• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlin 1894C Availability and Questions

Periphery

Banned
First off, has anyone seen any recently? I've called several stores both large and small and none can find any from their distributors.

Secondly, has anyone bought one more recently and how was the quality? I really want one and would honestly get a Henry if it had a side loading gate, but I also like how the Marlin looks a lot. There have been some quality issues though so it makes me nervous.

No experience with the Marlin's but I hear that the older ones are made MUCH better than newer models. I've seen photos of the newer models with cracked stocks and poorly fitted wood etc.

I have a Henry Big Boy in 357 and 44 mag and don't think I'll ever sell them. What a blast to shoot, especially the 44 mag.

Supposedly the quality is much better now. I have not seen one in a store since just after Remington moved production and quality was awful. See them on the auction sites, but for more than I would be willing to pay. I recently grabbed a Rossi 92. I have a pre Remington 1894C and love it but got the Rossi when I got tired of looking for a second one.

Supposedly the quality is much better now. I have not seen one in a store since just after Remington moved production and quality was awful. See them on the auction sites, but for more than I would be willing to pay. I recently grabbed a Rossi 92. I have a pre Remington 1894C and love it but got the Rossi when I got tired of looking for a second one.

The Rossi 92 was an alternate on my list, the receiver just looks a little more plain and has that top ejection but that isn't a big deal.

If I don't find the Marlin I'm gonna end up buying another revolver and my wife will roll her eyes at me. She thinks they're all the same.

I don't think Marlin is offering the 357 model right now. I believe it's just the 44. Marlin owners forum has some ramblings about the line being reintroduced late this year or early int he spring though.

I have a 1974 model 1894C in 357 and it's probably my favorite rifle of all time. They're tough to find and more expensive than an 1873 right now. I would look for a 44 mag new version and wait on the 357. The new 44 mag version I saw recently looked really nice and the action felt good upon initial inspection. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

i was going to agree with you after checking GB for "North Haven". I got only 1 hit.

Then i tried going to lever action rifles and just searched on "haven".

I got a lot of hits. It seems many many sellers are confused and advertise "New Haven" Marlins. Which don't exist.
Marlin was never in New Haven.

They are confusing New Haven Winchesters with North Haven Marlins.

Either way if you go to lever guns and search on "haven" you will find a few of the New Haven Winchesters and North Haven Marlins.

Don

http://www.gunbroker.com/Lever-Action-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=haven

i was going to agree with you after checking GB for "North Haven". I got only 1 hit.

Then i tried going to lever action rifles and just searched on "haven".

I got a lot of hits. It seems many many sellers are confused and advertise "New Haven" Marlins. Which don't exist.
Marlin was never in New Haven.

They are confusing New Haven Winchesters with North Haven Marlins.

Either way if you go to lever guns and search on "haven" you will find a few of the New Haven Winchesters and North Haven Marlins.

Don

http://www.gunbroker.com/Lever-Action-Rifles/BI.aspx?Keywords=haven

Thanks, unfortunately still no .357/.38spl models.

I ended up getting the 1894 .44 today and it shoots great. I need a bigger lever loop though it's too small for my hands. I was thinking I needed sight upgrades too but they aren't bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom