• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlin MODEL 60

hey guys i got a marlin model 60
and i was wondering if any one also has one
i been having trouble with scope rings
they seem when tighten all the way are just a hair to small
allowing the scope to much movement to shoot with
soo i was wondering if anyone has got the same gun and
what do they use for a scope and scope rings
i love the gun and want to keep for as long it fires
witch it does without any problems

hey guys i got a marlin model 60
and i was wondering if any one also has one
i been having trouble with scope rings
they seem when tighten all the way are just a hair to small
allowing the scope to much movement to shoot with
soo i was wondering if anyone has got the same gun and
what do they use for a scope and scope rings
i love the gun and want to keep for as long it fires
witch it does without any problems

Are you trying to put standard weaver scope base onto it? I think it has a .22 standard "groove" which is narrower than the standard width used for common scope rings.

I use a cheap $17 4x .22 scope from Walmart. It's held up well for the couple years it's been on it. It loosened up once when I got it. I since have used 'Locktite' and it's been solid.

I've got a Model 60 with a Simmons scope and rings. The scope is marketed for rimfire rifles and came with the right rings to fit rimfire dovetail slots. Hminsky is right that those slots are not weaver or pic' slots.

However, it sounds like you problem is the scope sliding in the rings. Are you sure the rings are the right size for the scope? If the rings are slightly too big then you can shim (duct tape or aluminum can pieces) or bed (auto gasket goop, auto body putty, stock bedding material) the scope.

I wasted the $15-20 on a cheap BSA rimfire scope for our Model 60. It doesn't hold zero for shit. Le$$on learned.

thanks alot dudes i ordered a simmons 3-9 silver, wanted black but onlysilver its ok want to keep this gun always have lots of fun till my scope became a pain

You’ve got a great rifle there. I’ve had mine for what seems like decades and haven’t had a single hiccup. No matter what gun I purchase and enjoy, I always come back to the Marlin 60 for some fun and inexpensive shooting.

I have an inexpensive variable power scope on it that’s made for 22 rifles and locks right on to the rib on the receiver that’s made for it, can’t think of the name of the scope off hand.​

Back
Top Bottom