor who yelled at the guy and he took off. WTF?

Who in their right mind would try to grab a Jack Russell- in front of a gun shop! Never mind an armed owner, those dogs are tough little sons of a gun.

Rosie was the first small dog I've ever had. That crazy b#$%h has gone after a bear ,A moose and I saw her flip a German Shepard over who apparently wasn't used to other dogs standing up to him. With people she is extremely gentle and will stand still so toddlers and babies can pat her. Brad has welcomed Rosie and I for many years and gives her the run of the place.

Who in their right mind would try to grab a Jack Russell- in front of a gun shop! Never mind an armed owner, those dogs are tough little sons of a gun.

Not the Jack Russel, it was Brad's dog. They are lucky Brad didn't see it happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Rosie was the first small dog I've ever had. That crazy b#$%h has gone after a bear ,A moose and I saw her flip a German Shepard over who apparently wasn't used to other dogs standing up to him. With people she is extremely gentle and will stand still so toddlers and babies can pat her. Brad has welcomed Rosie and I for many years and gives her the run of the place.

I have a 1/2 Jack Russell, 1/2 Pomeranian Mix that is just like that. Fearless with animals, a great watch dog, but gentle with people he likes. Now when he sees that God damn Obama on the TV, it's another story.

I stopped in by chance last June during bike week. There was four of us (2 couples), all having MA class A licenses. We were just out riding around with no destinationin mind. We rode by Marshall's and I remembered reading good things about the shop on this Forum. There was a dog on the porch and 2 men inside. They were talking to each other as we came on the porch and patted the dog, they both greeted us as we entered the shop. The owner behind the counter asked if we were looking for anything in particular, we told him "no just looking around". He then said if we want to see anything in the case just let him know. They continued their small talk together and included us every chance they could. We were treated qiute nice by them and we will definately be stopping in anytime we're in the area.

I showed this thread to Brad on my phone (he doesn't do computers) he got a kick out of it and confirmed the Dusty abduction attempt. He thanks his supporters and invites all to visit.

I showed this thread to Brad on my phone (he doesn't do computers) he got a kick out of it and confirmed the Dusty abduction attempt. He thanks his supporters and invites all to visit.

Brad does hate computers. I love how he told NH Fish & Game to f*ck off when they wanted him to buy a computer, etc. for issuing licenses.

I bought my Heritage 22lr/22mag revolver there a couple weeks ago. A fun little shooter for plinking and also for putting down beef and pork critters

Back
Top Bottom