• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin didn't fix my rifle, what are my options?

I don't see JM marked anywhere and the rifle was made in Mayfield, KY.

- - - Updated - - -

With scopes or the stock sights? There's no way I could get 2 inches at 50 yards with the stock sights.

they fire it from a mechanical rest at a target and measure the groups. The sights are not really a issue when they use the testing benches

I'm betting this a case of the arrow getting blamed, instead of the Indian. Until you sandbag that thing and spend some bench time with a few different types of ammo, blaming Marlin and asking for a new bbl seems silly.

Rz0R037h.jpg

heres some group info

your average is about 4.6 moa just a tad higher than the Marlin specs of 2" at 50 yards or 3.82 MOA so your rilfe is close to spec figure give a +/- of 1 moa for conditions, ammo, skill ?? I will do the other targets later.

I would stick with the Aguila 40 grain LRN for any further testing.

Last edited:
I'm betting this a case of the arrow getting blamed, instead of the Indian. Until you sandbag that thing and spend some bench time with a few different types of ammo, blaming Marlin and asking for a new bbl seems silly.

Switching ammo with out cleaning the barrel between batches and then letting the bore foul out a bit can give you false results. Often causing groups to suffer.
When im done with looking at the targets I will try to point a few things out that make sense of the data. Im not very good at putting words to what im trying to get through.

When manufactures test for accuracy they use something like this

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom