Marlin Model 60 in Store ?

CMF

I'm planning to get a Marlin Model 60 but I want to look at the different stocks before making a final decision. I'm down to the laminated, synthetic and carbon fiber options. Does anyone know any gun shops with one or more of these rifles on display?

Thanks!

I used to own a Marlin 60 and wasn't too impressed with it. Have you looked into the possibility of spending and extra $30-$45 and getting a Ruger 10/22 ? I'd consider trying both before I put down my hard earned cash. IMNSHO the Ruger is a much more versatile and accurate for the money.

I was at Dick's Sporting goods in Seekonk last night and I did not see any Marlin 60's on the shelf. :( They had a 10/22, Mossberg Plinkster (Dang that thing is light...) and several others.

I have a marlin in synthetic / stainless.

I recommend it. It's very accurate and it has eaten all the ammo that I've thrown at it so far. (I can't say the same for my 10/22.)

It is a bit of a pain to load compared to loading magazines. I will post back here when my Spee-D-Loader comes in!

GNS-120.jpg

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS120-1.html

I think I like my 10/22 sightly better, mostly because of the removable magazines. They make tech sights for both and both are easy to mount scopes on.

My marlin and my 10/22 are both ready for the mini Appleseed this weekend!

I'd definitely be interested in a 10/22 but am limited to "low capacity" rifles as I have an Alien Firearms Permit (like a FID). The Marlin qualifies only because it is a 22LR with a tubular mag. My green card has just been approved (I actually found out about 10 minutes ago!) so now I only have 5 years to wait for citizenship...

Noelephant, I'd be interested to hear how you find the Appleseed without a mag fed rifle. I'd love to go to an Appleseed but from what I have read it would be very hard even with the speedloader.

Quote from the Appleseed forum:

"d. Tube-fed .22's will do, as long as they hold at least eleven rounds. There's a procedure to "simulate" a required magazine change. A mite tedious, but workable. "

Stolen from this topic:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4031.0

I'm not sure if I will end up using the Marlin or not - it may just end up being my backup rifle, but if I use it I will let you know how it goes.

*Edit* If you can, check out the mini-seed in Mansfield this weekend. Check the thread in the training / appleseed section. I believe the range has .22 CMP rifles they can loan, you could ask in the thread if you do not have your Marlin by then.

Last edited:
I'd definitely be interested in a 10/22 but am limited to "low capacity" rifles as I have an Alien Firearms Permit (like a FID). The Marlin qualifies only because it is a 22LR with a tubular mag. My green card has just been approved (I actually found out about 10 minutes ago!) so now I only have 5 years to wait for citizenship...

Noelephant, I'd be interested to hear how you find the Appleseed without a mag fed rifle. I'd love to go to an Appleseed but from what I have read it would be very hard even with the speedloader.

Congratulations!
The 10/22 IS low capacity and can be purchased and possessed with a FID. There are dealers who ignore this so find one that knows the law and you're good to go.

Jonj,

I am inclined to avoid anything that is close to being in a gray area as far as low vs high capacity is concerned. A 10/22 is very likely a low cap rifle but I don't particularly want to be the test case that establishes this...

Back
Top Bottom