• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlborough Show - 1/28-1/29

If it's anything like the last Marlboro show it will not be worth the money to get in. Last time it was sparsely attended with lots of empty tables, antique junk and few and far between gun tables. It's getting a little cut throat between FFLs in MA as well. Talked with the vendor who was walked out of Marlboro's last show for selling a Glock while at the NH show last weekend and he knows of more then a few FFLs that are not coming back. Doesn't bode well for the show. Was surprised to hear that another FFL demanded he be removed from the show. Not good at all.

I would bet anything that it has to do with whoever the whiner being one of the "promoters pets" . The problem with that shitty promoter is that if you're not well liked by them or greasing the right palms or whatever the deal is, you get treated like shit, I've seen it happen more than once. Maybe this will finally be the catalyst for someone else to start running shows in MA. They could start with one in Western MA, the west springfield one needs to be killed off and put out of its misery, badly.

-Mike

Is the show going to lame now after the Healy gun fiasco? I have not been to a show in a couple of years. Are the shows less crowded?

Is the show going to lame now after the Healy gun fiasco? I have not been to a show in a couple of years. Are the shows less crowded?

The last show in Marlboro right after Healey's gun grab was very lightly attended and there was a sign on the door indicating that no ARs or AKs would be sold in the show. Think that turned some people away. Plus I don't believe the vendors had a big inventory yet of "other" rifles to sell. I think that issue is done now and most vendors will have other things to sell. As to attendance I still think it will be light.

The last show in Marlboro right after Healey's gun grab was very lightly attended and there was a sign on the door indicating that no ARs or AKs would be sold in the show. Think that turned some people away. Plus I don't believe the vendors had a big inventory yet of "other" rifles to sell. I think that issue is done now and most vendors will have other things to sell. As to attendance I still think it will be light.

Thats' what I was thinking. I remember MOST of the vendors were all about AR's and stuff. My wife and I love the WW2 stuff, so hopefully there will plenty of that still there :)

Thats' what I was thinking. I remember MOST of the vendors were all about AR's and stuff. My wife and I love the WW2 stuff, so hopefully there will plenty of that still there :)

Seems like a good time to buy WW2 stuff. I notice the guys selling militaria get very little attention. I've also seen some good deals on Mausers if that interests you. WWII era American rifles seem to be a little over priced.

I've been before and it is fun to look around. Gives you something to keep you busy on a Saturday morning or afternoon. I am looking to buy a 75 Ruger m77 30-06 if I can find one. Long shot but still a possibility. There always seems to be a ton of older rifles there and ton or AR parts. Oh let's not forget all the war items people have. I also do enjoy some jerky as well.

Hopkinton Sportsmens and USPSA will have tables @ the show, generally on the right rear side of the building near the overpriced bad food (near the concession stand). I will be there Saturday afternoon.

If it's anything like the last Marlboro show it will not be worth the money to get in. Last time it was sparsely attended with lots of empty tables, antique junk and few and far between gun tables. It's getting a little cut throat between FFLs in MA as well. Talked with the vendor who was walked out of Marlboro's last show for selling a Glock while at the NH show last weekend and he knows of more then a few FFLs that are not coming back. Doesn't bode well for the show. Was surprised to hear that another FFL demanded he be removed from the show. Not good at all.

I guess a drive by is in order to see how many Uhaul trucks are parked there. Hopefully there won't be a line out the door and around the corner when Barry was PUTZ..... ahem....POTUS.

I'll also be there with the Hopkinton crew recruiting for our spring introduction to USPSA class. For anyone who posted in the "Why don't people compete" thread, this is your chance to learn to participate in the action sports and gain confidence.

I may pop over and talk to you about this. I do a lot of IDPA and want to try USPSA. Plus your club is very close to me.

I go to most shows, mostly to browse. And occasionally I have found a few gems.

Provided they have permission to set up a table. You just can't go setting up things on private property without permission.

[satire]

Two girl scouts.

First one walks the line with a couple open bags of cookies, handing them out and telling them in a hushed voice, "First taste is free..."

Second on walks a few behind the first with a rucksack full of cookies.

100 overweight, older guys with cash in their pocket, standing in line for 30 minutes. They'll cleanup. No tables. They can carry some sacrificial donuts in case the fuzz try to bust them.

[/satire]

I may go tomorrow morning. I don't even know the last time I went to the Marlboro show. It's been at least 3 years. Does this show still attract the obligatory smelly bastards? I swear there were guys that would intentionally skip showers for a week, rub onions on their armpits, and eat 6 pounds of Indian food so they can walk up and down the aisles crop-dusting all goddamn morning.

I may go tomorrow morning. I don't even know the last time I went to the Marlboro show. It's been at least 3 years. Does this show still attract the obligatory smelly bastards? I swear there were guys that would intentionally skip showers for a week, rub onions on their armpits, and eat 6 pounds of Indian food so they can walk up and down the aisles crop-dusting all goddamn morning.

[rofl]

I was thinking about checking out the show. I think I'll pass now.

Nothing has changed. Still smells shit

- - - Updated - - -

All the more reason to attend. I'll be there for sure.

Definitely shorter line than the last time I was here.

We'll see if there is anything worth my time inside

The secret to dealing with the intentionally smelly bastards trying to create their own personal space at the show is to dab some Vicks Vaporub under your nose. I don't know why they still stank themselves up anymore now that deals and finds at MA shows are long gone.

My gun show going criteria.
1. I must have some cash to spend
2. It must be foul weather or I'm going to the range.
3. I have a list of items that I know I won't find at LGS
4. I have zero plan. I find it to be a better time spent just looking at everything. I think you can end up with better deals.

Y last show was in Plymouth. 3 years ago maybe 4
I went in on a mission.
54r ammo and some 20 round AR mags.
Ammo was easy 2tin crate was 180$ they wanted 225$
Walked over to vendor with the best selection of AR 20 round mags. I pulled my 100$ out and said 6 mags..he shook his head quickly and pulled that 100 out of my hand like a hungry kid wanting a chocolate bar...
Picked my 6 mags and left.

The key word is "SHOW" go there to look at all the stuff and you might find something. If not plan it well to hit few shops on the way there or home.

Ear plug guy was there . . . And two hundred guys straight out of central casting ( think " The Russians are coming, The Russians are coming" ! ) . . . Bro, we get it, you like guns . . . Otherwise, not a bad morning take, mood was upbeat, folks friendly.

Place is friggin packed now. Off to slow start but definitely not showing it now!
Yes, surprisingly over-crowded. I had to stand in line for a while to get in around 11 AM. So crowded, in fact, that they were parking cars at the adjacent office building parking lot (which itself was pretty damn full). First time I ever saw that.

Inside, in spots you couldn't even move. I should have waited until Sunday.

The place was packed indeed. I came around 10:30 - 11:00am and parked parallel to the snow bank in the adjacent parking lot. Stood in line to get in for 5 min or so.
Bout some ammo and targets. I was also looking for pm9, but have seen only two in the entire place - one new and one used. Didn't buy it though (wife called... LOL)
I stopped buy the Hopkinton desk couple of times to introduce myself, but it was so busy and everyone looked pretty preoccupied that I just kept on going through the isles - ohm well, maybe next time.

Last edited:
It was much better back when you could walk around with a cigar! :)

The Vaporub trick was very good when dealing with bodies that had been in a heated apartment for a few days. As was the cigar, which was the reason a lot of old time cops had them in their shirt pockets.

But I digress.

The secret to dealing with the intentionally smelly bastards trying to create their own personal space at the show is to dab some Vicks Vaporub under your nose. I don't know why they still stank themselves up anymore now that deals and finds at MA shows are long gone.

I've got a couple of good deals over the years when I wasn't looking for anything in particular. A S&W Model 10, a SMLE No.4, Mk 2, and a nice stainless Ruger 10/22. None of which I was specifically looking for.

54r ammo used to be around $30.00 per spam can. I should have bought a lot more back then. :(

My gun show going criteria.
1. I must have some cash to spend
2. It must be foul weather or I'm going to the range.
3. I have a list of items that I know I won't find at LGS
4. I have zero plan. I find it to be a better time spent just looking at everything. I think you can end up with better deals.

Y last show was in Plymouth. 3 years ago maybe 4
I went in on a mission.
54r ammo and some 20 round AR mags.
Ammo was easy 2tin crate was 180$ they wanted 225$
Walked over to vendor with the best selection of AR 20 round mags. I pulled my 100$ out and said 6 mags..he shook his head quickly and pulled that 100 out of my hand like a hungry kid wanting a chocolate bar...
Picked my 6 mags and left.

The key word is "SHOW" go there to look at all the stuff and you might find something. If not plan it well to hit few shops on the way there or home.

Stopped in 2:00-4:00 with some friends and their two teenagers.

The usual crowd but seemed to be more tables with just junk.
The boys enjoyed the WWII stuff and my friend bought a couple mags for her G42.

I snagged 2 cheap flashlights and a couple meat sticks....

Last edited:
Walked right in at 1:00, kind of crowded. Did very well....not one thing I wanted to buy, butt it was a smellathon

I went to the show today and it was a good time! I've always enjoyed seeing so many toys under one roof. Even picked up a HK45C. I did notice a lot of Nazi items for sale. I'm not talking about collectibles but helmets with sprayed on swastikas. I never noticed this before and why is this at a gun show? Any feedback on why this was there at all?

Back
Top Bottom