• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin model 60 sight adjustment

Ok how the hell do I adjust the windage on this Model 60? It groups 15 rounds into about 1" at 75 yards (not bad for a $60 gun) but its high and about 4 inches to the right. Are these sights even adjustable for windage? I really dont want to scope it, and tech sights would cost me more than the rifle did.

To move the point of impact to the left, tap
the rear sight base to the left. To move
the point of impact to the right, tap the
rear sight base to the right.
Windage adjustments to the rear sight
can be made by gently tapping the dovetail
portion of the rear sight in the
desired direction

Taken from the owners manual. Hope it helps.

I have the same rifle and it shoots an unbelievable group at 100 yards but 3" low and 2" right. I'll try the same.
Thanks!

I have the same issue. Forgot about it when I put a scope on it for a while, but the gunsmith apparently didn't put the scope on correctly because it fell off after a few hundred rounds and I can't get it to stay on without walking on the rails. I hate the imprecision of the sights, but at least they stay on.

I have the same issue. Forgot about it when I put a scope on it for a while, but the gunsmith apparently didn't put the scope on correctly because it fell off after a few hundred rounds and I can't get it to stay on without walking on the rails. I hate the imprecision of the sights, but at least they stay on.

Model 60's are notorious for the walking scope syndrome. Try using a coupe of dabs of Silicone and crank down the clamps next time you sight it in.

Looks Like the sights are all set [smile] heres 14, yes 14 rounds off a bag with winchester 333 bulk:

marlin60.jpg

marlin.jpg

Not bad for a $60 gun!

I just got one last summer that'll shoot just as well. Maybe I got lucky, but mine groups very tightly.

Word on the street over at RFC is that Marlin's QC has gone down hill over the last few years. Although that could be just grumbling from some who are never happy.

Good to know you have a shooter. I love mine and want another. Cash flow is low so I passed on bidding on the stainless model at the TVI auction.

Careful with them on the 795. Some of the barrels they're sending out are apparently canted, so the receiver-mounted rear tech-sight lines up just fine but the front sight is off to the side. It's an annoying problem that has me regretting the rifle purchase.

Careful with them on the 795. Some of the barrels they're sending out are apparently canted, so the receiver-mounted rear tech-sight lines up just fine but the front sight is off to the side. It's an annoying problem that has me regretting the rifle purchase.

Forgot you just posted about this last week. This give the grumblings some legs about QC at Marlin.

What did you decided to do about the front sight?

Forgot you just posted about this last week. This give the grumblings some legs about QC at Marlin.

What did you decided to do about the front sight?

And I'm definitely not the only one out there with the barrel cant problem. I suspect it has something to do with the 795 basically being a 60 with a mag instead of the tube - they retooled to drop the tube but decided to align the barrels by hand/eye without coming up with a better fix.

I haven't had time to really decide on anything yet. It seems like a nice solid little gun so I'll be keeping it (still unfired), I just need to figure out how long it will take and if they can guarantee that the next one will be straight, otherwise I'll have to drill/tap a new hole. Or just get a scope, though I'm already in for the Tech Sights...

Back
Top Bottom