• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin 336-30/30 Marlin 336/44 worth

It's worth what people will pay for it, I see JM marked 44s advertised from 900 to 1500, of course I can buy a new ahenry for around 900 so I wouldn't pay more than 800 for a used Marlin. also are you sure it's a 336? I'm not a marlin expert but I thought they were only found in 1894/95 varieties. or is it a .444 marlin?

Just curious what they might be worth really can’t find to much info
I always check armslist and gunbroker to see what they are going for on there and typically price slightly below because I more interested in getting rid of something if I am actually selling a gun.

I have had nothing but luck selling items here on NES as an FYI...

Just curious what they might be worth really can’t find to much info
I don't know, but your best bet is looking around Gun Broker and see what online stores are selling them for.

For GB, try to find 10-15 and do an average price. If one is way over priced, throw that out. We all want out stuff to be as expensive as possible, but you have to be realistic about the price if you want to sell it... or your add will keep the Noveske lowers company.

Depends if its a JM or a Remlin. JM will be more.....but new Ruger made are less than 1K right now....and most people will buy those before an old JM., as they are better made than JM. And WAY better made than Remlins.

So of your over a grand...IMHO your hoping for a miracle. 44 mag....would be worth more.....until Ruger starts selling those which will be soon. Some people are gay with these old Marlins, but I think that market is settling down, and honestly....I'd list a 336 JM in great condition I really wanted to sell for 750 and call it a day. 44mag maybe 850 as they are more rare. I mean, odds are your got these things for 350 or less when things weren't retarded, as they were sitting on every gun store rack used with dust on them for 300 dollars most of my gun toting life.

Remlin....worth less.....600 ish.....if its late model.....early 2012-2014 Remlins are litterly crap.....I would never buy....they were poorly made. Right before they sold out to Ruger, they were making some really OK guns.

I just tried selling a perfect late 2018 or so model well made Remlin with peep sights and turnbull safety delete here for 650 which to me was very realistic, and got no responses. Didn't feel like shipping it, so didn't gunbroker it. Also not one to keep bumping something a million times here like people tend to do. If its out there I will put it out there realistic priced. If it doesn't sell, I'll find another avenue like GB or trade it up at KTP.

Brought it up to KTP and got 700. Easy no bullshit, actually that was the cash offer, which surprised me..but I was happy. I do a fair amount with them and they are fair to me in most cases.

Sometimes its just not worth your time to list stuff here, people tend to be on the cheap side, and it doesn't get a lot of views as this is a small local site. And I've just been bringing it up to KTP. If they really lowball me, then I resort to GB.

Last edited:
Same here, never seen a 336 in anything other than 30/30, 35 Rem, 444 & 450 Marlin & 45/70. Maybe a few others but not in 44Mag
I think he means an 1894 in 44 mag.
Pic in the classy's looks like an 1894 to me.....tough to tell.

They did make 336's in 44 mag., saddle ring carbine version, for a while in the 60s, that is exactly what he has/is selling.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL4ipNxnfuo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom