• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin 795

I just picked up a Marlin 795 for 100 bucks at Dicks, went their to buy one thing and walked out with another, hey couldnt resist.

I have one. Awesome little rifles. Very lightweight.

The one downside is that doing a "trigger job" is really not an option.

By the way you can use other magazines for it. If I remember the marlin 795 mags are pretty expensive.

I got mine here and you literally cannot tell the difference when put side by side.
No issues with function.
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pr...-71902-10-Shot-Nkl-Clip-22-Bolt,-17Mach2.html

By the way you can use other magazines for it. If I remember the marlin 795 mags are pretty expensive.

I got mine here and you literally cannot tell the difference when put side by side.
No issues with function.
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pr...-71902-10-Shot-Nkl-Clip-22-Bolt,-17Mach2.html

I saw some on say at MidwayUSA.com for i believe 13.00

I can't find a bad thing ever said about the thing online.

That said, a friend bought one about a month ago and it has been total junk. We ran about 800 rounds through it. Many FTE's in the beginning, talking 4 or more per mag with multiple types of ammo, including CCI. It just became flat out annoying and no fun to shoot.

After that, the rounds started coming out sideways and all over the place. This was with a cleaning in between. Can't vouch for exactly how it was cleaned or anything else. I recommended he send it back to Marlin as such behavior seems more the exception than the rule.

For us, when it was working, it was a nice, accurate little rifle for the money. I don't find the trigger to be obnoxious but YMMV.

You get lemons with everything I guess.
I bought mine at the same time 2 other friends bought theirs. None have had issues.

At $100 at least it's not a horrible loss if you get a bad one.

I can't find a bad thing ever said about the thing online.

That said, a friend bought one about a month ago and it has been total junk. We ran about 800 rounds through it. Many FTE's in the beginning, talking 4 or more per mag with multiple types of ammo, including CCI. It just became flat out annoying and no fun to shoot.

After that, the rounds started coming out sideways and all over the place. This was with a cleaning in between. Can't vouch for exactly how it was cleaned or anything else. I recommended he send it back to Marlin as such behavior seems more the exception than the rule.

For us, when it was working, it was a nice, accurate little rifle for the money. I don't find the trigger to be obnoxious but YMMV.

The barrell on my 795ss came out of the factory canted, and the dovetail on the receiver isn't quite right either. Make sure you check it out if you can before buying.

No issues with function.

Thanks for this. I have been looking for some new mags for my 795. Didn't realize there were cheaper ones that were compatible.

I have one -threw a cheap BSA scope on it and love the thing. Some are a little rough from the factory, so you may want to polish the bolt, rails, and feed ramp.

^This guy's pretty funny, but he knows his Marlins![rockon]
Mini Mags work great in it -as do most anything for me... except maybe remingtons. [grin]

--Oh, and be careful not to bend the bolt spring. [rolleyes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom